No
19 (79.2%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
want proof
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 05, 2012, 02:04:21 PM

Author Topic: Demon Possession  (Read 20933 times)

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
Re: Demon Possession
« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »
Silly devil my soul belong to Jesus.  Be gone from me for I dod not know you.

You're a blasphemer, Odin is the true God and you shall answer to him! Muwahahahahahaahahahahaha!
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
Careful now, we are starting to point fingers and state 'death to the demons, devils, and non-believers', and you Christians are starting to fall under the category of Muslims...
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2012, 12:02:37 PM »
No, that is a threat. It's not a good comparison here, when you're warning a child not to touch the stove, you're trying to watch out for them, but what you're doing is this, "Believe or burn!" That is a threat. If i held a gun to your head and said, "Believe what i tell you or i shoot," that's a threat and that's what you're doing.

No we are trying to watch out for you.  sorry you don't get it.

I am not forcing you to do anything.  You have the choice.  You have eternal life either way,  you get to choose where you go. If you perceive believe or die as someone with a gun to your head I am sorry.  however it is that serious because it is fact not superstition

No, if you're trying to watch out for us, then the best thing to do is to prove your God exists and that your hell exists, but instead you come here and tell us to believe or burn. You are threatening us like all those other Christians here before you.

Also, how is it a choice? If i told you that you have a choice for your bedroom; you have have it anyway you like or you do it my way. If you do it your way, then i shall beat you and burn you for years on end, you will not be allowed to date, you will not be allowed to do anything as you please because you refused to do things my way. That is why it's not a choice.

No, it's supersitition because it's made up in a story and isn't proven to be real.

Also, i ask you again to answer my questions i've given you.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »

I am The One Above All, and I do not appreciate this mockery. You will answer for your sins, NATHAN.
You will kneel before My magnificence, but I will show you no mercy, for I have given you all the proof you need, and still you doubt. I have revealed Myself to you through this forum, and through My miracles. I allowed you to live all those years ago. I allowed you to return to your family. Yet you still doubt. My patience has its limits, NATHAN.
To paraphrase one of My sons:
I am the LORD your GOD, and you shall not have any gods before Me.

Accept Me into your heart; live your life as I had planned, and all will be well.

As for your soul, even if it DID belong to Jesus, who do you think Jesus belongs to? I made him. He is My son (and/or grandson, depending on how you look at it). He belongs to Me.

So you're a space pimp? Well played.

Life was popping up everywhere in the universe. I was concerned for you, so I created children in extremely large numbers.

I think Zathar was just rather a bit concerned with the fact nobody on this planet believed in him. I guess all this malarkey about Yahweh pushed him over the edge? Don't be too hard on him, I'm sure he meant well.

I won't, but I explicitly told him - this galaxy belongs to the gods of Earth, Nibiru and a few other worlds you can't pronounce. You can see why I'm a bit upset over this.

How do you know he's the devil? Wouldn't it be so like the devil to create 3 religions believing in the same God and have them fight amongst themselves? Jesus is the spawn of the devil, the bible is the devil's word not God, isn't that right Lucifer?

Well, more or less. There's no actual "Devil", just a few of My children who went "off the rails", so to speak. YHWH happens to be one of them, with the killing and the slaughtering, and the tempting people with those fossils...
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #236 on: May 03, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »

You're a blasphemer, Odin is the true God and you shall answer to him! Muwahahahahahaahahahahaha!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
« Reply #237 on: May 03, 2012, 12:09:33 PM »
Now then, just as I tried to do at times, is NATHAN seeing the absurdity in his statements now that we've made a similarly ridiculous statement referring to some religious tart?  ^^
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +73/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #238 on: May 03, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »
Nathan, in all seriousness, do you understand the brain is a very complex organ and our various senses are interpreted via the brain?  Btw, we have many more than the 5 senses most people think of, we have external senses like touch and smell, but also pressure and heat, and we have internal senses like balance and things of which we are not aware - senses that determine how to respond to internal pressure and adjust physiological conditions accordingly.  Anyway, our brain is the center through which these sensory organs "speak," for lack of better words.  At the same time, we perceive these sensory input as an objective observer, only, we're not objective and we don't just observe.  The brain is a highly complex organ that can do all kinds of fascinating things, even when it glitches (as all organs and body systems do). 

For example, did you know that the temporal lobe is responsible for our sense of self in the universe?  One side (I forget which) gives us the perception of place.  The other side gives us the perception of space, that which is not us, or, the "self."  When there is a miscommunication between the two, the effects can feel quite unusual an unexpected.  An individual can feel him or herself out of his/her body, or completely "one" with all of existence, and lots of things in between.  These experiences are real in the sense that they are physical events, biological events, however, they are explained by electric currents and neural pathways, not demons.  I suggest the experiences you've had, as real as they seem (and were), are not explained by "others" but by you - specifically, your brain is responding to stimuli that isn't there.  The response is real, the experience is real, the demons are not.

Check out how scientists can manipulate these experiences on command:

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm glad you think it's funny, but i doubt you understood the concept of it. Now, answer my questions Nathan.

Which one makes more sense to you?

Boy #1: I have a baseball.
Boy #2: Oh yeah? Prove it.
Boy #1: Taa daa (Shows a baseball)
Boy #2: Cool, ok, we can go play baseball.

or

Boy #1: Prove that it doesn't! I have a baseball and that's all I need, now you need to either accept that i have a baseball or prove that I don't have it!
Boy #2: Dafug?

Nathan, can you prove that there isn't a kappa in my room? Can you prove that there wasn't a gnome in my pocket? seriously, you're saying, "Prove there isn't a god" because you refuse to accept the fact that you made the claim that there's a god. Why can't you just prove that there is a God? Proving that something doesn't exist cannot happen because we're not the one who made the claim. Can you prove there isn't Odin or Zeus?

If I told you that you have a choice for your bedroom; you can have it any way you like or you do it my way. If you do it your way, then I shall beat you and burn you for years on end, you will not be allowed to date, you will not be allowed to do anything as you please because you refused to do things my way.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2012, 12:14:25 PM »
I am The One Above All, and I do not appreciate this mockery. You will answer for your sins, NATHAN.
Nope Jesus died on the cross so I don't have to.

You will kneel before My magnificence, but I will show you no mercy, for I have given you all the proof you need, and still you doubt. I have revealed Myself to you through this forum, and through My miracles. I allowed you to live all those years ago. I allowed you to return to your family. Yet you still doubt. My patience has its limits, NATHAN.
I bow to no God but Jesus.

To paraphrase one of My sons:
I am the LORD your GOD, and you shall not have any gods before Me.

Accept Me into your heart; live your life as I had planned, and all will be well

As for your soul, even if it DID belong to Jesus, who do you think Jesus belongs to? I made him. He is My son (and/or grandson, depending on how you look at it). He belongs to Me..

Wrong Again you have no proof as everytime I use the name Jesus you must submit to the Holy, Holy Holy God.  The I am, the Alpha and Omega.  He was before you and created you.   you prideful destroyed creature living in darkness for eternity.  When you see the Clouds to the east you know your time will end.  My future is in eternal heaven, your future is torment in the lake of fire for all of eternity. 

Jesus please come back soon. 

So you're a space pimp? Well played.

Life was popping up everywhere in the universe. I was concerned for you, so I created children in extremely large numbers.

I think Zathar was just rather a bit concerned with the fact nobody on this planet believed in him. I guess all this malarkey about Yahweh pushed him over the edge? Don't be too hard on him, I'm sure he meant well.

I won't, but I explicitly told him - this galaxy belongs to the gods of Earth, Nibiru and a few other worlds you can't pronounce. You can see why I'm a bit upset over this.

How do you know he's the devil? Wouldn't it be so like the devil to create 3 religions believing in the same God and have them fight amongst themselves? Jesus is the spawn of the devil, the bible is the devil's word not God, isn't that right Lucifer?

Well, more or less. There's no actual "Devil", just a few of My children who went "off the rails", so to speak. YHWH happens to be one of them, with the killing and the slaughtering, and the tempting people with those fossils...
[/quote]

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2012, 12:15:36 PM »
Nathan,

I need you to dial back on the sermons.  You do not need to get all "Billy Graham" to answer the questions asked of you.

Also, you've been a little sloppy with your quoting.  Please use the Preview button, right next to the Post button, before you post. 

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »
To appease your silly line of questioning becuase you think it is relevant

Probably the first set
With all the nagging you might be female.   :o

Which one makes more sense to you?

Boy #1: Taa daa (Shows a baseball)
Boy #2: Cool, ok, we can go play baseball.

or

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »
Nathan,

I need you to dial back on the sermons.  You do not need to get all "Billy Graham" to answer the questions asked of you.

Also, you've been a little sloppy with your quoting.  Please use the Preview button, right next to the Post button, before you post. 

Thank you screw tape I have been sloppy.  My apologies to the forum.

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +602/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #244 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »
It is not a threat it is fact.  If you tell a child don't touch the stove you will get burn is that a threat? You see it as a threat Why?
You can prove that a fact exists.  You cannot prove hell to exist, you can only state that it does (with only anecdotal evidence as support, which is neither convincing nor compelling).  Therefore it is not a fact.  As for why it is a threat and not a warning, it is as simple as the difference between, "don't touch the stove, you'll burn yourself", a warning, and "don't touch the stove or I'll spank you", a threat.  You are passing on the threat of being sent to hell, but it is still a threat even if it is not a threat you personally can carry out.

Quote from: NATHAN
So why is hell a threat to you if it does not exist?  There is a part of you that is not sure and you fear hell. you do not understand christianity at all. it is not about acting a certain way or doing a certain thing.
This is sophistry, and it is not even good sophistry.  Furthermore, it betrays your own fundamental misunderstanding of Christianity.

The thing is, I don't consider hell to be a personal threat.  But there are plenty of people who you and misguided believers like you have cowed with your statements about heaven and hell, which you can in no way demonstrate to anyone.  Should I simply stay quiet and let you continue to cow them because I personally am not threatened by your conception of hell?  No, I will not.

And as for your statement that Christianity is not about acting a certain way or doing a certain thing, this is belied by the fact that Christians have to accept Jesus as their lord and savior in order to be Christians - there's "doing a certain thing" - and then they have to act in a way consistent with the teachings of Jesus - there's "acting a certain way".  It seems like you need to spend less time talking about heaven and hell, and more time understanding the religion you believe in.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »
And as for your statement that Christianity is not about acting a certain way or doing a certain thing, this is belied by the fact that Christians have to accept Jesus as their lord and savior in order to be Christians - there's "doing a certain thing" - and then they have to act in a way consistent with the teachings of Jesus - there's "acting a certain way".  It seems like you need to spend less time talking about heaven and hell, and more time understanding the religion you believe in.

So I fear people in to accepting Christ because I believe through my life experience there is a hell and people will spend eternity there.  I applaud you for standing up for your beliefs and I respect them but I have seen demons, had experiences that prove Lucifer exists (still has no power) and seeks to destroy people for eternity.  There is only one way to know and that will be the day we all die.  in that day we will know if we are right or wrong.   

You do have to accept the gift of Salvation through Jesus.  Your right.  I bet if someone offered you a millions you would take it. 

I am trying to present fact and I am sorry if you take it as intimated  but there is a time coming when I guess we will all know the truth about heaven or hell. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:28:44 PM by NATHAN »

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2012, 12:31:39 PM »
Nope Jesus died on the cross so I don't have to.

...Nobody has to die on the cross. Dammit, I told YHWH the cross thing was exaggerated... Anyway, you don't have to die on the cross, but you're still going to die. All living beings must die. That is the way that I have set things. Only gods will live forever.

I bow to no God but Jesus.

I said kneel, not bow. You will kneel before My magnificence in a futile attempt to beg for my forgiveness. After all that I have done for you, NATHAN, you do not deserve it.

Wrong Again you have no proof as everytime I use the name Jesus you must submit to the Holy, Holy Holy God.

If I really did submit to the child you worship, why have I not left this forum? Because he is My child. I am The One Above All, and he knows it. All of My children know they cannot challenge Me. I am far beyond their powers. They are nothing compared to Me.

The I am, the Alpha and Omega.

Alpha and Omega? Bitch, please, I am the Blorg and the Zaneck. Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, respectively. Blorg and Zaneck are the first and last letters of the first and last alphabet in all the multiverse, respectively.
Also, "I am" is nothing. He just said that to sound cryptic and "cool".

He was before you and created you.

Wrong, Einstein. I created the multiverse. Everything you see before you today is a result of My Perfect handiwork.

you prideful destroyed creature living in darkness for eternity.

I am Light, Truth and Goodness. You cannot comprehend My power. You are beneath Me.

When you see the Clouds to the east you know your time will end.

Right now it's raining where most of My being is... Still waiting for one of My children to try to take my power.

My future is in eternal heaven, your future is torment in the lake of fire for all of eternity.

Your future is where I say it is, puny mortal. As for Me, I exist everywhere - all times, all universes, all realities. This will never change.

Jesus please come back soon. 

I told him not to, so he won't.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +80/-1
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2012, 12:36:25 PM »
So I fear people in to accepting Christ because I believe through my life experience there is a hell and people will spend eternity there.  I applaud you for standing up for your beliefs and I respect them but I have seen demons, had experiences that prove Lucifer exists (still has no power) and seeks to destroy people for eternity.  There is only one way to know and that will be the day we all die.  in that day we will know if we are right or wrong.   

You do have to accept the gift of Salvation through Jesus.  Your right.  I bet if someone offered you a millions you would take it. 

I am trying to present fact and I am sorry if you take it as intimated  but there is a time coming when I guess we will all know the truth about heaven or hell.

Oh please, Pascal's wager?  Is that all you got?  How pathetic.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »

pitiful religion that has only fear and greed to motivate its followers.  I do always love each Christian sure that their little sadistic fantasies of the "end times" will come true.  I'm figuring Nate is sure he's right and sure his god wouldnt' make Nathan have to die before getting into heaven.  Pity that generations of Christians have been waiting for the very same thing and making same little threats.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
lucifer go jump in a lake a fiery lake.   :laugh: :laugh:

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
Pathetic human. You cannot recognize The One Above All even if I was standing right in front of you. I knew I should've simply prevented life from existing.
We choose our own gods.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2012, 12:49:59 PM »
great video that proves the potential for things to occur we don't understand. 

Since demon are comprised of energy it proves that in proximity to the entities our brain can receive information. 

To make the test valid they would have to do it with believers and none believers in a blind test and correlate the evidence. 

Otherwise this proves nothing more then a magnetic force effects the mind.

here is a video proving tongues in a cat scan. 

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2012, 12:55:55 PM »

Since demon are comprised of energy it proves that in proximity to the entities our brain can receive information. 
Nate, you haven't even shown that demons exist, much less what they are made of.   

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/07/health/07brain.html

and hmmm, now speaking in tongues is from demons rather than this god of yours.  Great to see you disagreeing with the other Christians as always.

As the study actually says, it's a neurological thing.  No gods or demons needed. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2012, 01:03:45 PM »

Nate, you haven't even shown that demons exist, much less what they are made of.   

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/07/health/07brain.html

and hmmm, now speaking in tongues is from demons rather than this god of yours.  Great to see you disagreeing with the other Christians as always.

As the study actually says, it's a neurological thing.  No gods or demons needed.

See how we all play the game of belief and disbelief.  We can always find what we want to believe.   This whole exercise was to prove that those that do not want Jesus will do every skeptical thing in their imagination to debunk it.  You all have passed with flying colors. 

Good job lucifer setting this up they all fell for it. 

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
Good job lucifer setting this up they all fell for it. 

I gave all sentient beings free will. I do not control what they do.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2012, 01:09:06 PM »
Pehaps Ambassador Pony is right, that or Nathan is mentally retarded.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #256 on: May 03, 2012, 01:10:16 PM »

That would be my guess.
We choose our own gods.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #257 on: May 03, 2012, 01:18:05 PM »

now now lets leave those that can't defend themselves out this.  Stop labeling people.  Good luck folks I am singing off.  your lack of proof that god does not exist forces me to believe you are crazy.

In all seriousness thank all of you that responded.  it is always good to get different perspectives.  I will have to figure out a way to get proof for all of you.  it obviously will take time. 

Be Blessed and I pray God does show himself to all of you acceptp Lucifer you already know he exists. 

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #258 on: May 03, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
Be Blessed and I pray God does show himself to all of you acceptp Lucifer you already know he exists. 

Proof that NATHAN's brain isn't working properly.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #259 on: May 03, 2012, 01:31:57 PM »
  We can always find what we want to believe. 

Wrong. I'd like to believe that love ones didn't get sick and die, that there were tens of thousands of people suffering from malnutrition, that the US isn't going to still get itself ensnared into wars in the middle east, and people who believe in Bronze age farie tales would be in such great numbers to affect public policy.

I'd like to believe it, but it isn't true.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #260 on: May 03, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »
Agreed I wish people would not get sick but they do becuase we live in a natural world. I wish that people starving all over the world could be fed but greed does not allow that to happen.  I wish that the people being slaughtered just becuase they are of a different ethniticity was not happening but it does becuase racism reigns in someplaces.  I wish war would end but deep hatered does not letthat happen.  I wish God would appear so everyone could see Him but why should he since the last time he was her he go cruxified.

We live in a sick dying world bound on self distruction becuase of lucifer.