Author Topic: another reason why it should be no one's choice but the woman's  (Read 391 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=14563&autologin=true&s_src=Deaver_0412_c3_e1&JServSessionIdr004=1dwv29p806.app214a

My husband and I agonized over the decision about what was best for our family. After much careful thought, prayer, research and medical advice, my husband and I made the difficult decision that we wanted to induce labor and deliver my daughter as soon as possible.

We wanted to honor our daughter. We wanted to hold her and say goodbye. We wanted to preserve my health.

We should have been able to handle this with dignity with our doctor. The very best medical care should have been available to me. But as I said, Nebraska law interfered.
  and it gets more heartbreaking.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
Re: another reason why it should be no one's choice but the woman's
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:24:07 AM »
I think I'll print out the letter and leave it in the cafeteria here at work for all the right wing whacko's to peruse.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 12:45:31 PM »
How sad.  Bottom line is the so called peace loving Christians don't give a shit.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:25:14 AM »
Oh no, that was harsh! Although this is a little off topic, I'd like to mention how some people seem to think that women who have an abortion have no problems making the decision to do so. I myself don't want kids[1], but I can't imagine the anguish I would definitely feel if I had to go through with it. I would be devestated. I would feel AWFUL.

[two women having coffee together]

W1: "So, what are you up to for the rest of the day?"

W2: "Well lets see... hmm, hair cut and facial, have an abortion, then I might get my nails done."

W1: "Ooh, you gonna try that new hair salon? I've heard they're really good!"
 1. they're fun to play with but when they start getting smelly or noisy it's good to be able to hand them back
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
That's exactly why polemic rhetoric can be so effective. It not only dehumanizes its targets, but it assures the group that the enemy cannot be reasoned with. This is exactly why so many conservative women are on board with this kind of legislation - they're convinced by the propaganda that abortions are only for sluts, thus they're fine with the men "looking out for them", making sure abortion services don't encourage promiscuity. It's all heavily tied into the Christian condemnation of human sexuality; they wish to control it in all aspects, fostering ignorance and shame in any area where sex is involved. The fact that these people are taught to fear and hate sexuality makes it easy for them to accept the caricatures.

They're not interested in the reality of women who get abortions; as far as dogma is concerned, these women are just too depraved and immoral to care about propriety. Thus it's all about shaming them into submission to the point where they can attempt to "reason with them" in a manner similar to negotiating with a terrorist in a hostage situation with snipers trained on him. That is, until they can successfully wind the clock back to the good old pre-Roe v. Wade days of coat-hangers in back alleys.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
Well, we know cancers and tumors develop when a cell is dividing and something messes up. The more a cell divides, the chances of cancer happening increase. Women that live in a primitive manner have around 100 menstral cycles over thier lifetime. While a modern woman, who lives where plentiful food supplies are a simple trip to the supermarket, can have around 500 cycles in thier lifetime. That's 400 more chances for something to mess up. The pill is a method of prevention and we all know the saying, "An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure."

So, what does Rush Limbah and his ilk call a woman that would rather prevent Breast and Ovarian cancer instead of only relying on putting her breast on a plate, squished and shot up with X-Rays that can only detect something AFTER it has formed and can still be too late requiring Breast or Ovary removal? "Whores!"

The pill also happens to be an Abortion Preventative as well. It's tiring having one group within this melting pot of races, cultures, and religions strong-arming the rest of us to comply to thier wishes to make thier Santa Claus happy. Seriously, if they really were anti-Abortion, they should rally and educate people to prevent potential unwanted and/or complicated pregnancies to begin with.

This is like trying to cure Pneumonia with a cough suppressant.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:39:58 PM by TruthSeeker »