Author Topic: Kymer the punching bag  (Read 4618 times)

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
Kymer the punching bag
« on: March 26, 2012, 03:05:37 PM »
Look at my darwins. That's all that needs to be said. Just look. I'm saying this especially to the moderators.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Kymer the punching bag
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:06:35 PM »
Put up or shut up when necessary (which is all the time) and you won't have that problem. What you're doing is what theists do - they neither put up nor shut up; they just make claims without supporting them.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:12:49 PM by Lucifer »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 03:12:05 PM »
Kymer has repeatedly called people stupid and has no respect for diplomacy, he just attacks and attacks.

But don't bother asking me to support this with evidence.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:14:32 PM by Omen »
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
I have not given kymer a single bad darwin. I am probably not the only person who has held back on the kid. That means that he should have even more bad darwins. Fail, kymer. Fail.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »
I dislike Kymer very much. I think he defines being an idiot and asshole as "being different", and fails to take responsibility for his own behaviour by saying "I am being picked on for being different". 

A nice trick, I think. It beats admitting you're a fuckwit who causes other people to suffer for your own ignorance and selfishness.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +135/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »
nogodsforme, I don't know- I also held back a darwin on him and I doubt we're the only two. So I think his karma score has balanced itself out since Omen and Lucifer are giving those bad darwins away like circus peanuts during Halloween.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »
I think he defines being an idiot and asshole as "being different"

It beats admitting you're a fuckwit

I wouldn't at all be surprised if you're allowed to get away with that. But shame on you.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
nogodsforme, I don't know- I also held back a darwin on him and I doubt we're the only two. So I think his karma score has balanced itself out since Omen and Lucifer are giving those bad darwins away like circus peanuts during Halloween.

Can we throw virtual orange circus peanuts at the back of kymer's virtual head instead of negative darwins? More fun, and who needs 'em? Those nasty circus peanuts are a waste of space, too.  ;)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
Reading the list of the last 6 people to get a negative darwin is like singing a Culture Club song. It's way over the top, and the reasons given are stupid, and lucifer even repeated himself.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »
It's way over the top, and the reasons given are stupid, and lucifer even repeated himself.

I repeated myself because you made the same mistake twice after half a dozen people pointed out (several times) that you were making it.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +301/-32
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »
But kymer, isn't this kind of satisfying in a martyr-complex sort of way?  You're just like Christ!

By the way, this thread's OP is not a question about, nor a suggestion for, the forum.  So although the mods no doubt know about it already, I'm reporting it.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »
Reading the list of the last 6 people to get a negative darwin is like singing a Culture Club song. It's way over the top, and the reasons given are stupid, and lucifer even repeated himself.

Primarily they have to do with you not acknowledging posts or answering questions.

What is stupid about being responsible for your own claims kymer?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +301/-32
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 04:32:32 PM »
Isn't it interesting how kymer's negative points supposedly say something about everyone else, but say nothing about him?

I wonder why that is.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 04:34:24 PM »
Reading the list of the last 6 people to get a negative darwin is like singing a Culture Club song.

Which one?  "Karma Chameleon", I assume?   ;D
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »

Which one?  "Karma Chameleon", I assume?   ;D

Red gold and greeeeeeen, red gold and greeeee eeee eeeen. Yeah that one. Ah, the 80's.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
Kymer,

What you get in this thread, you brought on yourself. As you can now see it's in the Bottomless Pit - and from the Notice for this board -

Notice

Enter these threads at your own risk. Do not read or participate in these threads if you dislike harsh language and/or insults. Do not quote posts from this area in the regular forum, or use in signatures. Everything said in this area is to remain here. If you don't feel you can contain your emotions about the topic being discussed or your comments about it to this area, do not participate.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »
kymer, I have only ever given you one smite. In my opinion, you've deserved far more than that, but I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. You have only yourself to blame.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
I have not given kymer a single bad darwin. I am probably not the only person who has held back on the kid. That means that he should have even more bad darwins. Fail, kymer. Fail.

I tend to refrain from giving out bad darwins. I don't even give negative darwins for simply being incorrect or WIDOR. I've only given out 2, for some posts that were just... WRONG, imo.

I have been here long enough to know situations that negative darwins are given. If you say stuff no one's heard before, you're either going to have to prove it, or if you cannot, recant. There is something I could swear I've read in the bible, but when asked to prove it, I still couldn't find it, so I had to withdraw that point from my arguement. If I kept pressing it, despite having no proof, I know I would have at least 1 negative darwin by now. However due to intellectual honesty and trying to be mature, I had to adult-up[1], and admit I was wrong, pending proof. If you did the same, you wouldn't be feeling like a punching bag.

Just remember you cannot prove a negative, but a positive. ie. Proving something is there is infinitely easier than trying to prove something is not there.
 1. some may still call it 'man-up' but I think that's too sexist.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 05:08:35 PM »
I gave a negative karma for comments that were vile and incredibly insulting to a member of this forum who wasn't even insulting you. Yes, I realise this was pre-ER, but that's the only one I've given

I think it's mostly a case of not taking responsibility for things you say. Nobody dislikes anybody for being different here. I don't dislike you because you've not done enough for me to come to dislike, but you do at times get on my nerves. I don't think you're a punching because but you're not cut much slack, but then generally you are expected to be taken to account for what you say and when you don't that can cause a lot of frustration.

And sometimes you seem to purposefully misinterpret something or marginalise it. A recent example could be:
I posted this:
Kymer could you point to some examples please? At least then we can address them more directly.

For your attention:

Quote from: Rules
Discussion threads are for discussion of the topic at hand, not simply advertising one's opinions. As such, forum members are expected to back up assertions they make, and not engage in stonewalling, shifting goalposts, changing the subject, or employing similar tactics to avoid addressing points raised against their arguments.

and you responded with this:

So I'm asked to give examples of how to apply diplomacy. Well actually I was hoping members could use their own imaginations. It's absolutely unbelieveable that the basics of human conduct have to be explained.

You had made several assertions and Omen was trying to get you to back them up, but you were refusing. I quote the rules to you and for some reason you assume it's about one small thing. The point of backing up your points is so people can check the validity of what you're saying and to understand what you're getting at better. You're making claims about members they feel is inaccurate, they talked about examples of their dealings with different theists, but you didn't come up with anything. That suggests your statements are inaccurate and you're making assumptions about people from your own imagination and given some of these assumptions are provocative it's probably not far off from people coming to assume again that you're trolling us.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 05:31:12 PM »
Seppuku, I don't always agree with you but I do respect you because of your manner.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 05:33:28 PM »
I'm sorry K, you were not worth the karma points you are seeking.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »
Thank you magicmiles for giving me a positive darwin. I shall value it, as they're far and few between. It's really horrible to be branded a troll as I have been and so it's nice when someone has something remotely complimentary to say to me.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 05:43:23 PM »
Thanks Jetson. I've got 4 now. Now I'm feeling good, baby.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »
Could you convert your negative karma into positive karma for me? I would much appreciate it.  :P

Anyway, hang in there, you'll suss this community out eventually and you might understand where people are coming from more. I mean I don't think anybody here is perfect and at times some may be a bit hard on others, but any atheists and theists who stick around will make more and more sense of what we're like. Some are more explosive than others, but they've already explained their reasons. I know you don't agree with those methods and whilst I try not to use them (it's not who I am) but I respect the people using them and respect they're clearly conveying a point.

There's plenty of places out there that give you an easier conversation, if people prefer that, they're welcome to go there. I come here because I don't mind being held accountable for what I say and being scrutinised. It happens when I enter debates with other atheists on topics we do not agree on. The fact I am held accountable allows me to assess my own arguments more in depth. If they're weak, the weaknesses are staring me right in the face because somebody has taken the time to quote me word for word and explain why it's wrong.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 06:32:32 PM »
Yeah Seppuku, I guess it does take a while to get used to a, erm...shall we say, idiosynchratic bunch. I don't take it personally, and actually, maybe they don't mean it personally. Maybe it's all just banter. Maybe I'm in fact very much liked and I'm just being tested. Maybe I'm being initiated into something really cool. I'll hang in there (I always do), I think it could get really interesting. I expect a surprise party is on the cards soon. You can be my +1.

By the way I can now give out darwins again. I'm looking at you, omen. Just kidding, mate.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:36:22 PM by kymer »

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 06:52:06 PM »
I think he defines being an idiot and asshole as "being different"

It beats admitting you're a fuckwit

I wouldn't at all be surprised if you're allowed to get away with that. But shame on you.

Getting away with my opinion? I thought I was allowed one of those.

Shit, brah, I'm even doing you a kindness by putting it in black and white. If I'm right, it might even help you toward self-actualization.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:56:02 PM by Ambassador Pony »
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
Sorry, what does "brah" mean?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 06:57:14 PM »
It's american slang for bro-- brother--brutha.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 06:58:06 PM »
Thanks, brah.