No
19 (79.2%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
want proof
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 05, 2012, 02:04:21 PM

Author Topic: Demon Possession  (Read 19364 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Demon Possession
« Reply #290 on: May 04, 2012, 06:50:01 AM »
You know, I walked into a church once. By some kind of crazy coincidence, the area was hit with an earthquake and it burst into flames almost at the same time. Sucks, right? =/
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #291 on: May 04, 2012, 07:33:41 AM »
you were serious about Zathar,  I tell what I was told you need professional help

Given my claims have no less weight than yours, so shall we go seek professional help together?

I find that extremely funny.  if you live in the upstate NY are sure I go with you for counseling.

Well, I recommend it anyway. ;)
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #292 on: May 04, 2012, 07:40:45 AM »
I asked a Christian once why I couldn't get Satan to appear so I could sell him my soul or why other characters wouldn't appear such as demons. They said they didn't have to appear to me because I was already lost and would be Satan's property anyway so He didn't have to waste his time with me. Hmmm.

Offline Asmoday

• Reader
  • Darwins +14/-0
« Reply #293 on: May 04, 2012, 07:41:21 AM »
You know, I walked into a church once. By some kind of crazy coincidence, the area was hit with an earthquake and it burst into flames almost at the same time. Sucks, right? =/
I know, right? That happens to me all the time.

Though I don't go into churches a lot anymore. I was told from the higher-ups that what I made the bishop do with the nuns last time was considered a bit much.
Absilio Mundus!

I can do no wrong. For I do not know what it is.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #294 on: May 04, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
Though I don't go into churches a lot anymore. I was told from the higher-ups that what I made the bishop do with the nuns last time was considered a bit much.

You're lucky. I've been banned from churches all over the world entirely. Something about being the spawn of Satan or whatever.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #295 on: May 04, 2012, 08:31:51 AM »
And now you've ignored it twice.

I want your guarantee that if I follow your words exactly, I will get that personal experience.

Why is this so hard for you to give?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #296 on: May 04, 2012, 10:05:16 AM »
those that want to have demons here you go.

http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/list-of-demon-names.html

love that website. 
NEVER SAY A DEMON'S NAME OUT LOUD. I repeat: NEVER SAY A DEMON'S NAME OUT LOUD.

Hmm, Furfur looks fun (Mike, the site's owner claims she's a countess in hell but wikipedia and their source A. Crowley  &)  has that *he's* a great earl of Hell) .  Furfur! Furfur! Furfur!   Hmmm, nothing.  Hastur! Hastur! Hastur!  (ooooh I'm in trouble now  ;D)

and I have a mosque (in an ex-church!) and a couple of synagogues nearer to me than a church. Those okay for getting your god's attention, Nate?   But I can find a church.  Which kind are TrueChristianstm in your estimation? 

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #297 on: May 04, 2012, 10:27:35 AM »
Hmm, Furfur looks fun (Mike, the site's owner claims she's a countess in hell but wikipedia and their source A. Crowley  &)  has that *he's* a great earl of Hell) .

Maybe she's the same as Lucy Fur:

Devils can change their gender over time.  Astaroth has been male for a couple thousand years but was Astarte, aka Ishtar in the ANE.

Conversely, that paltry list does not have Belphegor.  All countries, it seems, have a patron saint.  St. Edward the Confessor for England for instance.  France, too, has St. Denis as their patron saint.  But France is so (dis)honored that it has a patron devil -- Belphegor.  Some time after he got the job as ambassador to/governor of France he changed to female.   She appears as a woman in a robe with a mask covering most of her face.  She is said to be very beautiful or very terrible or both.

A year ago there was an incident in France when a woman (a lawyer no less) sneered at a Moslem woman in a burka at a supermarket as "Belphegor".

There is a French novel made into a movie a couple times about Belphegor sneaking around the Louvre at night and killing some people.  Spoiler:  It's a woman burglar/murderess in a costume.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #298 on: May 04, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »
you have the coolest details, Historicity.   :)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #299 on: May 04, 2012, 12:44:18 PM »

Wasn't there a big oral culture before the old and new testaments were written? I wonder how they communicated the names of these demons before they were eventually recorded?
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #300 on: May 04, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
^^^^ semaphore  8)

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #301 on: May 04, 2012, 12:55:56 PM »
lol!

Oh and this has become my new favourite site:

How to Become a Werewolf

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #302 on: May 04, 2012, 01:32:39 PM »
I want to say the name of a demon out loud.  Give me one or a few.  This should be a fun weekend. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2012, 05:10:06 PM »
The "don't say an evil being's name out loud" came from the idea that names had power.  If you said a name out loud, it might hear you and take notice.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »
Like saying "beatlejuice 3 times"?

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »
The "don't say an evil being's name out loud" came from the idea that names had power.  If you said a name out loud, it might hear you and take notice.

Oookay. Demons only notice you if you say their names....because they have human-style ears. Right. Why am I not scared yet? &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »
Bob, Bob, Bob...Sam, Sam, Sam,... Oliver, Oliver, Oliver

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »

Got to love them demons, would love to take one for a test drive… ;)

Still nothing.            sigh.
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2012, 11:25:09 PM »
extra big moon tonight. that could, work.  &)
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2012, 12:56:50 AM »
Devils can change their gender over time.  Astaroth has been male for a couple thousand years but was Astarte, aka Ishtar in the ANE.

So the words 'god' and 'devil' are interchangeable, then?  That would explain rather a lot about Yahweh...
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Rustybeatz

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2012, 01:55:43 AM »
those that want to have demons here you go.

http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/list-of-demon-names.html

love that website. 

Hmm, Furfur looks fun (Mike, the site's owner claims she's a countess in hell but wikipedia and their source A. Crowley  &)  has that *he's* a great earl of Hell) .  Furfur! Furfur! Furfur!   Hmmm, nothing.  Hastur! Hastur! Hastur!  (ooooh I'm in trouble now  ;D)

and I have a mosque (in an ex-church!) and a couple of synagogues nearer to me than a church. Those okay for getting your god's attention, Nate?   But I can find a church.  Which kind are TrueChristianstm in your estimation?

I just visited that website and screamed out almost all the demon's names.  Nothing happened yet.  I'm also drunk right now, does that make me more susceptible to demons?  WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN???  haha

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2012, 04:59:38 AM »
Nothing, have another beer. ;)

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #312 on: May 05, 2012, 10:19:39 AM »

i concur, demons are often spoken many times and nothing happened. enjoy your beer.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #313 on: May 05, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »
I think you have to be dancing naked in the moodlight saying their name for anything to happen.  Man, I'm going to need some of that beer also to pull this one off.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +788/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #314 on: May 05, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »
Like saying "beatlejuice 3 times"?

Or typing it once...
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Rustybeatz

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #315 on: May 05, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »

You are a true prophet as both of those things happened.  For one, nothing happened, and after that I did have another beer. 

I feel great today, btw. 

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »
Say my name - I'm apparently counted as demon..  I might take possession of your fake soul..   :-\
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."