Author Topic: A female dominated world  (Read 2620 times)

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
A female dominated world
« on: March 26, 2012, 03:02:04 PM »
Everything seems to be run by men. Politics, science, religion, education, technology, the list goes on. Pretty much nearly every aspect of human endeavour is dominated by men. I wonder what a world run more by women would be like. I imagine it would result in more peace, harmony, understanding, less competitiveness and more cooperation. I'm not talking about a world where women rule, but one where women are in charge more than they are currently.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: A female dominated world
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
I imagine it would be the same. Men and women are not as different as you think.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 03:36:59 PM »
^^^^^Having had good and bad male bosses and good and bad female bosses, I am inclined to agree. But that doesn't mean women shouldn't get an equal shot at effing up the world.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 03:38:35 PM »
Ngfm, don't you think a more female dominated world would be better, what I mean is, more balance, more female input?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:46:33 PM »
But that doesn't mean women shouldn't get an equal shot at effing up the world.

You will, although my guess is that the world will already be pretty fucked up by then.
Evolution is slow compared to our lifetime, but social evolution is probably even slower. It took almost ten thousand years[1] for women to be given equal rights. And those rights aren't even recognized around the world.
 1. If we start counting from the appearance of the first civilization.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »
Ngfm, don't you think a more female dominated world would be better, what I mean is, more balance, more female input?

Women and men are both human beings with all the good and bad inherent in that. There are some gender differences, depending on culture, upbringing, etc. Like women tend to be more verbally adept and men more physically adept, or whatever. But both are equally smart, equally good and equally bad.

Maybe because I was raised by an abusive mother, I don't have any illusions that a female-dominated world would be a kinder, gentler place.

Maybe a world run by effeminate gay men?  :?

[ducks random objects flung from screen]

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
A world run by effeminate gay men would be a very colourful nightmare.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 03:51:09 PM »

Nonsense. I think it'd be fun.  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »
Two words:

Margaret Thatcher.

Another two words:

Falklands War.

Not all women are peaceful and educated. Imagine Sarah Palin as president - she seriously frightens me. With religion, what about Shirley Phelps? She's clearly insane, she's definitely not understanding. But these are just examples.

It might be more peaceful if we had a peaceful woman in power.

Agreed. In fact, Stephen Fry for Prime Minister.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »
Two words:

Margaret Thatcher.

Another two words:

Falklands War.

Not all women are peaceful and educated. Imagine Sarah Palin as president - she seriously frightens me. With religion, what about Shirley Phelps? She's clearly insane, she's definitely not understanding. But these are just examples.

It might be more peaceful if we had a peaceful woman in power.

Agreed. In fact, Stephen Fry for Prime Minister.

Hot damn, I'd vote for him, and I'm not even British! I'd emigrate and convert, or whatever I had to do. I'd even eat your nasty food.  :o

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 04:11:04 PM »
Lol, our food is awesome. :P

But if it makes you feel at home we have lots of Starbucks, Subways, KFCs, Pizza Huts, Dominoes, Burger Kings and McDonalds. Oh and Asda is owned by Walmart. ;)
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 04:12:57 PM »

True. And by "true" I mean that the English food I was actually able to find[1] was good. Everything else was foreign. I could barely find English people in England. How fucked up is that?
 1. Minus the fish and chips; bringing us to a grand total of exactly one dish.
We choose our own gods.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 04:15:46 PM »

But if it makes you feel at home we have lots of Starbucks, Subways, KFCs, Pizza Huts, Dominoes, Burger Kings and McDonalds. Oh and Asda is owned by Walmart. ;)

I hang my head in shame at these exported representations of what passes for American food. We on both sides of the pond share a fondness for fried, boiled, salted, sugared, caffeinated starch covered with grease.  :P

But at least you have the good sense to give everyone health care.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »

True. And by "true" I mean that the English food I was actually able to find[1] was good. Everything else was foreign. I could barely find English people in England. How fucked up is that?
 1. Minus the fish and chips; bringing us to a grand total of exactly one dish.

Why are all those Indian, Jamaican, Pakistani, Egyptian, Nigerian, Hong Kong, Malaysian and Trinidadian foreigners in England? Besides selling all the decent cuisine in nifty street stands? Comes from all those centuries of the English colonizing everyone on the planet, taking all the goodies so the people have nothing left at home. Don't even get me started. Ask the Irish.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »
Where in England did you visit? You might find some places more dense with foreign people than others. If in London, then you're looking at a large mix of cultures. Though my town has a strong Eastern European population, but they're still a minority group, despite what some people like to believe.

Foreign food is actually quite popular here, so I can imagine a foreigner coming to try the British cuisine might be a bit limited for choice in restaurants and cafes.

You'll normally find things like roast dinners, lamb joint, pies (like Steak and Ale), steak dishes and fish n chips - I know Wetherspoons do dishes like those (they're a chain of bar/restaurants around the country) - their menus try to offer some variety - you'll also get lasagnes, curries, chillies, burgers and the like. If you find a tea shop then you can have tea and scones and feel like a British stereotype.

Our house tends to have quite a mix of food, we still eat plenty of different British dishes, but we also eat a lot of foreign food.

And of course, yes, we pretty much tried to take over the world once upon a time, it's quite possible the British empire has brought some influence to our cuisine, well, you can blame the British Empire for our obsession with tea.  :o But we've had influxes of people coming here since we became weaklings. We have a strong Asian community and it might be responsible for the reason we enjoy Asian food instead of the Empire's colonisation of India.

The current complaint you'll find is eastern Europeans, but we adopted the open border policy of the EU, so we don't have as much border control as we used to. Not that I mind people immigrating over, it brings a nice variety of culture and some are quite interesting people, but obviously some would argue we've over done it and wonder if it's good for our economy.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:50:42 PM by Seppuku »

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 04:50:04 PM »
Both Australia's political and royal head's of state are women. I don't think it makes a huge difference, but then again they don't actually have much real power.

As for differences between men and women:

http://www.blameitonthevoices.com/2008/05/difference-between-men-and-women-in.html
Go on up you baldhead.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 04:56:46 PM »
I'll give you brits points for two things: popularizing tea and your accents.

You probably realize that a British accent can get you employed, drunk, befriended and/or laid in pretty much any US city. As one US fangirl remarked about Benedict Cumberbatch (oh yeah, may I add that you have some goofy names?), "his accent is like liquid sex."

As for me, tea is liquid sex. Scones with it are da bomb. :)

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 04:59:49 PM »
Not that I'm planning on benefiting from it in any way...but how are Australian accents received?

Or has Mel Gibson spoilt it forever with his rants?
Go on up you baldhead.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 05:06:26 PM »
Not that I'm planning on benefiting from it in any way...but how are Australian accents received?

Or has Mel Gibson spoilt it forever with his rants?

A loud aussie is as bad as a Bronx NY accent--grating on the ears. But a soft-spoken aussie accent is also liquid sex. Try it on the sheila tonight. ;)

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »
Here where I'm from, when a Foster's beer or Outback Steakhouse commercial comes on, everyone has to try their best Australian accent.  Usually doesn't sound anything like the accent.   
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
It tends to be what I say rather than what I sound like...

"Let's sit down and discuss a behaviour management plan for the kids" tends to be a winner.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
I'll give you brits points for two things: popularizing tea and your accents.

You probably realize that a British accent can get you employed, drunk, befriended and/or laid in pretty much any US city. As one US fangirl remarked about Benedict Cumberbatch (oh yeah, may I add that you have some goofy names?), "his accent is like liquid sex."

As for me, tea is liquid sex. Scones with it are da bomb. :)

So...why haven't I moved over the states? Kind of reminds me of this scene from Love Actually (one of the only romantic comedies I actually like):

Not all British accents can be sexy though, I mean if you're from the West Country. Darth Vader is actually from Bristol, so good thing they got James Earl Jones to voice over instead.

Bill Bailey on the West Country accent:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:22:20 PM by Seppuku »

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »
Come on Seppuku - don't pretend you don't own a copy of Notting Hill and Four Weddings and a Funeral.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 05:27:54 PM »
lol, I don't actually. But to be fair I've managed to avoid watching them. I do have Two Weeks Notice, another Hugh Grant film. That was another funny one. Does The Hangover count as a romantic comedy? It ends on a wedding.  ;)

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 05:33:14 PM »
Both movies I mentioned are quite funny. "Death at a funeral" is laugh out loud funny if you haven't seen it yet.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 05:46:37 PM »
I'll be sure to try and not miss them next time they're on the tele. ;)

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 05:58:53 PM »
So do we think that a more female centred world would be the same as what we currently have, or do we feel that it would different? I just want to get back on topic.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 08:27:23 PM »
kymer, butt out. I want the brit and the aussie to keep talking while I imagine they are Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman (or Mel Gibson in his not crazy racist ranting mode.) ;)

Oh no, I just realized that ACDC is Australian. :o

I take everything back. Scratch the aussie accents off my liquid sex list. Delete Hugh and substitute Edward Petherbridge...hell, I'd even take Michael Caine, as long as he didn't shout. What is that he speaks-- cockney?

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:21 PM »
Everything seems to be run by men.

In some ways this is an illusion. Women control the spending in our economy.

Further more, more women are getting post-secondary educations than men.

I think, its more of a woman's world than you think

Here in Canada, men have to pay for prostate exams. The 30$ is symbolic. Women don't pay for breast cancer exams.

It may still be true that many of the top jobs are held by men but very few people are in the top jobs.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.