Author Topic: Last day  (Read 389 times)

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
  • What is in the bottle? No it's water
Last day
« on: April 12, 2012, 05:54:28 AM »
At WWGHA. Hopefully also my worst ;D.

Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
Re: Last day
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:03 AM »
Can't afford to stay here anymore. Exam's around the corner and by lurking here, i'm harming myself.

Anyway, don't exactly know what i'm doing here. Time to focus on life instead of god's existence/non-existence.

Had a lot of questions, thought could get the answers from atheists, but due to carelessness, i screwed up.

By the way, i wonder how i came here? I was searching for god, but i guess  my atheist side brought me here. Hard to beat old habits.

Was also hoping to find out some positive aspects of atheism, unfortunately it did not happen.

But...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:31:11 AM by orpat »
Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 06:37:17 AM »
 guess still an atheist. don't see how there could be a god with all evidence pointing otherwise.

But then i see  some theists being so positive about their life. What is it that makes them  happy, positive? Is it their false hope?

Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 06:40:34 AM »
I guess there is only one way,

Forget  whether god exists or not and just continue living. Who cares anyway whether there is a god or not?

And if god happens to be yahweh, i'm doomed ;D

Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 06:54:43 AM »
Don't worry, hell's going to be an awesome place, all the good people are there. Heck, Satan's less psychotic than Yahweh. Seriously, you think Satan's gonna punish those who turn from God? Dude, that's just biblical propaganda, he's partying it out with all the cool people - yeah, I mean you're gonna get people like Hitler there, but I'm sure Satan has his fun and games like pin the tail on the Nazi. And who can kick Hitler in the balls the most without laughing? I'm almost tempted to become a theist just so I can believe in that version of hell.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:08 AM »
Was also hoping to find out some positive aspects of atheism, unfortunately it did not happen.

Anything can be taken positively or negatively depending on how you look at it.

The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:31 AM »
Hitler was a Christian.

But yes, hell will be more to my liking.
Me, Ann Frank, and Ghandi doing Python skits for eternity...
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline pianodwarf

• Fellow
  • Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:25 AM »
At WWGHA. Hopefully also my worst ;D.

Lastday.  Aries Twenty-twos.  Year of the city, twenty-twelve.  Carousel begins.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 07:22:06 AM »
Hitler was a Christian.

But yes, hell will be more to my liking.
Me, Ann Frank, and Ghandi doing Python skits for eternity...

Dunno if God would approve of him killing His chosen people, but then again...he's a pretty sick mofo in the bible, so maybe Hitler went to heaven after all.

Shame, I kind of liked the idea of my kicking Hitler in the balls game. I know I'd lose because I'd laugh hysterically after the first kick, but hey, it's the taking part that counts.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 07:30:07 AM »
Don't worry, hell's going to be an awesome place, all the good people are there. Heck, Satan's less psychotic than Yahweh. Seriously, you think Satan's gonna punish those who turn from God? Dude, that's just biblical propaganda, he's partying it out with all the cool people - yeah, I mean you're gonna get people like Hitler there, but I'm sure Satan has his fun and games like pin the tail on the Nazi. And who can kick Hitler in the balls the most without laughing? I'm almost tempted to become a theist just so I can believe in that version of hell.

Sure hope Hell's going to be a Hot 'n' Happening place.  ;D

Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 07:37:58 AM »
But how to survive this Heaven called Earth? Where everyone keeps  saying you're doomed if you don't bow before the lord? Where  all your hard work will go in vain just because you don't pray regularly?

I have been fighting  religious nonsense all my life. But for what?

Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 07:53:38 AM »
By the way, how to survive the attack of the religious zombies?

Ans: Zombify yourself.
Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »
We fight it because it can be a very dangerous thing. Some of the things religious folks like to claim is pretty fecked up, but at least we're safe in knowing we're destined for a hole in the ground. All our hard work should go into living our lives well not into pleasing something you don't even know exists. How pathetic would your life be if you just wasted it in worship, you only get 1 life, make the most of it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:08:10 AM by Seppuku »

Offline orpat

• Graduate
  • Darwins +2/-8
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 08:08:07 AM »
By the way, this is my last post.
 I can't help but admit, i hold no grudge against those religious people who haven't harmed me in any way and have accepted me as the person i am.

I am only against the fundamentalists.

Good bye all and have a good life :)
Hello Homo Sapiens

Offline Bluey

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »
I guess there is only one way,

Forget  whether god exists or not and just continue living. Who cares anyway whether there is a god or not?

And if god happens to be yahweh, i'm doomed ;D

As a christian, the question of god's existence is important to me, personally. But you're right, just live your life in the best way you can, that's a good way to go.

Offline Ice Monkey

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • Fund schools. Tax pot.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 09:08:01 AM »
But how to survive this Heaven called Earth? Where everyone keeps  saying you're doomed if you don't bow before the lord? Where  all your hard work will go in vain just because you don't pray regularly?

Point out the stupidity of such claims.  What more can you do?

I have been fighting  religious nonsense all my life. But for what?

The sake of the species. 
Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." -- Charlie Chaplin

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 09:50:21 AM »
...Was also hoping to find out some positive aspects of atheism, unfortunately it did not happen.

But...

I'm sorry you feel this way. My immediate family are all atheists, except my mother who's probably best desccribed as a confused agnostic.  ;D  We are all happy, well-adjusted, successful people. We all give to the community. We all scratch our heads at religion, but we're not mean to our religious friends and relatives.

I look at the universe and I feel joy for its diversity and breadth. Because I'm not tied to a religious belief, I'm free to imagine all sorts of possibilities. I look out at the stars and know that there is so much more than is in the bible.

I suppose you're probably not here to read this by now, but I hope you can see that god is not necessary to happiness. And imagination has far better uses than to try to justify an ancient myth.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.