Author Topic: More anti gay  (Read 530 times)

Offline RNS

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
  • Diplomat
More anti gay
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
love and truth and love of truth

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: More anti gay
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »
what a "lovely" ad that tells a lie.   and more and more of the TrueChristian crap, with this group sure that their baseless opinion "that homosexuals are "not being fully the people God intended us to be".

Let's see

this ad that was in London :

and now this one:

easy to see who the honest and caring people are here.  :)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +585/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »
So, these people believe that this ad will only affect men and women unhappy with their homosexuality.  I wonder how they would react to an ad designed to appeal to men and women unhappy with their heterosexuality?  For example, "Not straight, post-straight, ex-straight and proud.  Get over it!"

I suspect they would be less than pleased with it.  They would probably argue that nobody gets "unhappy" with being straight, never mind that their position is no more reasonable than that.

Online IAmFirst

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 12:54:25 AM »
HAHAHAHA! "Post-gay"????

What, they're not happy anymore? :D

Well, church does that.
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Online Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +112/-2
  • You know
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 02:53:17 AM »
Post-gay....yeah fam, they're past that...that shit is so 27 seconds ago.
Nah son...

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +543/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 04:23:47 AM »
Obviously, Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, has been reading WWGHA:
Anti-gay adverts pulled from bus campaign by Boris Johnson

The mayor of London, Boris Johnson, intervened to prevent a Christian advertising campaign from promoting the idea that gay people can be converted to heterosexuality.

The adverts were booked on behalf of the Core Issues Trust whose leader, Mike Davidson, believes "homoerotic behaviour is sinful".

Johnson, who contacted the Guardian to announce he was stopping the adverts within two hours of their contents becoming public, said: "London is one of the most tolerant cities in the world and intolerant of intolerance. It is clearly offensive to suggest that being gay is an illness that someone recovers from and I am not prepared to have that suggestion driven around London on our buses."

The Christian groups insisted the advert had been cleared with Transport for London (TfL), which is chaired by the mayor. Davidson said: "I didn't realise censorship was in place."
I can't be sure, but I think Mike Davidson said, "I didn't realise censorship was in place." whilst he was on his way to a book-burning.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:28 AM »
love how these liars claim censorship as soon as one of their baseless claims is pulled but oh are all for censorship if someone simply mentions being an atheist.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 07:29:27 PM »
I don't usually have much time for Mayor Johnson but kudos to him for knocking this bullshit on the head so quickly.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
I  predict Mike Davidson will be caught in a gay-sex scandal pretty soon.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 11:42:23 PM »
Exactly my point.  The British seem to be much brighter than the american counterparts, well, at least with respect to religion.  Steven Hawkings probably wouldn't have been a huge voice in america..
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 01:30:24 AM »
Exactly my point.  The British seem to be much brighter than the american counterparts, well, at least with respect to religion.  Steven Hawkings probably wouldn't have been a huge voice in america..

Stephen Hawkings would probably not have survived his illness in America, because with a pre-existing condition, he would not have been able to get decent health insurance. If he was lucky[1], he would end up on welfare, disability and Medicaid, struggling to keep a roof over his head to avoid homelessness.

There would be some months where his meds would not be paid for and other months where he would be cutting his pills in half so he could pay the light bill. His chair would break down and never get fixed because he would have maxed out his benefits. He would sell his remaining meds on the black market for cash to get his chair fixed. Then he can sit out on a corner and beg.

It goes without saying that while spending all his great brain power just trying to stay alive, experimental physics would be right out. Just imagine all the wasted potential we have here in the greatest country in the whole wide world. :P
 1. meaning the republicans haven't eliminated the few social programs we still have
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 01:58:48 AM »
It goes without saying that while spending all his great brain power just trying to stay alive, experimental physics would be right out. Just imagine all the wasted potential we have here in the greatest country in the whole wide world.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  Some of the greatest minds in the past 40 years have been wasted just due to bullying and social trauma in the education system.  Think about all my fellow 'geeks' that didn't make it.  Then I see you guys doing better than me, and absolutely loving it.  You are the only free-thinkers that actually made it.  I've never seen a brighter bunch on internet forums than this one...

But yeah, even our society after education wastes a lot.  I have, for example, exceptional talent as a programmer.  But what do people have me doing?  Working on useless crap that doesn't really mean anything intelligent to me.  Fixing other people's code that they screwed up even on the original design.  Wasting my time with junk that I could have written much better on my own if I had the time.  Wasting my time working for other people when I could write my own software and easily start up a decent business...

Or I could have been in physics, bioscience, or pharmacology..  But whatever.  I feel fine that our greatest society likes people from India better...
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 06:21:05 PM »
With universal health benefits, a lot of us with brains and skills might be free to start our own businesses. But by the time we have acquired those skills, we are to old to afford insurance yet too young for medicare. Instead we live in fear that we will lose our jobs and be left with no health care at all, so we keep sucking up like worker bees. >:(
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »
With universal health benefits, a lot of us with brains and skills might be free to start our own businesses. But by the time we have acquired those skills, we are to old to afford insurance yet too young for medicare. Instead we live in fear that we will lose our jobs and be left with no health care at all, so we keep sucking up like worker bees. >:(
Wonderful system...isn't it?  And don't think about ever changing jobs...your insurance might not follow.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!