Author Topic: the pure hypocrisy of he Catholic Church  (Read 174 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
the pure hypocrisy of he Catholic Church
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:44:52 PM »
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/12/after-contraception-controversy-catholic-church-announces-religious-freedom-campaign/?hpt=hp_c2

oh yes, the Catholic Church is sooooo interested in religous freedom.  Not really, only for themselves. They're still going to try to prevent anyone from making a decision about anythign they don't like. 

how the one paragraph should be parsed:

“Religious liberty is not only about our ability to go to Mass on Sunday or pray the Rosary at home,” the bishops said in a Thursday statement. “It is about whether we can make everyone do what we want our contribution to the common good of all Americans. Can we do the enforcement of our opinion of what god wants on everyone good works our faith calls us to do, without having to compromise that very same faith?”

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
Re: the pure hypocrisy of he Catholic Church
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »
Are they compromising faith when they molest children?  I wish they would come door to door like JWs.  I've got a long list of 4 letter words for them.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 10:34:30 PM »
Did the catholic church support religious freedom when they supported the inquisitions and the pogroms against the protestants and Arianism? How have they changed since then? Did their god change and become more enlightened or are they blatantly lying, hoping to use these governmental freedoms to their advantage to enslave us again?
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
I used to be catholic.  They seem to have changed with the times.  But yes, it doesn't fit with their historical actions.  I would say they are just trying to be the 'righteous dudes', except that they have more money in gold bars than I could ever earn in 100 lifetimes..
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."