Author Topic: Hi I'm zen  (Read 583 times)

Offline zen_livin

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Stupid Member
Hi I'm zen
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:30:36 AM »
hii
i'm zen, new in this forum... let me introduce my self
- i'm male 32 years old, english is not my first language
- i don't believe in any religion but in my country atheist is a crime.. so i cannot tell where i'm from and please don't track my IP :)
- i don't hate religion .. i just hate violent .. hypocrite people
- my reason in here is i want to know how many people is atheist like me and how they can discus in here about their open mind

Fail In Science ?
Try religion

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Hi I'm zen
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »
welcome

Atheists: It varies by country, and there is not a survey that combines the same questions for Europe and North America, for example.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »
Nice graphic. US is still pretty dark.

Hey wait, Kansas with no abortions is over 15%?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:02:12 AM by Tero »

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +183/-8
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 01:50:44 PM »
Welcome Zen.  See, that's the problem.  In some places you can be locked up or killed for a non religious belief.  The they will tell you how peaceful their religion is.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum, zen!  :)

- i don't believe in any religion but in my country atheist is a crime.. so i cannot tell where i'm from and please don't track my IP :)

Kudos to you for this. I admire your lack of belief in a country where your right to hold a lack of belief is denied.

I've often wondered how many people in countries that have an official religion and that also have laws that forbid a disbelief are atheists. I've wondered if the religious belief of many people in such countries is a result of such laws and that deep down inside they truly only believe because it's 'required' by law. Going back to my days of taking psychology classes in college I wonder how many people are a victim of group think, and that they feel that a belief is necessary, but really if they examine themselves outside of their culture they will find they only have a belief because it's required by law.

A coworker of my husband is from Medina. While a child he held a belief in Allah because he felt it was necessary. When he moved here (NY) he shed his believe pretty quickly. He claims his belief in Allah was solely based on his surrounding culture. He told me that deep down inside he didn't really believe in Allah but only did it because it was required by culture and political influence.

Not too sure where I'm going with this because I've been up all night and I'm tired. Anyways, welcome!
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:38:43 AM »
Welcome Zen, good that you are honest with people. Atheists are criminals in the country where are you are from? Are all the pigs Christians? It is good that you hate violent things, violence just hurts, like many other things. I am atheist like you, i also speak my open mind, I have nothing to hide (but obviously I still gonna wear clothes) I hate violent things too. Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will do well here.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »

I'd love to see a chart like this side by side with a "percentage in poverty"
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 09:18:10 AM »
I can assure you that Portugal is going down the drain right now. Dunno about the rest, though.

Welcome to the forum, zen. I am Lucifer. My condolences for the fact that you can't be free in your own country.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.