Author Topic: Does the God of the Bible exist  (Read 2995 times)

Online One Above All

• Professor
  • Darwins +223/-30
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Does the God of the Bible exist
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2012, 04:00:35 PM »
I'm a big fan of Deuteronomy myself.  But all the Books of Moses are so full of content, you are bound to have fun with whichever one you chose.

I'm bound to have fun regardless of the topic. I'm willing to bet my knowledge of nearly everything surpasses that of the OP.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2012, 04:03:36 PM »
You are right about my knowledge of evolution.  I do actually realize that the Big Bang is separate.  It's just that a certain dogmatic someone gets under my skin.

So you were intentionally lying, pretending to be stupid?

I didn't realize there was a middle theory between that and evolution.  So it is improper to lump them all together.  However the theories I refer to still exist.

Can you even accurately describe one?

Can you explain what any of this has to do with a god existing or not existing?

we have a huge battle over words.

No, we have you being belligereent and dishonest, unwilling to be open and sincere enough with others to acknowledge their post.  You're treating us like shit for keeping you honest, then blaming us for the consequences.

My study of evolution mostly has been the study of other people's opinions, people much more educated on the subject than I.  If all these theories were as cut and dry as it's supporters act then there would not be so many debates. 

There are not debates, it is the a scientific consensus.  Creationist do not make credible scientific arguments and have no place in the world of academia.

Well according to my own knowledge it is not observable

This is false.  There are tens of thousands of experiments, publications, and data points upon various evolutionary mechanisms.

Which one are you saying is not observed?

which is part of the scientific method posted above.

This is also false.

You don't 'see' something for it to be 'science'.  You can observe something either directly or indirectly, much of scientific theories are about things we cannot detect readily with our senses.  That's why we build devices in order to examine that which we cannot see, plus we are also limited to drawing deductive conclusions based on the remains of evidence left over from an event.  Regardless of not observing the event, we can take the evidence and form hypothesis about what the event was.

In fact, it's the very first step.  Sure some of it can be observed, species have variance.  I guess this is what keeps it scientific.  But the parts that could help end the debate are not.

Can you even describe anything that has anything to do with evolution?

We have yet to get you to even describe anything accurately.

So you people should not go around and tout it as fact and bash me for not agreeing because like it or not people far more educated in the matter than I believe this also.

It IS fact, you are not being bashed because you don't agree with it, you're being repeatedly hammered with questions and smited BECAUSE YOU'RE LYING.

The newly released documentary "Expelled" blows the whistle on what many evolutionists have been doing for decades, which is brooking no opposition to anything that challenges Darwinian dogma.

False.  Not a single person in the fake documentary was actually 'fired' for being a creationist, in fact many of the individuals lied about their own termination or changes to their access within their department.

Sternberg in particular claimed to have had his 'keys' taken away from his access to a museums displays because he dared 'talk' about intelligent design.

What really happened is that his keys were replaced with magnetic swipe card and he had access all along.   He also claimed to be a member of the institute, but his actual position was temporary from the very beginning.  He turned entirely clerical changes in an office space into a full blown conspiracy.

More importantly.. nothing in the video addresses what scientific evolution is.

Actually we can't even get to this point.

Because you can't actually define or explain anything you're claiming to talk about.  You follow a similar pattern of equivocation; make a blind assertion that misuses terminology explains nothing and just begs more questions, refuse to answer anything while equivocating to any question to get you to be more accountable, and then finally peoples frustration with having to deal with your ignorance as to why you were right all along.

Right.  That'll convince everyone.

I am even bashed for using process of elimination?  That's absurd.  If A and B are not correct then C, however improbable, must be correct unless there's a D, E, and F.  I believe evolution supporters use this to conclude evolution is correct, at least according to what I have read here so get off your high horses.

Holding you accountable for your claims is not 'bashing' you.  People are taking you to task over your horrific use of logic and poor arguments.  This is another fantastic example in your second sentence:

// If A and B are not correct then C,//

Evolution being true or false, has nothing to do with your god claim being true.

This is a type of fallacy called a false dichotomy, you're intentionally limiting the choices two binary options that do not follow from the evidence or are not rational in any sense.  Hence that's why I asked you what do any of your claims have to do with a god existing or not existing when I first responded to you.

In order for all of the evolution, and related theories, to be true then God and the Bible must also be eliminated.

False.  This is the same false dichotomy.

Evolution has nothing to do with a god ( generically ) existing or not existing.  It is also a false dichotomy when you imply that it is either your god or no god, that's just ignorance and arrogant considering the shear number of god claims.

Your choices are no god, or an infinite number of gods, or an infinite number of something else.

The big bang, evolution, and the entirety of science has nothing to do with it.  Science is only integral where it literally contradicts a literal creationist myth.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2012, 04:04:44 PM »
Are you going to apologize to us for lying right to our faces and generally treating us like shit?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +67/-10
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2012, 04:24:34 PM »
Jstwebbrowsing, I'm still waiting for you to choose one single theory to discuss with me. You can pick multiple, of course, but in separate threads. I do not recommend it, though.

Okay we can start with the Bible.
where are the books about Jesus as a child?....omitted? non-existant? lost?....the Gospel of Thomas painted Jesus as a real prick,,,,why is it not part of the bible?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +677/-1
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »
My opinion is yes.  I come to this conclusion through the process of elimination.  I started with the fact that we do exist. 

Firstly I eliminated evolution.  For a scientific theory it seemed very unscientific.

http://www.faizani.com/news/news_2003/math_impossibility.html

Dozens of other references to this effect can be found.  I literally would have a better chance of a windstorm building me a house.  I don't know the number but I know at some point of improbability science considers something to be impossible.  And it is way way way below this number.

If I accept it them I must accept it on the basis of faith, defying scientific odds.  Would anyone disagree with this statement?

Do you wash your hands before you eat? If you do, you "believe in" the germ theory of disease. It's just a theory, though. Scientific theories can never be proven, no matter how much evidence there is. But I am sure you think there is enough evidence of germs to keep washing your hands before eating. Science does not care what people believe. There are germs or there aren't.

You don't know appear to know what evolution is, at least in the way biologists use the term. The theory of evolution has nothing to do with why humans exist or how life came to be on earth.

Evolution deals with how populations of organisms adapt to their environment over time. The theory accounts for why different animals have all solved the same environmental problem in similar ways. Like birds, bats and bees all fly, but use different mechanisms. And similar fish will have different coloring from those in another part of the ocean, based on the color of the plants it lives among, so it is camoflauged from predators.

When the theory was first proposed in the 1800's it was based largely on observations of nature. After a lot of observations over many years by lots of people, the theory became even stronger. Now we have had nearly 200 years of replicated experiments, new discoveries that reinforce the original ideas, and most importantly IMHO, useful applications of the theory.

Nobody has falsified the theory of evolution yet, and genetics has traced DNA changes of primates and other species back in time over millions of years. There is way more evidence than anyone should need.[1]

Most everything they do on CSI shows is based on applications of the theory of evolution. They can tell from a handful of bone fragments that it was a racoon and not a human child. They can tell from a hair and some saliva that it was this particular human being and not that one.   

Anyone in 2012 who "doesn't believe" in the theory of evolution (while eating chips made from genetically modified corn) does not know what evolution is. It would be like someone "not believing" in physics, geology, or chemistry while using computers, cell phones, gas-powered cars and sunscreen everyday. Or "not believing" in the theory of gravity while walking down the street.
 1. like certain fossils right where evolution predicted them, lab experiments that demonstrate what evolution said should happen, successful treatment of illnesses with antibiotics, eradicating diseases with vaccines, genetic testing for inherited traits, etc, etc

I don't usually repost my entire comment, but I want JST to address these points.[2]

I explained in very basic terms what the theory of evolution dealt with. I gave an analogy to the germ theory of disease and pointed out that theories are never proven in science. Science is always provisional, because a new discovery tomorrow could overturn what we know today. Does not mean that the theory is not valid, or useful or true, based on what we know today.

The most important part of what I wrote is that the theory of evolution works in application. That is about as close to proven as you can get in science. When you use it to do stuff, the stuff works! We have put together a nearly complete genetic story of how humans are related to other primates-- down to which genes make us different from chimpanzees. The theory predicted where those genes would be, and that is where we found them. Are you saying that the scientists who have done that work are using an incorrect theory, but it accidentally keeps working?

If we are not really related to chimpanzees and other primates, why does the evidence point that way every time?  Or are all the different researchers in India, China, South Africa, Ethiopia, England, Sweden, Russia, the US and Brazil part of a big hoax? Are they all lying for some strange reason and nobody ever calls them out on it?

We cure diseases with the theory of evolution. We solve murders with the theory of evolution--that is what CSI is all about.

JST, you seem to have respect for science, except when it seems to go against your religion. But you are not willing to actually study any science, even when it is presented in short videos and websites. So, if the theory of evolution is wrong, or "unscientific", or not as good an explanation of biological diversity as the bible account, please explain the facts I have presented, esp. the parts I have bolded.

Finally, explain how any of this proves or disproves the god described in the bible.

2. I am used to repeating things in simpler and simpler ways, since I am a college professor. I am therefore used to dealing with ignorant people who think they know more than they do....
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2012, 05:27:02 PM »

In it's simplest form evolution means change.  By this definition I did neither.

Creationist do not make credible scientific arguments and have no place in the world of academia.

This is simply your opinion.  In my opinion you are incorrect.

Which one are you saying is not observed?

One species evolving to become another.  Or is that some other theory?

You don't 'see' something for it to be 'science'.  You can observe something either directly or indirectly

One species evolving into another cannot be observed either way.

Can you even describe anything that has anything to do with evolution?

I have.

What really happened is that his keys were replaced with magnetic swipe card and he had access all along.   He also claimed to be a member of the institute, but his actual position was temporary from the very beginning.  He turned entirely clerical changes in an office space into a full blown conspiracy

You are simply incorrect, or are lying.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/7619670.stm

Evolution being true or false, has nothing to do with your god claim being true.

This is a type of fallacy called a false dichotomy, you're intentionally limiting the choices two binary options that do not follow from the evidence or are not rational in any sense.  Hence that's why I asked you what do any of your claims have to do with a god existing or not existing when I first responded to you.

It would mean he is lying and therefore the God of the Bible would not exist as he is described in the Bible.  He did not say he evolved man.....unless I missed that part.

This is my last post to you.  I have a theory that no discussion I have with you is going to be constructive or beneficial. 

Lucifer:  I will allow you to pick a biblical topic.

"I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God. I will gird thee, though thou hast not known me"  (Isaiah 45:5)

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
I didn't realize there was a middle theory between that and evolution.  So it is improper to lump them all together.  However the theories I refer to still exist.  But instead of anyone simply saying what Lucifer said, "There is no such theory, because each theory explains one thing and one thing only. So pick one and we can debate that", we have a huge battle over words. I guess no one but Lucifer was smart enough to figure this out and simply make a minor correction in my thinking.

My study of evolution mostly has been the study of other people's opinions, people much more educated on the subject than I.  If all these theories were as cut and dry as it's supporters act then there would not be so many debates.

Take note, fellas: Jstwebbrowsing's misunderstandings of how science actually works constitutes a major fault on our part. His education is our responsibility. After all, who could possibly fault him when he's already committed to the conscientious study of the topic through random links that pop up in a Google search (from Harvard, u guise!!!) and other people's opinions?

Quite a convenient strategy. No need to understand anything, employ basic logic, or produce evidence for claims - just claim it all as the opponent's responsibility while citing random people on the internet by invoking the Almighty Scientific Authority of Google! Just misrepresent the hell out of how science actually works, erect strawmen of the actual claims, and put the onus on people like Lucifer and Omen to keep him from cruising full speed ahead with all four tires shot out from under him.

A quick search of "scientific impossibility" immediately brings up topic after topic about evolution.  What?  The keyword evolution is not even in the search!  Which part is unscientific?

Of course this is a significant flaw of science - the fact that scientists are actually doing science instead of policing Google to make sure creationist propaganda mills and random cranks with opinions are kept in check! Don't you guys realize that reality is a matter of public opinion?!

Sure enough, his method actually works!  I just typed in "abductions" and what did I get?  Pages and pages about UFOs and aliens!  C'mon guys, which part of this is unscientific?   :D

It begs the question why he chose to prove the existence of the God of the Bible through some overwrought conflation of separate areas of science when he could've just saved the time and ran a Google search.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »
nogodsforme:  I do not disagree with anything you have said.  I have pause when I am expected to believe on organism changes to become another organism.

The theory of evolution has nothing to do with why humans exist or how life came to be on earth.

Okay then which theory does?

Am I incorrect in saying that the theory of evolution contains theories of one species evolving into another?
"I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God. I will gird thee, though thou hast not known me"  (Isaiah 45:5)

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »
Take note, fellas: Jstwebbrowsing's misunderstandings of how science actually works constitutes a major fault on our part. His education is our responsibility. After all, who could possibly fault him when he's already committed to the conscientious study of the topic through random links that pop up in a Google search (from Harvard, u guise!!!) and other people's opinions?

Since I have not performed experiments myself then of necessity I must base my opinion on that of others.  However, it's not like I don't ask myself if their opinions make sense.

I mean, my opinion of God comes mostly from the opinions of others as laid out in the Bible.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2012, 05:57:25 PM »
Sure enough, his method actually works!  I just typed in "abductions" and what did I get?  Pages and pages about UFOs and aliens!  C'mon guys, which part of this is unscientific?

Perhaps aliens do exist.  So the topics may be relevant and accurate.  So what does this say about my search on scientific impossibilities?

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2012, 06:04:33 PM »

In it's simplest form evolution means change.  By this definition I did neither.

You just admitted that you did lie and that you did know better.

You are right about my knowledge of evolution.  I do actually realize that the Big Bang is separate.  It's just that a certain dogmatic someone gets under my skin.

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »
Since I have not performed experiments myself then of necessity I must base my opinion on that of others.  However, it's not like I don't ask myself if their opinions make sense.

I mean, my opinion of God comes mostly from the opinions of others as laid out in the Bible.

Well, of course!  I know that my high school science course certainly emphasized the value of opinions in reaching scientific conclusions in the absence of the ability to reproduce experiments in my living room. All that mumbo jumbo about data and evidence was just to make the quizzes harder. It's like they're trying to leave the children behind.

And don't mind the peer-reviewed literature published in scientific journals - that's just for the scientists to fluff up their own credentials.

Perhaps aliens do exist.  So the topics may be relevant and accurate.  So what does this say about my search on scientific impossibilities?

Well this certainly throws everything I thought I knew into question. My parents told me that Santa Claus wasn't real, but look at all this Google corroboration!  He even has his own website!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:16:06 PM by Aspie »

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +67/-10
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
nogodsforme:  I do not disagree with anything you have said.  I have pause when I am expected to believe on organism changes to become another organism.

The theory of evolution has nothing to do with why humans exist or how life came to be on earth.

Okay then which theory does?

Am I incorrect in saying that the theory of evolution contains theories of one species evolving into another?
what happens to the common cold virus,or the influenza virus?....why are they a problem every year?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +17/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2012, 06:32:03 PM »
Are we going to be doing radiometric dating, age of the earth and the whole bit this time? It's not evolution but we need a time frame. Is it 6000 years or more?

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +120/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2012, 06:52:54 PM »
If aliens exist, then according to your worldview, God created them. Why aren't they mentioned in the Bible?
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »
Well this certainly throws everything I thought I knew into question. My parents told me that Santa Claus wasn't real, but look at all this Google corroboration!  He even has his own website!

Then the scientists searching for life on other planets are stupid I guess.  This definately does not help your argument.

Well, of course!  I know that my high school science course certainly emphasized the value of opinions in reaching scientific conclusions in the absence of the ability to reproduce experiments in my living room. All that mumbo jumbo about data and evidence was just to make the quizzes harder. It's like they're trying to leave the children behind.

Then please show me the results of your own experiments.  I have read the case of both sides.  I do actually watch many science documentaries, although I tend toward cosmology, therefore I cannot escape learning about evolution from those that support it.

12monkeys:  I'm not sure what you're asking.  I did not disagree with the theory of germs.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:20:06 PM by Jstwebbrowsing »

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +369/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2012, 07:11:47 PM »
Are we having a debate this evening?  Or has Lucifer gone to sleep? 

I've spent entirely too much time on this forum in the past few days.  Should I just curl up with a cup of tea and watch Ancient Aliens and call it a night? 

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2012, 07:18:31 PM »
If aliens exist, then according to your worldview, God created them. Why aren't they mentioned in the Bible?

For the same reason we aren't given the names of all the stars.  It is beyond the scope of the book.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:22:32 PM by Jstwebbrowsing »

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +17/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2012, 07:46:40 PM »
What is the scope of the book? It seems to start with nothing and then there was stuff.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +120/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2012, 08:01:38 PM »
For the same reason we aren't given the names of all the stars.  It is beyond the scope of the book.
Oh I don't know, it says Adam named all of the living things, and aliens are a living thing, therefore Adam must have named him. I think it's safe to say that it is within the scope of the book especially since that book is supposed to contain all of the knowledge that is necessary.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »
I think it's safe to say that it is within the scope of the book especially since that book is supposed to contain all of the knowledge that is necessary

Necessary for what?  Necessary for our salvation.  I would wager aliens have nothing to do with our salvation and therefore are not mentioned.  That is the scope of the Bible.  To give us the knowledge required for salvation.

As far as Adam naming things, I would wager that meant earthly things since he certainly didn't name the angels.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
Jst,
   Sorry, sort of joining in the middle.

My opinion is no, the god of the bible does not exist.  The older I have gotten, the smaller god has gotten, until *poof*  -  I realized, there is no bible god, no proof, and ancient writing was to explain the unexplainable.  I have absolutely no way to disprove god, just as you have no way to prove god.  Oh, we can talk on and on and on…. and we certainly will, but in the end……..   

So tell me more about Jehovah’s Witnesses – do some believe that the god of the bible does not exist?  Is that allowed?  What happens to a Jehovah’s Witness if he begins to lose faith – is there pressure to leave the church?  Or pressure to stay?
Also, where do Jehovah’s Witnesses stand on the latest historical Muslim  vs Christianity global wannabe top dogs?

Add:   Will Jehovah's Witnesses join the military?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:25:17 PM by shnozzola »
The irony is with freewill.  Atheism realizes we don't have it, while the fundamentals of theism demand it but don't want it.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2012, 08:45:54 PM »
I have absolutely no way to disprove god, just as you have no way to prove god.  Oh, we can talk on and on and on…. and we certainly will, but in the end……..   

Heh..

So tell me more about Jehovah’s Witnesses – do some believe that the god of the bible does not exist?  Is that allowed?

No.  One must believe that "Jehovah is and is the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him."

What happens to a Jehovah’s Witness if he begins to lose faith – is there pressure to leave the church?  Or pressure to stay?

I only know what I have read and my father in law is a disfellowshipped Witness.

If one begins to lose faith then they are encouraged to approach the elders.  The elders will then try to help restore their faith.  If they cannot then I assume the individual leaves on his own or if their has been a serious infraction they may be disfellowshipped, at least for a time.  They can however still attend meetings and can be restored to their position if they fix the problem.  They may not ever be allowed to be a teacher, but I am not sure of this.

Also, where do Jehovah’s Witnesses stand on the latest historical Muslim  vs Christianity global wannabe top dogs?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Will Jehovah's Witnesses join the military?

No.  They also won't participate in politics.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2012, 08:54:20 PM »

One of the reasons I got sucked into WWGHA is the debate about how damned sure each religion is about their narrow beliefs as being true - willing to fight to the death, and all - and totally unwilling to live with the other side - at this time period, it's the Muslim's insisting on death (to those who oppose us) - not always, though - christianity has as much blood on it's hands.
The irony is with freewill.  Atheism realizes we don't have it, while the fundamentals of theism demand it but don't want it.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »
Jstwebbrowsing you seem to be intentionally drifting very far off-topic. The topic of the thread is proving the existence of god, and apparently you also wished to talk about evolution. So far you have presented no evidence of your god. Only a claim and a link which I pointed out was utterly false and filled with lies and misinformation.

It was your topic, you of all people should be able to stick to it effectively.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +17/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
You don't need the entire text of the bible for salvation. God could just say that you have to believe him or else.

I threw out the Gideon King James I had, just have the Part II. There is some fire and brimstone near the end, is that where the salvation comes? Threat of fire or you believe.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »
Jstwebbrowsing you seem to be intentionally drifting very far off-topic. The topic of the thread is proving the existence of god, and apparently you also wished to talk about evolution. So far you have presented no evidence of your god. Only a claim and a link which I pointed out was utterly false and filled with lies and misinformation.

It was your topic, you of all people should be able to stick to it effectively.

No I am just responing to posts while I wait for Lucifer.  I have no intention of debating with every poster of this board if I can only do it with one.

Perhaps I should just end the thread.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »
I must admit, I'm curious. How exactly do you plan to debate Lucifer when you've so far failed to make a single intelligent claim about.......well anything really? Even in your own thread you couldn't make an opening claim that wasn't profoundly ignorant and easily verified as false and a lie by anyone who had actually bothered to look.

You do realize that constantly lying and trying to shift the conversation around while misrepresenting yourself and the facts will be even less successful in a one-on-one debate?
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +16/-69
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:17 PM »
Well for one I don't believe this debate here to be fair.  All over this forum you see references and encouragements to use Google and suchlike things.  However, I evidently am not allowed to do so unless I am looking for proof that athiests are right.

Not much has been presented to me other than statements presented as fact.  There is nothing really given to back up these statements.  This debate would actually be much easier if those are the rules.  I could just simply say "I am right, you are wrong" and win the debate.  This is pretty much the arguments I've seen used against me. 

I post a site with numbers on it.  I get the reply.  "Oh that's wrong, he doesn't know what he's talking about." yet there is no proof given.  This banter goes on and on and on, especially from one particular individual.  If you know who I'm talking about then you know I'm right.