Author Topic: about one of your videos [#643]  (Read 326 times)

Offline DL

about one of your videos [#643]
« on: November 07, 2008, 07:00:34 AM »

hi, my name is [name] and I just wanted to respond to your video, "10 Questions an intelligant Christian Should Know How to Answer." It seems random, but I wanted to tell you that if you would like to have an intelligant conversations about your beliefs, and about why I believe mine then I would love to talk. I don't think that a Christian should push their beliefs on anybody and I know sometimes it's hard to look at the Christian beliefs and understand it. But if you would like to talk, and you're interested then I would love have an intelligant conversation with you.
Thanks so much!

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: about one of your videos [#643]
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 07:22:33 AM »
You are welcome to come to the forums and talk about anything with anyone that is roughly on topic.

A few words of advice ...

If you _know_ something, please be prepared to show _how_ you _know_ it.  If you can't, don't say you know it.  Please.

If you _believe_ something (personal), please make that clear so that it is not treated as a claim to knowledge.

The reason for this advice is that plenty of people come through the forums and make bold statements that they demand everyone else accept without question.  This is not the way to have an intelligent conversation about anything.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Ashe

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-1
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 09:14:27 PM »
This is the perfect place to give it a shot. Please join us and let us hear what you have to say.
2 miles!
"All men(humans )were demon possed and were planning to attack God. Just like if you talk back to your parents." - Failbag quote

Offline StPatrick

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • The patron saint of WWGHA
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 10:02:53 PM »
We're all ears, as long as you're not a jackass, a bad speller (lik3 1 of th0se ppl wh0 typ3 lik3 th1s...agh, I can't do it), or generally rude or hard to understand.
If we come together and do not fight over religion, class and borders then we hold the key to a peaceful world. There are two possible futures in store; either a March of power and greed or a March of a unified human race.