Author Topic: Scientific Proof That Homosexuality Should Be Stopped  (Read 1377 times)

Azdgari and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-530
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
Re: Scientific Proof That Homosexuality Should Be Stopped
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2015, 05:59:58 PM »
You're dreamin' if you think this kind of stuff is pretend.

Considering how I have a lot of normal friends who are gay (and my sister who's renting my basement with her girlfriend), it shows how you have such a twisted and unrealistic view of homosexuality. So twisted and unrealistic that you turn to scripted and unrealistic TV show to support that conclusion.

I never said all gay men are like this. But, you guys think no gay men are like this. That's the problem.

Plus, fans of the show praise it for its realism. You might want to find a shameless board and ask around.

No, the broad-brushing happens when gay men are assumed to be nasty, pedophiles who only want to have sex with little boys, and who cannot control their urges. News flash - that particular problem is not isolated to gay men. No one here has said that no gay men are bad apples. You really need to stop putting homosexuals into a different category for your own gain in these discussions, it's hurting your credibility.

All humans on this planet are essentially the same. We are all the same species. In fact, race isn't even real - it is an invented pile of BS from stupid humans. Stupid humans invented racial categories in order to be nasty and pretend to be superior. All humans can interbreed - news flash - even homosexuals can breed new humans! If a gay man ejaculates into a human female, she can get pregnant. Gay men produce real human sperm!  wow!

Stop using anecdotal events and scenarios, and stop broad-brushing your homophobic views without thinking. Take a moment to consider that you have a PERSONAL BELIEF SYSTEM that seems to dictate your behavior and attitude towards certain people. That is on you, and only you. The rest of the world is moving on without you. Now is the time to get right with your Jesus friend, and stop spreading hatred and bigotry in his name. You know he would NEVER do this, ever. So stop it. In fact, you really need to pray on this - ask Jesus to forgive your behavior and help you find a way to be more loving and accepting of all humans, you know, like Jesus.

Damn - I wonder if you'll bother...I challenge you to pray on this, and come back and tell us what Jesus wants you to do. I dare you.

Jesus said "God made them in the beginning male and female." Jesus had the chance to condone any type of same-sex right there and He didn't do it.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-530
« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2015, 06:00:53 PM »
That too is immoral and degrading.

Who are you to judge?

Not judging. They can still go to Heaven if they repent.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +61/-0
« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2015, 06:02:54 PM »

No, no, no. Who are you to judge what others do is immoral and degrading.

For example, a 20 year old women marrying a 50 year old man.

Both are legal in the eyes of the justice system. Both consented. What makes that immoral and degrading?
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-530
« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2015, 06:04:36 PM »

No, no, no. Who are you to judge what others do is immoral and degrading.

For example, a 20 year old women marrying a 50 year old man.

What makes that immoral and degrading? Both are legal in the eyes of the justice system. Both

I could've sworn she was 16 when she got married. If not, then it is not immoral. But, who didn't see the divorce coming? No one ever thought that marriage would last a lovable cuddly lifetime.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +61/-0
« Reply #178 on: July 03, 2015, 06:06:18 PM »
OK, lets assume she was 16. Didn't Abraham marry Sarah, his half-sister? Is that more or less immoral and degrading?
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +385/-44
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #179 on: July 03, 2015, 06:06:41 PM »
This was in another thread, but I'm still looking for an answer.

skeptic54768, where does the Bible condemn homosexuality?[1] And I do mean "where". Chapter and verse will suffice. EDIT: I'm looking for every instance of it, by the way.
 1. Serious question. I'm looking for a particular instance. I'll know it when I see it.
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, Son of Fire, Sol Invictus.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +242/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2015, 06:14:41 PM »
Quote from: Jetson
Damn - I wonder if you'll bother...I challenge you to pray on this, and come back and tell us what Jesus wants you to do. I dare you.

Jesus said "God made them in the beginning male and female." Jesus had the chance to condone any type of same-sex right there and He didn't do it.

I guess you'd rather avoid being an actual Christian, and instead be a bible thumper. So be it. Now that you have read that phrase, you are clear to be a bigot and hater of homosexuals! woo hoo

Indeed, run away from your duty as a believer. Keep throwing cherry-picked phrases out from ancient writings as though they represent the essence of the man you think is an actual god.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:21:12 PM by jetson »

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +486/-118
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2015, 06:19:07 PM »
So, a scripted television show is reality? Most people contend a scripted reality show isn't even reality but actors acting to skep is reality.

Good to know.

-Nam

So you think it's pure fiction that an old gay man will hook up with a 16 year old?

No, I don't think it's fiction just like I don't think it's fiction that a gay 16 year old won't hook up with a gay old man or an old hetero man won't hook up with a 16 year old hetero girl or a 16 year old hetero girl won't hook up with an old hetero man. You make it seem as if the reality is gay old men only do this and that isn't reality.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +486/-118
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2015, 06:21:10 PM »
I never said all gay men are like this. But, you guys think no gay men are like this. That's the problem.

Ah, I got it. So instead of focusing on the heterosexuals who act that same way (women hooking up with older man) you chose to only focus on the gay guy.

Why?

The difference is that you guys would call the straight old man a predator. But you would say that the old gay man is just looking for a little fun. You wouldn't dare call him a predator.

He's a predator. Well?

Apologize.

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +242/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2015, 06:30:16 PM »

Let me say one more important thing about this response of yours, skeptic.

What Jesus said in a book is irrelevant. The facts about human evolution are in, and the Bible is wholly and completely wrong about the origin of humans. And thus, you are wrong in using it as justification for hatred and bigotry. You are among the humans currently living on this planet, and you have no right to use ancient mythological writings as a justification for anti-gay sentiments and homophobia.

It has been proven, beyond all doubts, that humans evolved from a common ancestor, just like all the rest of the planet's species. The Bible is so wrong, its laughable. And for a modern, educated person to use it as though it has something reasonable to say about the origin of humans, is pretty unfortunate. You should really think about getting more educated, instead of running around in internet forums pretending to know something based on some of the most ignorant writings still being used today. We are long past looking at any type of religious books for real information.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-6
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2015, 09:19:41 PM »
If people don't believe there is a gay agenda, they are dreamin'.

Almost every show on TV now has the token gay couple or at least one gay person. Most shows portray them as normal human beings that are just like you and me but shows like Shameless show what the gay lifestyle is all about with the character Ian. That show is a realistic portrayal of gays.

The only two differences between you and a gay person is what they choose to do with their genitalia and the biological sex of the person they are attracted to.  If two differences make them not normal, then almost all of us are not normal because I feel certain that we all have something that makes us a bit outside of the bell curve in some aspect of life.
Jesus fulfilled many important messianic prophecies. He was a Jewish man born in Bethlehem who rode a donkey in his adult life. Hail the messiah!

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +135/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2015, 11:36:24 PM »

What makes it immoral?

Degrading to whom?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +866/-31
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #186 on: July 04, 2015, 09:25:10 AM »
It's not denial.  It is matter of reliability.  If those numbers are real, anyone who repeats the test or survey should find numbers in the same ballpark.  Go ahead.  Find them.  Only this time, look for less biased sources.  Like, the CDC.  Or the Kinsey institute.  Reality is inescapable.  Kinsey has no dog in the fight.  But your sources most certainly do.  So, who is more likely to fudge the numbers?

The Religious Right is the only one claiming that there is a Gay Agenda -- their own.

But that doesn't stop people who don't like the "gay nasty" agreeing with whatever source that suits that agenda.

If people don't believe there is a gay agenda, they are dreamin'.

How's about you address my post? 

Also, there is a gay agenda though it is not as sinister as your ilk would have us believe.  Mainly, it has to do with not having the shit beaten out of them everywhere and being treated like human beings.  Quelle horror!

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +866/-31
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #187 on: July 04, 2015, 09:29:36 AM »
The difference is that you guys would call the straight old man a predator. But you would say that the old gay man is just looking for a little fun. You wouldn't dare call him a predator.

He's a predator. 

Now what?

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +866/-31
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »

Of course you are judging.  Saying they are immoral is a judgment. 

But we cannot not judge.  We must judge.  That is how people and morality work.  That is why Jesus was a twit.  He did not understand even the basics of morality.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +1029/-6
  • I'm very stoic, except when there is an easier way
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2015, 12:12:55 PM »

I'm not a fan of such large age differences between couples, but unless the younger one is not of age, I don't call it immoral.

I once knew a billionaire who was closing in on 80, and his live-in, long-term girlfriend was a bit under 30. Do you consider it a little more moral if both individuals are over 25 or at least one of them is a rich dude?

Like I said, I don't condone such wide age ranges in couples, but I don't consider it immoral. Just short term and therefore useless. The exception would be the mormons, who used to commonly have much older men marry young teens (12-14). That that was frickin' immoral, because guys seldom, if ever, had the best interests of the child in mind.

I do have on question though. How long is your list if immoral things? Does it include hangups that aren't sexual, or are you careful to limit your condemnation of others to that one arena?

Or is everything immoral, including vanilla ice cream and running through the sprinkler on a hot day? That is, are we all such sinners that nothing we do can ever be anything but immoral and degrading?

And you just pick the juicy ones to complain about, right?
It isn't true that non-existent gods can't do anything. For instance, they were able to make me into an atheist.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +122/-3
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #190 on: Yesterday at 05:53:28 PM »

He's a predator.

That's three times now Skep. Gonna withdraw that statement, or just keep ploughing on with your bigotry? I suspect you'll keep ploughing...
AUTHOR OF THE "WORST THREAD EVER" ACCORDING TO JUNEBUG72 http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,28757.0.html

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +100/-1
« Reply #191 on: Yesterday at 09:05:39 PM »

Why would you assume that? Of course he's a predator.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +122/-3
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #192 on: Yesterday at 09:31:53 PM »
Oops! That's four now.
AUTHOR OF THE "WORST THREAD EVER" ACCORDING TO JUNEBUG72 http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,28757.0.html

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Online Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +126/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #193 on: Today at 10:38:03 AM »

Jesus said "God made them in the beginning male and female." Jesus had the chance to condonecondem any type of same-sex right there and He didn't do it.

FIFY
...religion is simply tribalism with a side order of philosophical wankery, and occasionally a baseball bat to smash...anyone who doesn't show...deference to the tribe's chosen totem.

~Astreja

To not believe in god is to know that it falls to us to make the world a better place.

~Sam Harris