Author Topic: Kymer the punching bag  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
Re: Kymer the punching bag
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 07:07:05 PM »
Disingenuous is the word that comes to my mind.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 07:27:13 PM »
Why do you insist on asking me why I'm here?

Dunno. Why do you insist on dodging every question?

What is this, the spanish inquisition?  ;)

Am I the only one amused by the irony here?  &)
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 07:31:12 PM »
From now on if anyone has anything critical to say to me, please do explain why. I think we're talking past each other.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 07:35:20 PM »
From now on if anyone has anything critical to say to me, please do explain why. I think we're talking past each other.

You can't see the posts of people repeatedly pointing out that you ignore questions and fail to support your own claims?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »
Ok omen, noted.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
Ok omen, noted.

Is that a yes or a no?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
I think if you've noted it, you could perhaps show that you have by addressing individual points. Lucifer asked why you insist on dodging every question you're asked and then you dodged his question.

Heck, Omen's last post was meant as a question and not a statement (hence the question mark), perhaps that's a question that could be answered.

You complained that we're aggressive towards theists, but the truth is people just don't like certain behavioural traits that are incredibly unfair to discussion. You're an atheist using those traits people don't like and you're being berated for it. Yet, take a theist like magicmiles and you'll find his experience is different - whilst yes he's had some negative feedback but nobody's shown to have a problem with him. Yet, he's a theist.

I think those points should ring home that we're only talking about something that's behavioural. Something we actually have forum rules for. For example, these 2:

Quote from: The Rules
Responses to a thread must be on-topic and should contribute constructively to the discussion at hand.

Quote from: The Rules
Discussion threads are for discussion of the topic at hand, not simply advertising one's opinions. As such, forum members are expected to back up assertions they make, and not engage in stonewalling, shifting goalposts, changing the subject, or employing similar tactics to avoid addressing points raised against their arguments.

I've bolded the relevant points.

I don't think these criticisms could be any clearer. Take responsibility for your actions and respect the forum's rules. Do that and people ought not have a problem with you. Those rules exist for a reason.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »
Disingenuous is the word that comes to my mind.

I'm getting a slightly different picture on my radar.

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »
Agreed MB. I just wanted to use a multi-syllable word. ;)

His antics have grown too tiresome for this hedonist.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +22/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 10:36:11 PM »
The bottomless pit.. What a shame kymer.. There was so much promise.. All this time I expected to see you gone and the mods let me down as did everyone else.. I mean you shoula been promoted to king of WWGHA, but alas..such wasted potential.
By the way..just in case you want to pin negative karmas on me.. look again. I wouldn't waste my time with such triviality. I'll always be open about thinking you're troll and an asshole. You make your own karma.
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline Anfauglir

• Professor
  • Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2012, 03:36:02 AM »
And let's not disregard the fact that some people have decided to not come here much these days for the very reasons I've talked about.

Now this is a really interesting comment......for someone who only signed up a week or so ago, you seem to know a lot about this forum.  Who are these people that you refer to?

I asked in another thread why you originally chose THIS forum to come to.....remembering that your original posts were posing as a theist.  I also asked why you continued as a member of THIS forum, given your stated primary purpose of general chat.  There's a million forums out there - what made you pick this one?  What makes you stay?

It troubles me why someone should go to a forum where everyone is "X", and post all about how great it is to be "Y".  It troubles me that someone who has so little regard for the members of a forum would bother to spend their time there, rather than going somewhere else.  It bothers me that there is another atheist forum who (apparently) have some people set on coming here to troll.....and it then bothers me more when someone who has exhibited troll-like behaviour then seems to know more about the history of this forum than the average newbie.

Why HAVE you decided to stay on this forum Kymer?  And why DID you choose this forum originally?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?