Author Topic: Corporations bow to Gay Agenda in NC  (Read 1717 times)

Online wright

• Fellow
  • Darwins +143/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Re: Corporations bow to Gay Agenda in NC
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2016, 07:52:12 PM »
Some followup. At least some NC legislators are willing to do the right thing and repeal this bigoted idiocy:

http://www.wect.com/story/31803565/house-legislators-to-file-hb2-repeal-monday?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

From the linked article:
"The damage to NC’s reputation and economy has been swift and is growing exponentially. House Bill 2 is bad for all NC citizens and it is bad for all NC businesses." This, according to a press release sent out by the North Carolina Democratic Party.

The Democrats offered the bill Monday, the first day of the legislature's annual work session. The bill has no Republican sponsors. GOP legislative leaders have said they aren't interested in overturning the law approved in a special session last month.

Primary co-sponsor Rep. Darren Jackson says he's hoping momentum from national business leaders and other groups opposing the law will keep the repeal movement front and center this session. Jackson wants a hearing on the bill and an up-or-down vote.

I'm confident that sooner or later HB 2 and similar bigotries will be repealed; the tide is against them. But sooner is better than later.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +354/-9
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2016, 08:07:37 AM »
The Washington Post has a piece on some of the other threats we should be concerned about:

"As long as we do not put up unicorn netting and station a virgin outside every public restroom, no one is safe from unicorn attacks. Think of your sons! Think of your uncles! Would you want your uncle using a restroom into which a unicorn could come bursting at any time?"

and

"Every door with a handle is one more thing that can be yanked open by that Escaped Killer With A Hook Arm, or pushed open by a Psychopath Disguised As A Clown Statue Whom The Babysitter Just Managed To Escape."

See: Keep yetis out of public restrooms. It's snarky and spot on.
“Be skeptical. But when you get proof, accept proof.” –Michael Specter

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca the Younger (4 BC - 65 AD)

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +949/-25
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2016, 09:31:54 AM »
So where's the bathroom teleportation barriers?  I mean, someone who knows how to teleport could suddenly appear in any bathroom they wanted.  For that matter, what about a barrier to prevent shapeshifters from sneaking in?
Please let me know if you have problems with something I say, so that we can discuss it amicably.

Offline jdawg70

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +888/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2016, 10:31:37 AM »
So where's the bathroom teleportation barriers?  I mean, someone who knows how to teleport could suddenly appear in any bathroom they wanted.  For that matter, what about a barrier to prevent shapeshifters from sneaking in?

I sell anti-teleportation rocks for a very reasonable[1] price.  I can even demonstrate how well they work - I guarantee that you will not witness any acts of teleportation near your vicinity while you have one of these anti-teleportation rocks with you.

Buy 3 and get a free set of cable risers and gold-plated optical audio connectors.
 1. For...certain definitions of reasonable.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Jag

• Fellow
  • Darwins +354/-9
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2016, 02:30:22 PM »
Tangentially related - fallout from the original issue is rippling all over the place.

Target is one of the corporations bowing to the Gay Agenda. That has some people really upset, including the fine folks at AFA, who have started a petition to boycott Target (https://www.afa.net/action-alerts/sign-the-boycott-target-pledge/). In it, they suggest an alternative to sharing bathrooms with people they think are icky by suggesting that "Target should keep separate facilities for men and women, but for the trans community[1] and for those who simply like using the bathroom alone, a single occupancy unisex option should be provided." As far as I've been able to determine, "a single occupancy unisex option" is already the case at most, if not all Target stores. But setting that aside for a moment...

The Daily Beast has a list of other companies who should also be included in any boycott based on policies like the one Target just implemented. Life would be quite a bit different if people signing this petition were more consistent about practicing what they preach - and more than a few of them would find modern life very hard to navigate. If boycotters want to demonstrate consistency....

It's a good thing for our economy that most of the people signing the boycott are quite likely full of sh!t, and hypocritical as well.  ;D
 1. which in no way would draw any unwanted attention to a trans person who just needs to pee, not at all, don't be silly
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:32:53 PM by Jag »
“Be skeptical. But when you get proof, accept proof.” –Michael Specter

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca the Younger (4 BC - 65 AD)