No
19 (79.2%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
want proof
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 05, 2012, 02:04:21 PM

Author Topic: Demon Possession  (Read 17610 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Demon Possession
« Reply #261 on: May 03, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »
NATHAN, it isn't nice to spread lies. I have nothing to do with what's happening.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #262 on: May 03, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »
Agreed I wish people would not get sick but they do becuase we live in a natural world.

But you just claimed:
  We can always find what we want to believe.

Which is it? You are making contradictory claims.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »
no one must realize we live in a natural world with disease.  anyother opinion is not logical

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »
Jesus please come back soon. 

I told him not to, so he won't.

Over 2000 years and counting; yet another bit of evidence that Lucifer is more powerful than nathan's god. ;D
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2012, 02:15:29 PM »
no one must realize we live in a natural world with disease.  anyother opinion is not logical
According to the bible you believe in, all sickness - colds, flus, headaches, were caused by demons, and the term disease may not have even existed at the time..  Any other opinion is not logical - demons were the explanation for ailments according to the bible, and the physicians of the time, including Jesus, were also miracle-healers, which at the time, were actually a dime-a-dozen.  Numerous miraculous miracle-workers, however, Jesus sticks out as the religious highlight of an ancient great physician...
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #266 on: May 03, 2012, 02:17:06 PM »
With all the nagging you might be female.

With all your stupidity you must be a creationist.
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »
Over 2000 years and counting; yet another bit of evidence that Lucifer is more powerful than nathan's god. ;D

And NATHAN refuses to believe it... Oh well...
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2012, 02:23:04 PM »
So your previous statment was incorrect. You acknowledge you are capable of making incorrect judgements.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »

According to the bible you believe in, all sickness - colds, flus, headaches, were caused by demons, and the term disease may not have even existed at the time..  Any other opinion is not logical - demons were the explanation for ailments according to the bible, and the physicians of the time, including Jesus, were also miracle-healers, which at the time, were actually a dime-a-dozen.  Numerous miraculous miracle-workers, however, Jesus sticks out as the religious highlight of an ancient great physician...
[/quote]

Your interpetation of sickness is incorrect.  Becuase of Adam and Eves sin we all experience death, pain, suffering etc.  It was not caused by god it is the natural world we live in. You guys make it more spiritual then I do Wow

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2012, 02:42:12 PM »
Pehaps Ambassador Pony is right, that or Nathan is mentally retarded.

now now lets leave those that can't defend themselves out this.  Stop labeling people.  Good luck folks I am singing off.  your lack of proof that god does not exist forces me to believe you are crazy.

In all seriousness thank all of you that responded.  it is always good to get different perspectives.  I will have to figure out a way to get proof for all of you.  it obviously will take time. 

Be Blessed and I pray God does show himself to all of you acceptp Lucifer you already know he exists.

You've yet to prove Zathar does not exist, yet Lucifer and I have given our testimony to his existence. You know Zathar demands that you give up your God for him because he will save the world from the Quasars and those who believe in him will be granted an eternity in his special Nebula where you're able to have all that you wish and live in harmony. Why worship your God when Zathar actually exists and the consequence of not worshipping him is the potential risk of destroying the earth and you be severely punished for it.

Can you prove to me that my statements are wrong?
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2012, 02:42:20 PM »
So your previous statment was incorrect. You acknowledge you are capable of making incorrect judgements.

Can't we all be wrong at some point and time.  I never claimed to know everything. 

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »
Pehaps Ambassador Pony is right, that or Nathan is mentally retarded.

now now lets leave those that can't defend themselves out this.  Stop labeling people.  Good luck folks I am singing off.  your lack of proof that god does not exist forces me to believe you are crazy.

In all seriousness thank all of you that responded.  it is always good to get different perspectives.  I will have to figure out a way to get proof for all of you.  it obviously will take time. 

Be Blessed and I pray God does show himself to all of you acceptp Lucifer you already know he exists.

You've yet to prove Zathar does not exist, yet Lucifer and I have given our testimony to his existence. You know Zathar demands that you give up your God for him because he will save the world from the Quasars and those who believe in him will be granted an eternity in his special Nebula where you're able to have all that you wish and live in harmony. Why worship your God when Zathar actually exists and the consequence of not worshipping him is the potential risk of destroying the earth and you be severely punished for it.

Nope Zather exists.  is a childs game called War of warcraft.  Does your mommy know your are playing with matches?

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
Agreed I wish people would not get sick but they do becuase we live in a natural world. I wish that people starving all over the world could be fed but greed does not allow that to happen.  I wish that the people being slaughtered just becuase they are of a different ethniticity was not happening but it does becuase racism reigns in someplaces.  I wish war would end but deep hatered does not letthat happen.  I wish God would appear so everyone could see Him but why should he since the last time he was her he go cruxified.

We live in a sick dying world bound on self distruction becuase of lucifer.

Nathan, you have a very sad view of our planet. You need a boatload of meds and years of therapy.
There is no god there never was. Get over it and learn to live this life and appreciate it.
I can't believe one of these nut bags may run the USA it's a very scary thought.
Yahweh believers on one side, Allah believers on the other. I feel such sorrow for all the mammals on my doomed planet.

beer anyone? 
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »
Your interpetation of sickness is incorrect.  Becuase of Adam and Eves sin we all experience death, pain, suffering etc.  It was not caused by god it is the natural world we live in. You guys make it more spiritual then I do Wow

isn't it great how human ability has basically said in so many cases "fuck you god, so much for your punishment of disease"? 

Nice to see that you, Nate, pick and choose what you want your god to be responsible for.  such a pretty magic decoder ring you have. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
« Reply #275 on: May 03, 2012, 02:47:07 PM »

Can't we all be wrong at some point and time.  I never claimed to know everything.

Fine. You acknowledge you can be wrong. Good.

Demonstrate to me that you weren't wrong when you thought you saw demons.

Furthermore, and without dodging, answer my four questions:

I state (1) I exist,(2) I am male,(3) I live in the United States,(4) and I am actually an incarnation of the one and only Loki, the Norse God.

For each of these four claims, do you believe me?, yes or no.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:49:54 PM by Hatter23 »

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »

Nope Zather exists.  is a childs game called War of warcraft.  Does your mommy know your are playing with matches?

He doesn't exist in World of Warcraft, Zathar doesn't have the time to play WoW, he's busy saving the universe. As Zathar is real, you are condemning yourself and putting our planet at risk by not worshipping him.

If you cannot prove that my statements are wrong, then I cannot take you seriously.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
those that want to have demons here you go.

http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/list-of-demon-names.html

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
you were serious about Zathar,  I tell what I was told you need professional help

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »
those that want to have demons here you go.

http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/list-of-demon-names.html

Gimme a few minutes while I read those names.
We choose our own gods.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2012, 02:52:34 PM »
So I fear people in to accepting Christ because I believe through my life experience there is a hell and people will spend eternity there.  I applaud you for standing up for your beliefs and I respect them but I have seen demons, had experiences that prove Lucifer exists (still has no power) and seeks to destroy people for eternity.  There is only one way to know and that will be the day we all die.  in that day we will know if we are right or wrong.
Let me correct your grammar here.  You terrify people into believing in Jesus because your experiences in life lead you to believe that hell exists and that people will spend eternity there.  So...what difference is there between your actions and the actions of other people who use terror to force others into accepting something they want?  The simple fact is that there isn't.  It's wrong to use terror to try to force people into making a decision the way you want them to.  The means you use shapes the end you seek.

Quote from: NATHAN
You do have to accept the gift of Salvation through Jesus.  Your right.  I bet if someone offered you a millions you would take it.
If someone offered me a million dollars, with the same terms as your salvation through Jesus, you had better believe I wouldn't accept it.  "If you worship me for all your days, I'll give you a million dollars after you die".  See the problem?  This gift of eternal life doesn't come until after someone dies.  What sense is there in that?  The reason for this Christian belief is because it's impossible to verify anything that happens after someone dies, therefore promises about what happens after death are "safe".  People don't want to believe that once they die, that's it, so they buy into those promises about what happens after, wrongly believing that they're better off by believing than by not believing.

Quote from: NATHAN
I am trying to present fact and I am sorry if you take it as intimated  but there is a time coming when I guess we will all know the truth about heaven or hell.
The thing is, you aren't presenting fact.  You're presenting opinion.  You have no evidence, no way to prove your statements true.  By definition, then, what you're saying is your opinion.  And to be blunt, I'm not at all intimidated by your opinion on this matter.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
Alright. Try to exorcise me now. We'll see what happens.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
you were serious about Zathar,  I tell what I was told you need professional help

Given my claims have no less weight than yours, so shall we go seek professional help together?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
Nathan, I have issued you a warning for trolling. You will cease pretending to be an idiot in order to take advantage of the forum membership. If you are not interested in engaging in earnest, as the person you actually are, then you should move on. This is not a place for playing pretend and being selfish.

The consequence for further transgressions is having all of your posts moderated by a responsible adult.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #284 on: May 03, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »
Given my claims have no less weight than yours, so shall we go seek professional help together?

The question is -- will Nurse Ratchet let you watch sports championships?

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #285 on: May 03, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
To appease your silly line of questioning becuase you think it is relevant

Probably the first set
With all the nagging you might be female.   :o

Wow, sexist much? I'm a man Nathan and i am only asking this because you are ignoring my questions.

Which one makes more sense to you?

Boy #1: I have a baseball.
Boy #2: Oh yeah? Prove it.
Boy #1: Taa daa (Shows a baseball)
Boy #2: Cool, ok, we can go play baseball.

or

Ok, so you're saying that the former makes more sense. good. but you were doing the latter. now the other two questions Nathan.

quotes fixed
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 06:53:36 AM by screwtape »
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »
Here’s what we can see with you Nathan

You use the no true Scotsman fallacy, you think you’re the “true Christian.”

You use Pascal’s wager, as did many Christians before you. You didn’t pay attention when we told you how the Pascal’s wager failed.

You consider anecdotes and youtube videos as proof of demon possession, but never try to understand the mind and how things can be explained, but instead you just go, “See, demon.”

After we give you answers to your posts, you just ignore our questions, make assumption about us, and you keep repeating yourself.

When I asked you some of the questions, you decided to ignore it or give completely dodge the question. Now, you decided to insult my intelligence and even just gave one weak answer to one question.

You then just threatened us with hell and proclaimed it isn’t threat and look down on us. It just tells us a lot more about you.

You’re inconsiderate, you’re condescending, and you’re a troll.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2012, 03:07:49 AM »
I refuse nothing.  Explain to me, simply and clearly, how I can have a personal experience with your god.  But I expect two things from that explanation.  Firstly, I want your guarantee that if I follow your words exactly, I will get that personal experience.

Do you really want Him in your life?  If not this is an exercise in futility. Also I am charged to assist you in this process and am making myself available to you. 

Thank you for that Nathan - but I didn't see in there your guarantee that I would have that personal experience.

I'm also confused - at one stage you say "church isn't important", but later you say "find a local church".  Which is it?

Actually, where I live, a mosque is nearer to me than a church - would that be acceptable?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #288 on: May 04, 2012, 06:46:47 AM »

I'm also confused - at one stage you say "church isn't important", but later you say "find a local church".  Which is it?

Church is a body of People that believe in Jesus.  It does not mean a big building.  I have issues with the corporate still church system in the US.  There is no way for 10,000 people to be discipled correctly. It is about a small group of people with relation to assist each other. That is church. 

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #289 on: May 04, 2012, 06:48:50 AM »

I find that extremely funny.  if you live in the upstate NY are sure I go with you for counseling.