No
19 (79.2%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
want proof
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 05, 2012, 02:04:21 PM

Author Topic: Demon Possession  (Read 19366 times)

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
Re: Demon Possession
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 11:36:33 AM »
I do believe in demons and demon possession...As myself and my whole family experienced it first hand for almost 7 months..It is not something to be messed around with..Things can get bad and very dangerous quickly if not handled properly..Demons have abilities beyond what most think unless experienced themselves..They can possess..growl...speak...move things...throw things...and even physically harm you.. Try walking out of your kitchen and having knifes come flying at you from all directions but u cant see where they are originating from and your the only one there at the present moment...

Well vipersgirl, how about showing us some evidence for it? I would ask for a picture of the knife wounds, but they could be just from other incidents that wasn’t caused by some ‘supernatural’ things. I don’t believe in evil spirits because I personally looked into the stories, viewed videos, and heard testimonies of people who proclaimed they witnessed the demonic spirits or possessions.

The problem is is that the brain is imperfect and if you see something you’re unsure of, your mind tries to make sense of it. The thing is, your mind is highly unreliable in seeing what is factual. Also, there are mental illnesses that can be like schizophrenic. Some people would sometimes be under the influence of drugs that causes hallucination, including alcohol.

or having someone be taken over (possessed) by a demon right next to you Black eyes and growling telling you it can kill you and everyone in your house if it wanted to..At that moment there is only 1 answer and that IS GOD there is no one or nothing else who can defeat a demon literally rid you of that demon.

Well which God would that be? There are thousands of gods. There are different religions that believed in some form of demonic possessions and believed that they can repel evil spirits. Some Shinto priests believes they have the power to repel evil entities, some hindu priests believes they have the power. Your religion isn’t the only one who thinks they can have ‘demonic possessions’ or ‘evil entity haunting a place.’

If there had been no one who believes in ‘demonic possessions’ but knowledge of medical studies, we would be, ‘oh this person is suffering schizophrenia. Let’s take care of this fellow.’ As a previous poster had said, it’s not good to make a schizophrenic person believe they’re possessed by demons.’

Thousands of years ago, people have no idea what was going on when their friend, family member, or their neighbor was acting weird and try to make sense of it.

I have lived this 1st hand. There are hundreds upon hundreds of people who have gone through this or are going through it some tell some don't..why because narrow minded people judge them and criticize them so they keep quiet. I myself refuse to keep quiet..There are so many people who need to know that they are NOT alone..They are never alone because they have God with them 100% at all times..but that they are not alone in dealing with a demon or a demon possessed person.

So you would rather we just accept that some evil entities exist without proof? Why has scientists never found a single evil entity? This is because the whole ‘demonic possession’ is just the state of mind. As I said, I’ve seen videos of the ‘possessed victims’ and saw nothing more than convulsion and anger. The people who were ‘possessed’ were believers and have suffered some illness. They were told many things that may make them ‘possessed’ through basic human nature like emotional feelings or mental stress, and more. It’s not that we want to ignore or make people who suffered be kept silent, we want to make sense of it all by evidence. Often times when there was an exorcism, a victim dies because of the exorcist’s cruel methods, not because of some evil entity. These people were suffering illnesses and they were simply thought to be possessed basically by their own religious belief. If you didn’t believe in ‘demonic possessions’ you would think it’s something entirely different.

There are a lot of us out there. As far as evidence goes..these things are coy and sneaky it is not easy to capture "evidence" for instance during this time we were dealing with the demon in our home it possessed a friend of ours her eyes turned completely black and her voice was male not female we recorded it on our digital camera when played back the video was pure black and her voice was normal..Demons have the ability to mess with things..electronics...lights...even just your everyday normal household things.. Keep an open mind and always remember God WILL  always see you through..If you are someone who has dealt with this first hand do NOT under any circumstance let anyone defer you and try to convince you that you are crazy God and we know that you are not!

It’s not that I think you’re crazy, it’s that you’re confusing yourself with what is real and what isn’t. I never once seen anyone in person act demonic in person, I never felt any evil entity take control of me.

I will say this which is true and it scared me. When I was little, I was on the top bunk, somehow my mouth moved on its own and sound was coming out of my mouth. It scared me, but I’m still not sure what it is. But people like you would tell me I’m being possessed. Had you done so, I would have believed it and my mind would absorb the thought and I would have made myself paranoid and unable to differentiate between reality and fiction.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »
my god, the aliens have vuvuzelas! 

Nate, unknown doesn't mean aliens or your primitive god. the first sounds are nothing special. wind can produce them.  the second bunch, highway noice or ships; since there is no location given, they could be anything and not some idiot's paranoid fantasy.  This is classic conspiracy nonsense, vague claims galore. I'm sure idiots who didn't know about sonic booms would have freak on the farm I grew up on in the early 70s since jet fighters did dog fights and practiced supersonic flight overhead constantly.  The cows hated it. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »
my god, the aliens have vuvuzelas! 

Nate, unknown doesn't mean aliens or your primitive god. the first sounds are nothing special. wind can produce them.  the second bunch, highway noice or ships; since there is no location given, they could be anything and not some idiot's paranoid fantasy.  This is classic conspiracy nonsense, vague claims galore. I'm sure idiots who didn't know about sonic booms would have freak on the farm I grew up on in the early 70s since jet fighters did dog fights and practiced supersonic flight overhead constantly.  The cows hated it.
I agree. When you hear a sound you're not familar with, it doesn't mean anything. There's always an explanation for sounds we never heard of before.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Argyle

• Freshman
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Faith is credulity in a papal hat
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »
Debunked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XDFNM86I2-U#!

And the funniest part is that the original sound from one of the two original videos was lifted from the trailer from the movie "Red State" which is about a bunch of crazy fundamentalist Christians.

The one at the baseball game was caused by lightning striking the PA system, and this was verified by people on location at the baseball game, this is why the crowd cheers when the sound stops, because it was COMING FROM THE PA SYSTEM. >_<

The Kiev video needs a laugh track :P and all the rest of the hoax videos copy it.

The irony is so thick you can cut it with a knife and serve it up with a side of "check your facts!".

This took me 5 seconds to find. Did you even look?

If it was heard around the world why didn't ANYONE ON THIS FORUM HEAR IT?

edit: fixed the red state video link
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:01:51 PM by Argyle »
Cheers!
-Argyle

Never let yourself be diverted by what you wish to believe, but look only and surely at what are the facts

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »
vipersgirl,

first of all, I don't believe a word you said.  But let's for a moment assume you are correct.  You have described a situation where this demon has acted aggessively beligerent and in ways that could harm or kill you and your family. 

If satan's goal is to tempt people away from god, how does that help satan?  Let's look at what you say happened:

At that moment there is only 1 answer and that IS GOD there is no one or nothing else who can defeat a demon literally rid you of that demon.

So this demonic experience did what, now?  It pushed you right into the arms of jesus H christ.  So who benefitted?  god, not satan.  If the devil is that stupid/ incompetent why is anyone worried? 

these things are coy and sneaky...

really?  because you just described it as the opposite of sneaky.  You described a bumbling idiot. 

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2012, 12:03:27 PM »
Also, at least one of those incidents was shown to have an industrial explanation, and another is an admitted hoax. http://news.discovery.com/human/mysterious-sounds-reported-around-the-world-120208.html
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »
I do believe in demons and demon possession...As myself and my whole family experienced it first hand for almost 7 months..It is not something to be messed around with..Things can get bad and very dangerous quickly if not handled properly..Demons have abilities beyond what most think unless experienced themselves..They can possess..growl...speak...move things...throw things...and even physically harm you.. Try walking out of your kitchen and having knifes come flying at you from all directions but u cant see where they are originating from and your the only one there at the present moment...or having someone be taken over (possessed) by a demon right next to you Black eyes and growling telling you it can kill you and everyone in your house if it wanted to..At that moment there is only 1 answer and that IS GOD there is no one or nothing else who can defeat a demon literally rid you of that demon. I have lived this 1st hand. There are hundreds upon hundreds of people who have gone through this or are going through it some tell some don't..why because narrow minded people judge them and criticize them so they keep quiet. I myself refuse to keep quiet..There are so many people who need to know that they are NOT alone..They are never alone because they have God with them 100% at all times..but that they are not alone in dealing with a demon or a demon possessed person. There are a lot of us out there. As far as evidence goes..these things are coy and sneaky it is not easy to capture "evidence" for instance during this time we were dealing with the demon in our home it possessed a friend of ours her eyes turned completely black and her voice was male not female we recorded it on our digital camera when played back the video was pure black and her voice was normal..Demons have the ability to mess with things..electronics...lights...even just your everyday normal household things.. Keep an open mind and always remember God WILL  always see you through..If you are someone who has dealt with this first hand do NOT under any circumstance let anyone defer you and try to convince you that you are crazy God and we know that you are not!
Man, this must be national NUT week.  All these poor people getting possessed by demons and needing their God to save them.  Why can't any of us (atheists) find a good demon to help us spread our vile message?  Nuts I tell you...all of them.

Hey, Vipergirl49...sounds like you and Nathan would hit it off...are you both signed up on that singles Christian dating form?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:25:15 PM by Nick »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline NATHAN

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-28
  • WWGHA Member
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2012, 01:17:35 PM »
The reason I showed you this is to prove how limited your thought process is. 

The sounds are real and are being heard all over the world.  You can sit and make as much fun as you want.  The best part of this whole webpage is you want proof not for proof sake but to tear it apart.

ABC news coverage of the sounds.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2011/10/viewers-guess-what-causes-the-mysterious-hum/

You are all delusional and refuse to respond logically to proof being placed in front of you. 

BTW Viper girl was there.  I asked her to post infact she is the one that call us.  But again your mission is to destroy not to take eye witness accounts of situation as proven by the videos and picture because there is no way you could be wrong.  Your arrogance and lack of understand is truly disheartening. 

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »

The sounds are real and are being heard all over the world.  You can sit and make as much fun as you want.  The best part of this whole webpage is you want proof not for proof sake but to tear it apart.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2011/10/viewers-guess-what-causes-the-mysterious-hum/

You are all delusional and refuse to respond logically to proof being placed in front of you. 

BTW Viper girl was there.  I asked her to post infact she is the one that call us.  But again your mission is to destroy not to take eye witness accounts of situation as proven by the videos and picture because there is no way you could be wrong.  Your arrogance and lack of understand is truly disheartening.

Wow Nathan, i feel sorry for you. Testimonies and videos are very poor evidence for proof. Can you trust a eye witness for anything they think they see? As for videos, there are very good doctored up videos that can easily fool the eyes. We're not delusional. We're rational and more logical than you think. We've basically brought you the reasons behind the sounds and about the mind and how flawed it is.

Arogance? It's disheartneing to see that you refuse to look at from other prospective and prefer that your beliefs are accurate no matter what anyone says. I don't think you came here for opinions, i think you came here to tell us this; demon possession is real and you'rer all arrogant unbelievers, so you're a meanie! That is what you sound like.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2012, 01:28:43 PM »
Also, we're trying to offer reasons and facts to the claims you presented to us. I'm sorry you feel like we're just tearing you to shreds here, but videos and andecotes aren't good evidence.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »

Wow, shown it's a fraud and you still keep lying.  If you hae real evidence, then it can't be torn apart.  You have failed to provide that for your sounds and your god.  It's the same old theistic whine that atheists "really" don't want evidence.  Unfortunately, they only whine that after their claims are shown to be wrong. 

No dear, this is a blog with people guessing, not news coverage.   Sigh, do you even read the links you post here in your desperation? 

Nope, but I am having fun watching you self-destruct. 
Wow, then we have two people who have no evidence for the same nonsense.  Yay!  People claiming to have seen things and to have had things happen with no evidence have no reason to be trusted.  I could say that I saw a house sized carnivorous purple and green furred fruit attacking my hometown but until we have some objective evidence, it's as silly as your and Vipergirl's claims.   
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »

Hey Nate, buddy... When you have proof of demonic possession and/or demons in general, we will listen. Neither you not vipergirl gave proof. You only gave what you saw and heard and attribute it to demons. You're little test on us failed miserably because as other people here have pointed out there is a reason for whatever sounds were being made.

Tim, KB, Screwtape and Velkyn all tore your and VP's argument apart. If that doesn't sit pretty with you then too bad. Keep living your life believing demons are real. Vipergirl's story seems like complete bullshit. As does yours.

Do you have anything substantial to add to your claim that demons are real? You know, like proof and such?

EDIT: And Nate, remember when you asked someone to see how I slept after challenging both god and satan to come to my home and possess it. Well, I spoke with my sister and she slept fine also. No possession yet. Perhaps she and I will try to get our home possessed tonight to encounter the same thing you and vipergirl both claim.

-M
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:39:08 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »
The phenomenon to which he refers is The Hum.  I heard about it on TV a few years ago.  I can't see how someone can mix God or Satan into it.

The Wikipedia summarizes it here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »

How about you address people's fucking points before you start accusing people of being close minded and arrogant? I've given a perfectly good reason as to why we need evidence and why your eye witness accounts are an unreliable source of information. Yet they've been ignored. Others have made similar points and have also been ignore.

So you'd rather go "lalalalala I'm not listening" when somebody offers you something you don't want to hear and continue to expect us to answer YOUR claims and accuse us of being arrogant and deluded.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2012, 02:37:25 PM »
But again your mission is to destroy not to take eye witness accounts of situation as proven by the videos and picture because there is no way you could be wrong.

Nathan, we do not regard eyewitness testimony with a skeptical eye simply because it suits our agenda to do so.  We are skeptical about it because we know just how mind-bogglingly unreliable it is.

Here's one small demonstration out of many that one could show.  It's a simple little card trick in which the backs of the deck of cards start off blue and are magically turned red.  Watch the video and see whether you can spot the trick.  To date, I know of no one who has caught it (including me).

[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »
Nathan-

May I ask you your personal opinion on the Salem witches?   Were there demons possessing these little girls, thus justifying the execution of so many citizens who were harnessing the demons?   Or were these girls suffering from some sort of group psychosis? 

What is your interpretation of the events? 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »
Nathan, are you and those with you like "ghost Busters"?  Do you have those machines that suck up the demons?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »

yeah, that's it.  We're the delusional ones.

But again your mission is to destroy

No.  My mission is to understand and find the best explanation.  "demons did it" as an explanation has not been taken seriously at least four centuries.  Why are you trying to live in the ancient past? 

Let's try this - when your car makes a hiddeous squeal, lurches, produces copious smoke and stops working, do you suspect demonic possession? 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »
Watch the video and see whether you can spot the trick.  To date, I know of no one who has caught it (including me).

I didn't (not surprising), but I was sure my wife would.

She didn't..great trick.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »

Let's try this - when your car makes a hiddeous squeal, lurches, produces copious smoke and stops working, do you suspect demonic possession?

Of course! Didn't you see this movie? Loved it--saw it at the theater when it came out. Talk about low budget horror. The lights flick on when it sees someone it wants to kill. The best part is after the car kills someone, it jiggles around like it's laughing. At the end you find out it was the devil. What a letdown. The most powerful evil force ever and it infects one car and menaces one little town?

Like these people who think the devil is haunting their house and possessing their family members. Uhhhh, we are talking Satan here. The most evil of all evil, the most powerful demonic being ever, the one challenge to the one true god. And he throws kitchen knives. Sigh.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:27 PM »
And He must not throw them very well. ;)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2012, 03:40:39 PM »
Exactly. Not only is Satan is reduced from wrestling with Almighty God himself to throwing kitchen knives at random American families. He misses! The family lives to tell the tale on the internet.

Maybe Satan needs glasses.

Or a bigger knife.
http://uploads.notempire.com/images/uploads/Untitled-107.jpg
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2012, 03:57:08 PM »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »
^^^^By the way: v00d00sixx was a member of the forum known as crocoduck. What happened to him?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:01:39 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2012, 05:36:59 PM »
Seemed to went off the forum radar soon after he started his YouTube channel, guessing he's putting his time and effort into that.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2012, 09:03:39 AM »
I am asking opinion and belief of individual (thank you for the correction).  You are asking for proof.  You quesitons are not valid for this forum.  I personally believe in demons, I have seen them, I have experience interactions with them and wonder if any one else has. 

Asking for proof is not valid on a forum devoted to skepticism. Why thank you for coming out of credulousity land and deigning to inform us that we are doing the incorrect thing on our own forum.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Argyle

• Freshman
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Faith is credulity in a papal hat
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2012, 11:38:38 AM »
 :blank:
Your personal experience may be convincing to you, but it can never be sufficient evidence of a supernatural event to be convincing to others, especially those who employ even a modicum of skepticism.
Cheers!
-Argyle

Never let yourself be diverted by what you wish to believe, but look only and surely at what are the facts

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »
:blank:
Your personal experience may be convincing to you, but it can never be sufficient evidence of a supernatural event to be convincing to others, especially those who employ even a modicum of skepticism.

I concur. Now it seems to me that Nathan ran away from his thread. hmmm...

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »
Isn't it appanent to everyone.  The demons got to him.  They did not want to be exposed like that.  I bet he is barfing up green sh*t this very moment.