No
19 (79.2%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
want proof
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 05, 2012, 02:04:21 PM

Author Topic: Demon Possession  (Read 19630 times)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
Re: Demon Possession
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2012, 09:09:44 AM »

Courts deal with naturally occurring events that don't require extraordinary evidence.

Unfortunately demons require extraordinary evidence and you have failed to provide any evidence meeting that threshold.

Reallly it requires extrodinary evidence.  Wrong, it should only require the same evidence as everything else.

I will demonstrate how incredibly, ludicrously, beyond the pale of stupidity level of wrong this is:

Do you believe I exist? Yes or No.

Do you believe I am male? Yes or No.

Do you believe I live in the United States? Yes or No.

Do you believe I am the Norse God Loki? Yes or No.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2012, 09:17:09 AM »
I refuse nothing.  Explain to me, simply and clearly, how I can have a personal experience with your god.  But I expect two things from that explanation.  Firstly, I want your guarantee that if I follow your words exactly, I will get that personal experience.  And secondly, I want that explanation to be complete when you post it - I have no intention of wasting my time following instructions, only to be told later that "oh, you should have been doing this as well".

Do you really want Him in your life?  If not this is an exercise in futility. Also I am charged to assist you in this process and am making myself available to you.  If you are serious PM and I will give you my personal email. 

First of all - Admit that you are a sinner.

We all have sin in our hearts. We all were born with sin.  We were born under the power of sin's control.

Romans 3:23  "
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
."

Secondly- Understand that you deserve death for your sin.
Sin has an ending.  It results in death.  We all face physical death, which is a result of sin.  But a worse death is spiritual death that alienates us from God, and will last for all eternity.  The Bible teaches that there is a place called the Lake of Fire where lost people will be in torment forever.   It is the place where people who are spiritually dead will remain.

Romans 6:23a  "...The wages of sin is death..."

-ThirdlyAsk God to forgive you and save you.
Salvation is a free gift from God to you!  You can't earn this gift, but you must reach out and receive it.

Romans 6:23b  "...But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Forth-Give your life to God... His love poured out in Jesus on the cross is your only hope to have forgiveness and change.  His love bought you out of being a slave to sin.  His love is what saves you --  not religion, or church membership.  God loves you!  This was the hardest and most diffcult thing for me to understand. 

When Jesus died on the cross He paid sin's penalty. He paid the price for all sin, and when He took all the sins of the world on Himself on the cross, He bought us out of slavery to sin and death! The only condition is that we believe in Him and what He has done for us, understanding that  we are now joined with Him, and that He is our life.  He did all this because He loved us and gave Himself for us!

Romans 5:8,  "God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!"

Fifth out to God in the name of Jesus!

Romans 10:13  "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord  will be saved!"

Sixth you know that God is knocking on your heart's door, ask Him to come into your heart.

Romans 10:9,10  "...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting  in salvation."

- Is Jesus knocking on your heart's door?
Jesus said,

Revelation 3:20a "Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him..."

Believe in Him.

Ask Him to come in to your heart  by faith,
 and ask Him to reveal Himself to you.

Open the Bible to the Gospel of John and read what God says about Jesus,
 about you, and about being born again.

God will help you

You need to look for a local church where God's word is preached. 

Again I am charged with helpping you understand God if you are seriously and seeking Him he will respond.  My prayer right now is that all that read this begin to develop a stirring for God's work in their heart.  Lord as they read your word let truth be seen.  Father for those that read this and have hardened hearts toward you I pray that you begin to break the Bonds NOW in Jesus name.  For those continuing to refuse you lord begin to humble them to in their flesh and plant the seeds of salivation in their hearts.  .

Aren't you hungry to know the truth?

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »
I will demonstrate how incredibly, ludicrously, beyond the pale of stupidity level of wrong this is:

You must exist or else I am delusional
Your sex is depicted by your choice becuase you cn have a sex change due to science.
If you believe you live in the United state then you must or you are delusional.
That is a personal choice to follow Loki.  Althought is is not very masculent.  I would find someone tougher like Thor. 

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2012, 09:22:08 AM »
Isn't it funny that the Demons never make it into a science or medical lab for observation?

Damn pesky critters.
They also never make it into atheists.  Why is that?

They have no need to unless you think UFO abductions are Demons.  Then your wrong. 

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2012, 09:23:20 AM »
Isn't it funny that the Demons never make it into a science or medical lab for observation?

Damn pesky critters.

How do you know they are not there.  you can't prove they have not messed with lad results can you.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2012, 09:25:31 AM »
or 'maybe god is imaginary and it's all just a fairy-tale in your head, just like sata claus and the easter bunny..'

I eat the easter bunny and I love venison.  That is why they no longer exist.  Natural selection

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2012, 09:27:02 AM »

Your sex is depicted by your choice becuase you cn have a sex change due to science.
If you believe you live in the United state then you must or you are delusional.
That is a personal choice to follow Loki.  Althought is is not very masculent.  I would find someone tougher like Thor.

What part of "do YOU believe" and "Yes or No" are you incapable of understanding?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2012, 09:35:13 AM »

Damn pesky critters.

How do you know they are not there.  you can't prove they have not messed with lad results can you.

This is not the first time you've offered this kind of a response.  You seriously need to learn about the concept of "burden of proof".
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2012, 09:36:57 AM »
<snip>
You seriously need to learn
<snip>

This is pretty much all he needs to do. Not just about burden of proof, but virtually everything he wants to discuss. NATHAN has showed time and time again that his knowledge is limited to an average command of the English language.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2012, 09:42:35 AM »

What part of "do YOU believe" and "Yes or No" are you incapable of understanding?

Yes you do exist
I have not seen you so I can not determine your sex.  Bad question.
Don't know where you live
I certainly don't know what you believe as far as Loki.  The information has not been transfered.  Sorry reading minds is not my business.  you did demonstrate stupidity. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:48:26 AM by NATHAN »

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2012, 09:44:10 AM »

Do you really want Him in your life?  If not this is an exercise in futility. Also I am charged to assist you in this process and am making myself available to you.  If you are serious PM and I will give you my personal email. 

First of all - Admit that you are a sinner.

(FACEPALM)

Nathan, most folks here, including me, used to believe in God, some even more strongly than another and yet we’re atheists. It’s not that we don’t want to believe or accept, it’s just that there isn’t any evidence. As for “admitting that you’re a sinner” is idiotic to me. We’re not “sinners” we’re all human beings. This whole sin stuff is just about the same as a person who suffers a Stockholm syndrome and believed that they are worthless and deserves the beating.

We all have sin in our hearts. We all were born with sin.  We were born under the power of sin's control.

Romans 3:23  "
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
."

Secondly- Understand that you deserve death for your sin.
Sin has an ending.  It results in death.  We all face physical death, which is a result of sin.  But a worse death is spiritual death that alienates us from God, and will last for all eternity.  The Bible teaches that there is a place called the Lake of Fire where lost people will be in torment forever.   It is the place where people who are spiritually dead will remain.

Romans 6:23a  "...The wages of sin is death..."

Translation: You’re wicked and sinful, you die, you deserve to die because you is born sinful.

This is no different than an abusive person saying, “Now look what you made me do, I’m going to beat you senseless because you’re worthless, you’re a worthless piece of ****!” I’m sorry, but I’m not going to stand by idly and have someone tell me that I should look at myself as “worthless” because of some sin that is from some religious text. We’re all human beings, everything we do is a part of who we are and your bible condemns it. It condemns us for being human. That is why I refuse to be beaten to submission with this garbage.

blah, blah, blah, believe in God, believe in the bible because the bible says it’s true. You’re evil, you’re wicked, you’re sinful because the bible says so, so believe and admit you’re not worthy!

Your bible is useless and threatening us with hellfire and telling us that we’re wicked and sinful is really getting old and is utterly useless. You weren’t the first to use that.

blah, blah, blah

You need to look for a local church where God's word is preached. 

Again I am charged with helpping you understand God if you are seriously and seeking Him he will respond.  My prayer right now is that all that read this begin to develop a stirring for God's work in their heart.  Lord as they read your word let truth be seen.  Father for those that read this and have hardened hearts toward you I pray that you begin to break the Bonds NOW in Jesus name.  For those continuing to refuse you lord begin to humble them to in their flesh and plant the seeds of salivation in their hearts.  .

Using bible verses isn’t going to work because the bible is not proven to be factual. You’re just expecting us to believe without evidence and you’re coming here and telling us to just accept the bible without evidence.

Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »

Yes you do exist
I have not seen you so I can not determine your sex.  Bad question.
Don't know where you live
I certainly don't know what you believe as far as Loki.  The information has not been transfered.  Sorry reading minds is not my business

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »

This is not the first time you've offered this kind of a response.  You seriously need to learn about the concept of "burden of proof".
[/quote]

here is the problem you believe that it is my burden of proof.  Truth is it is your.  I know what I believe, and what 6 others have seen and now beleive.  My burden of proof is fulfilled.  Yours is not.  Why is it the non believer continually say we need to provide proof?  We have proof you just don't like it.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2012, 09:50:42 AM »
here is the problem you believe that it is my burden of proof.  Truth is it is your.  I know what I believe, and what 6 others have seen and now beleive.  My burden of proof is fulfilled.  Yours is not.  Why is it the non believer continually say we need to provide proof?  We have proof you just don't like it.

(FACEPALM)

Nathan, again, can you prove that i don't haver a kappa in my room or that a gnome is in my pocket? The burden is on you because YOU made the claim that something exists.

Which one makes more sense to you?

Boy #1: I have a baseball.
Boy #2: Oh yeah? Prove it.
Boy #1: Taa daa (Shows a baseball)
Boy #2: Cool, ok, we can go play baseball.

or

Boy #1: Prove that it doesn't! I have a baseball and that's all i need, now you need to either accept that i have a baseball or prove that i don't have it!
Boy #2: Dafug?

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2012, 10:07:06 AM »

I certainly don't know what you believe as far as Loki.  The information has not been transfered.  Sorry reading minds is not my business.  you did demonstrate stupidity.

Please read. He's asking if you BELIEVE he IS Loki. Not about him following or believing in Loki.... that he IS Loki.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2012, 10:14:30 AM »

Sixth you know that God is knocking on your heart's door, ask Him to come into your heart.

Romans 10:9,10  "...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting  in salvation."

You see, I don't.  In my heart, I really don't believe it any more than I believe any other myths about any other deities.  Not in my mind.  Not in my heart. 

If your god dismisses all of my good acts, simply because he has not given me either the evidence or the emotional capacity to believe in him, then I guess he has already decided that I am to be damned.  I don't know why he "charged" you to make me believe something the he hardwired me not to believe. 

It doesn't seem the most productive use of your time. 

Have you thought of volunteering at a soup kitchen?  Doing friendly visits with homebound senior citizens?  Building a playground in a low income neighborhood?  Taking a group of foster kids to the zoo? Going to the mid-west to help rebuild the communities that were just devastated by tornadoes?  Starting a collection to send supplies to refugees who lost everything in the droughts in Somalia? 

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2012, 10:16:37 AM »

How do you determine what is truth? Follow the facts.

You ask a girl out asnd she tells you that she's busy doing something. Everytime you ask her. The reality is, she'd rather die before she goes out with you. If it was just and her, instead of being an 'Adam and Eve', humanity would go extinct.

So which would you rather have, believing for the rest of your life she really likes you, but just cannot go out with you for some reason or would you rather know the hard, cold, cruel truth? Because the truth cares not for your feelings. A simple, "I'm sorry, I'm not interested." Short & tactful, says everything needed without being outright hurtful. Now, she can move on with her life and you can move on with yours.. guess what? There's over 3 Billion women on this planet, so just because 1 said no, is meaningless.

Point is, the "truth" isn't always going to be what you expect it to be... rather, it is hardly what you expected it to be.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:18:19 AM by TruthSeeker »

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2012, 10:17:25 AM »

Please read. He's asking if you BELIEVE he IS Loki. Not about him following or believing in Loki.... that he IS Loki.

You are correct, these petty mortals need to heed my words better

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2012, 10:19:30 AM »

or

Boy #1: Prove that it doesn't! I have a baseball and that's all i need, now you need to either accept that i have a baseball or prove that i don't have it!

Boy #1 I have a Eyes
Boy #2 Oh Yeah? Prove it
Boy #1 I see darkness
Boy #2 I don't see darkness
Boy #1 There is no light
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 darkness is absence of light.
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 You have darkness in your life
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 You are knee deep in pornagraphy
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 You care more for yourself then you wife and kids.
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 YOu have rejected Jesus
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 Accept Jesus
Boy #2 No I see the sun
Boy #1 You will die and give and account of your life to God
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 Lord help him See the Son
Boy #2 dies and from hell he says " I see the Son but it is to late.

This is your conversation with God. You are the boy that sees this world and refused to see beyond it.   What a brood of Vipers and decieved people. 

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2012, 10:20:43 AM »

said in a 5 yr old voice.
My God is bigger then your God.   

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »

or

Boy #1 I have a Eyes
Boy #2 Oh Yeah? Prove it
Boy #1 I see darkness
Boy #2 I don't see darkness
Boy #1 There is no light
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 darkness is absence of light.
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 You have darkness in your life
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 You are knee deep in pornagraphy
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 You care more for yourself then you wife and kids.
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 YOu have rejected Jesus
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 Accept Jesus
Boy #2 No I see the sun
Boy #1 You will die and give and account of your life to God
Boy #2 I see the sun
Boy #1 Lord help him See the Son
Boy #2 dies and from hell he says " I see the Son but it is to late.

This is your conversation with God. You are the boy that sees this world and refused to see beyond it.   What a brood of Vipers and decieved people.

Nathan, you have just ignored my question and decided to do this. You just proved that you're incapable of paying attention to what is being asked of you. Please try again and answer my questions, including my bit about proving that i do not have a kappa in my room or that there wasn't a gnome in my pocket. Your post is nothing but plain ignorance.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2012, 10:24:35 AM »

Oooh. Might makes right! I thought he was "All-Powerful"? Size wouldn't matter if he was!

Psst. It's 'than.'

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2012, 10:25:37 AM »

No god is "bigger" than Me, in virtually every way. They all came to be through My power, and My power alone. Your god is nothing more than one of the thousands of my children, all fighting amongst each other for My approval. They are nothing compared to Me. I am The One Above All.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »

If your God is so big why did He only have one kid?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2012, 10:29:17 AM »

Because the truth cares not for your feelings.
Fully Agree

A simple, "I'm sorry, I'm not interested." Short & tactful, says everything needed without being outright hurtful. Now, she can move on with her life and you can move on with yours.. guess what? There's over 3 Billion women on this planet, so just because 1 said no, is meaningless.
Agreed

Point is, the "truth" isn't always going to be what you expect it to be... rather, it is hardly what you expected it to be.
[/quote] 

Truth is proof of what we choose to believe and how we precieve things to be.  That is how we continuallly fail to see God for who he truly is.  We Make choices through experiences to either believe of not to believe in God.  Sometimes and unfortunaely more times then Not   the church has failed to represent God.  Thus the reason many of you are none believers.   For that I apologize to all of you that have ever been hurt by the church and ask for your forgiveness.   

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2012, 10:31:37 AM »
No god is "bigger" than Me, in virtually every way. They all came to be through My power, and My power alone. Your god is nothing more than one of the thousands of my children, all fighting amongst each other for My approval. They are nothing compared to Me. I am The One Above All.

you ar nothing but a cased down theft and fired angel of light.  you sit in the unemployment line of heaven waiting for someone to sin so you can torment them.  You are lower then a snakes belly and I command you to leave this webpage is Jesus Name.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2012, 10:34:35 AM »
LOL
NATHAN, you think you can command The One Above All by using the name of one of His children? I sit above every god you have ever heard of, and some no mortal on this planet has heard of. When you die, you will not answer to them; you will answer to Me, so I suggest you take caution in what you say.

By the way, there's an entire planet underneath a snake's belly. That's still a lot bigger than anything you'll ever be.

If you think I am not The One Above All, then I challenge you to prove it.
We choose our own gods.

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2012, 10:35:06 AM »
Nathan, you have just ignored my question and decided to do this. You just proved that you're incapable of paying attention to what is being asked of you. Please try again and answer my questions, including my bit about proving that i do not have a kappa in my room or that there wasn't a gnome in my pocket. Your post is nothing but plain ignorance

I can not answer a question without knowledge.  Knowledge comes through experience and study. Your question is irrelevant becuase there is not answer nor have I had an experience that would conclude either way.  That is call science. 

You have failed.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2012, 10:35:12 AM »
Truth is proof of what we choose to believe and how we precieve things to be.  That is how we continuallly fail to see God for who he truly is.  We Make choices through experiences to either believe of not to believe in God.  Sometimes and unfortunaely more times then Not   the church has failed to represent God.  Thus the reason many of you are none believers.   For that I apologize to all of you that have ever been hurt by the church and ask for your forgiveness.   

No, the truth is not proof of anything. if there isn't something that backs up its claim, then it's false. How did we fail to believe in YOUR God? If anything, there was no evidence to prove that YOUR God exists, much less any other Gods. It's not the matter of what we believe that it exists or not, if there is no evidence to prove it, then there is no reason to believe it. Just as i showed you with my example with the boy with the baseball, which you ignored very much.

I was never hurt by the church, i just don't follow something that isn't proven to be factual.

you ar nothing but a cased down theft and fired angel of light.  you sit in the unemployment line of heaven waiting for someone to sin so you can torment them.  You are lower then a snakes belly and I command you to leave this webpage is Jesus Name.

??? I hope you're joking. If you're serious, then i feel sorry for the teachers at school, they clearly failed you.