Author Topic: World Book Night 2012 - UK (mainly!)  (Read 585 times)

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
World Book Night 2012 - UK (mainly!)
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:22:25 AM »
You may be aware of World Book Night - http://www.worldbooknight.org/ - briefly, its all about books being given to people to read, and pass on.  You can keep a track of where your book goes....last year one of our books ended up travelling from the UK to Brazil, for example.

This year I'm giving away "Touching The Void" by Joe Simpson - an excellent read, and a good example of how the "no atheists in foxholes" argument fails in practice.

I've got a few copies of that left, as well as (from colleagues) a couple copies of Misery (Stephen King), The Remains of the Day (Kazuo Ishiguro), The Take (Martina Cole), and The Player of Games (Iain M. Banks).

If anyone in the UK would like one, just PM me and I will post it on for free.  More than happy to send them elsewhere around the world, but I'd have to ask for a few quid then to cover international postage.  Any interest, please PM me your choice and address.  I stress that we only have a couple-dozen left in total, so hopefully there won't be hundreds of responses!
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
Re: World Book Night 2012 - UK (mainly!)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 03:32:36 AM »
Great idea. I wish I could get my kids (well, my daughter) to expand her reading choices. I'm working on it.
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.