Author Topic: feel the Christian love - praying for breast cancer  (Read 809 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
feel the Christian love - praying for breast cancer
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
wasn't quite sure where to put this but religion and society seems best.  Though I vote for a new heading called "feel the Christian love".

and I'm sure our good Traveler will be incensed. Sorry about that. 

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/2012/04/mrff-press-release-womens-prayer-group-give-them-breast-cancer-in-jesus-name/

WOMEN’S PRAYER GROUP: “GIVE THEM BREAST CANCER, IN JESUS’ NAME!”

Albuquerque, NM, April 24, 2012 – The latest salvo in the War on Women has been sadly and ironically perpetrated by an anonymous “womens prayer circle” sending a deplorable piece of hate mail to Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) President and Founder, Michael L. “Mikey” Weinstein.

The following is the shocking crux of this hate message.  Please note that spelling and grammar mistakes are presented as originally received:

“But [we pray] not against you Mickey. We know by your internet site and your book who it is to be. Now for our prayer, we pray that the women who work in your MFRR and the women in your family will befall fast moving breast cancer which can not everbe cured.”
  read full email here: http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/2012/04/we-pray-christ-jesus-to-stop-you/ 

you know, I despertately hope this is a poe but I don't think it is.  Oh nasty Christians, I demand that you pray just the same for me too as a woman who is quite happy to support Mikey and the MRFF!  and I can happily watch you fail. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
Re: feel the Christian love - praying for breast cancer
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 03:03:44 PM »
I'm speechless. With rage. >:( I would not wish cancer on ANYONE.  :o
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »
Fucking sociopathic retards. >_>
I'm with you, velkyn. I also want them to pray for me to get breast cancer. I know I'm not a woman, but fuck it.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 03:11:44 PM »
guys can get breast cancer too.  not common at all but it still happens and golly with God on their side it should be no problem.   :P 

imprecatory prayers are always amusing for their pettiness and stupidity.  I wonder if any of our current theist guests will have anything to say about this.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
It's true. Men have breast tissue, just not as much as women have. My physical therapist's dad just completed treatment for breast cancer. It's sometimes tougher on men because of the stigma of having a "women's disease." They're often left out of the conversation, and support groups are often advertised as women's groups.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:59 PM »
If the people that they are praying to get breast cancer actually get breast cancer, could they be prosecuted for being accessories to a crime?  It was their prayers for those people's death that god would be answering.  I'm thinking something similar to hiring a hit man.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »
I know men can get breast cancer. It's "just" cancer, after all. Unless you're missing a body part, you could get cancer anywhere.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 03:27:01 PM »
It is this kind of thing that makes me "hate" Christians more and more each day.  Remember the group praying for Obama to be killed and ripped from his family.  And then there is the group in Kansas.   The killing of the abortion doctor in his church.  Hypocrites all of them. >:(
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +889/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »
No wonder they don't want universal health care, it might disrupt their evil, small-minded hateful prayers that people they don't like should get cancer. The same kind of people vote against programs that help the elderly, the handicapped, homeless people and poor children-- and say they are followers of Jesus. &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »
I wonder if any of our current theist guests will have anything to say about this.

Why, yes actually. Seems foolish to me to give these crackpots the satisfcation of even acknowledging them. Why are you?
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »
I wonder if any of our current theist guests will have anything to say about this.

Why, yes actually. Seems foolish to me to give these crackpots the satisfcation of even acknowledging them. Why are you?

Go to this thread here, watch the video, and you will see why we are acknowledging them at all.

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,22374.0.html

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »
different kettle of fish, DOL. The crackpots Velkyn linked to aren't proposing changes to education or anything, they're just bat-shit crazies who cannot possibily cause any harm if they get no publicity.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »
The crackpots Velkyn linked to aren't proposing changes to education or anything, they're just bat-shit crazies who cannot possibily cause any harm if they get no publicity.

Not in this instance, but they will, eventually.
We choose our own gods.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
The crackpots Velkyn linked to aren't proposing changes to education or anything, they're just bat-shit crazies who cannot possibily cause any harm if they get no publicity.

Not in this instance, but they will, eventually.

that's assuming they even exist and this wasn't a stupid hoax. I see there are no names published, or email addresses. Even the supposes response email is from "Pastor Joan" - what's with that?

But, whatever. Suffice it say I don't pray for bad things to happen to anyone and I don't know any Christian who does.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 05:55:21 PM »
different kettle of fish, DOL. The crackpots Velkyn linked to aren't proposing changes to education or anything, they're just bat-shit crazies who cannot possibily cause any harm if they get no publicity.

Just like the video, it has gone completely over your head. They are both one in the same. These people who are praying for breast cancer are the same ones who wish to dumb us down enough to establish a theocracy so people like them (ones praying for breast cancer) are now the dictators over everybody whether others believe or not.

In addition, to not give them any attention, is to in a way, give them free-reign to do whatever. They won't be an immediate threat, but give them enough free-reign and time, you'll be seeing the USA become the Middle-East incarnate (except Libya where earlier today they banned any form of religion being allowed to become a political party). What's the difference between the USA and Middle-East? USA would have nuclear weapons to shoot at whoever whenever. You may be a theist yourself, but do you want to be at the mercy of a theocratic USA with nukes around 30 years from now? If you think USA is a war-monger as-is (and we are), you've seen nothing yet. We were actually very close to coming to that until Santorum dropped out. We now need to concentrate on Romney.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »
I would laugh at this group if it weren't for the multitude of theists that have no compunction to helping their god along with their judgmental condemnation. Without helping their god along with his smiting, they are accentuating god's impotence. Which I find very amusing! 
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 08:08:17 PM »
I get it now.  They are not the "true" Christians. :o
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 09:16:40 PM »
^Isn't that just the default answer whenever two or more Christians disagree?

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 09:24:05 PM »
^Isn't that just the default answer whenever two or more Christians disagree?

No. We tend to turn to the bible. And if that doesn't work we battle it out with tridents.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »
^I guess it was just my experience in the churches I grew up in then.  I heard it from ministers and grandmothers sitting in the pews.  Catholics aren't true Christians.  Methodists aren't true Christians.  Baptists aren't true Christians.  Southern Baptists aren't true Christians. And I must have missed out on the trident battles.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 09:47:47 PM »
I guess there are enough people in this world for many varied expereinces and up-bringings.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »
I guess there are enough people in this world for many varied expereinces and up-bringings.

Yet as it was spoken of, the Bible is inerrant, so this reality does not compute to the Bible. This means pretty much either nobody is a "True" Christian, or the Bible is just another book be it like Mein Kampf or like Rumpelstiltskin.

Most Christians tend to accept the former, while the atheists/non-believers accept the latter. For the Christians who accept the latter, I really do not understand them because other than the cherry picking, there is nothing outside of the just another Bible that speaks of Christianity or the Christian God.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »

Yet as it was spoken of, the Bible is inerrant, so this reality does not compute to the Bible. This means pretty much either nobody is a "True" Christian, or the Bible is just another book be it like Mein Kampf or like Rumpelstiltskin.

The bible's inerrancy doesn't preclude human errancy, and this is just as true for Christians as anyone else.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Bad Pear

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Observations from one bad fruit to the bunch.
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »
The bible's inerrancy doesn't preclude human errancy, and this is just as true for Christians as anyone else.

Bold mine.

I take that to mean other human's errancy since I suppose that you think you are, in fact, a True Christiantm.
Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions implode, atheism is what is left behind

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:24 PM »
I thought my point was pretty clear, BP. Humans can be wrong, no matter what we call ourselves. Someone calling themselves a Christian can be wrong as well as someone calling themselves an atheist. The definition of Christian and atheist is irrelevent to my point.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Bad Pear

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
  • Observations from one bad fruit to the bunch.
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 04:03:16 AM »
I get your point. I really do. Having said that, can they be wrong with regard to whether or not they are, in fact, a Christian?  ;)
Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions implode, atheism is what is left behind

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 04:23:08 AM »
I get your point. I really do. Having said that, can they be wrong with regard to whether or not they are, in fact, a Christian?  ;)

Sorry, BP. I just sought legal advice on whether I should continue in this thread, and I was strongly advised to only provide my name, rank and hymm book number.
Go on up you baldhead.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »
It's pretty sad when someone believes that their cause justifies wishing evil on people.  I guess they think that the end justifies the means, but that is not true and never has been, for the means are what makes the end.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 08:43:18 AM »
because it shows just how harmful religion is.  And your excuses are exactly why I posted this.  To show you how idiotic they are.  These "crackpots" believe in the same things you do, MM.   And indeed the bible shows that your god is indeed that petty and hateful.   I do hope it is a hoax too, by someone acting as a poe to the MRFF.  However, considering the "love" that is spread by Christians, those lovely people like Fred Phelps, Jerry Falwell, and Pat Robertson, there is absolutely no reason to not think these people are just as good a Christian as you are, MM.   Pity that there is no way to know who are the true Christians or what your god "really meant" in the bible.  You are jsut oen more Christian who wants to make up your own religion according to what you want.  No need to show your version or theirs any respect at all.  You are all making it up. 

Now, if your god turned all of these women to salt, I might believe your claims that these aren't real Christians at all. It'd be quite a story, news would pick it up and we could all know.  But your god isn'tn nearly as concerned with people screwign around with its name and honor anymore.  Poor thing can't smite at all anymore. One would think that all of that was just myths made up about somethingn that never existed at all.  &)

One thing I read in comments about this horror is that the choice of breast cancer isn't likely random.  It is scary, but not neceessarily lethal and more than one Christian has said that disease is to scare people back into your god's clutches. 

EDIT: seems that you are running away again. Making claims and then not actually supporting them.  Brave brave Sir Robin.