Author Topic: Orlando Shooting  (Read 3001 times)

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +400/-86
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Re: Orlando Shooting
« Reply #290 on: Yesterday at 09:30:32 PM »
No a blue line comes up and no matter how many times I paste nothing pastes.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1077/-36
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #291 on: Yesterday at 10:38:45 PM »
Thank you for responding Mr Blackwell.

I haven't found an example of an official Democratic Party politician admitting openly that they want to rescind the second amendment.

Then your original premise appears to be I serious jeopardy, no?

That's not how progressive's work anyway. Amending the Constitution is a massive, collective undertaking, so if you want change, it must be whittled down over time through regulations and the occasional Supreme Court ruling.

Those Fukken libs.  Whittling shit away through regulations.  Not at all like conservatives or republican or patriots or Trumpkins or whatever the hell they're called these days.  No sir they would never, ever resort to such sneaky, underhanded dog-licking tactics.  Oh, wait...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/supreme-court-strikes-down-texas-abortion-clinic-restrictions/2016/06/27/ba55d526-3c70-11e6-a66f-aa6c1883b6b1_story.html

Aw, shit.

Under normal circumstances, a thief doesn't inform their target of their intent. The goal is to sneak it away. That's a progressive technique. 

See above.  And suck it. Because you really have blinded yourself here.

It's comparable to boiling a frog. If you drop a live frog into boiling water...it will try it's best to jump out. But, if you place the frog into a pot of room temperature water and slowly raise the heat...by the time it realizes it is in danger, it's too late to even try to jump out. 

I'm familiar with the phrase, but the idea is not factual.  But I digress.

What I do is argue in defense of every single right we have...whether I think it is morally justifiable or not.

Really?  Where have you been arguing against the SCOTUS rulings against the 4th amendment?  Where have you been arguing for more freedom of the press?  How about the third, or the tenth amendments? 

Because I hear a lot of gun guys say things like this, but in reality it seems evident they they only really defend their rights to their preferred toys. Every right wing gun nut I know despises the press and wouldn't cross the street to piss on a reporter if he was on fire, let alone defend the first amendment.

In short, I do not find these proclamations convincing.

I think all guns should be registered...like cars. With titles.

Finally!  High five and hallelujah! I totally agree.  And, like with car drivers, every gun owner should be licensed.  So when they do stupid shit, they can be dully punished.

But I don't think AR-15's are any more dangerous than an AK-47 or a Smith & Wesson® M&P 15-22 Sport .22 LR Semiautomatic Rifle – Kryptek Hyghlander or a Saturday Night special. So, all this talk about banning specific guns because they "look" menacing is ridiculous.

I agree with this too. That is why I think ALL semi-automatic weapons should be banned.  You want a gun for home defense?  That's fine.  You get one crack at it.  Two, if you go double barrel.  The semi-automatic was designed for military use.

I stand by my statement that the Democratic party want's to make it more difficult to get a gun and thus exercise our second amendment right.

Uh, dude, that wasn't your statement.
What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +235/-32
  • I find your lack of hate disturbing.
« Reply #292 on: Yesterday at 11:38:54 PM »
Thank you for responding Mr Blackwell.

It was my pleasure. Thank you for your patience.

Under normal circumstances, a thief doesn't inform their target of their intent. The goal is to sneak it away. That's a progressive technique. 

See above.  And suck it. Because you really have blinded yourself here.

No sir. I have mentioned recently that I have no use for circle jerks. I have also stated numerous times that I think both parties are equally corrupt. So...If I harped on the Republican party all I would get is just a bunch of agreement without critical thinking. Just a bunch of people saying "yup, that's right"

So. On this forum, I choose to highlight the corruption of the Democratic Party more than the Republican Party. The progressive method is utilized by both. You simply choose to believe that the Democratic Party is the lessor of two evils. I simply choose to believe that both parties are in cahoots to rob us of our constitutional rights and insulate themselves from us. Good cop, bad cop...same goal. 

What I do is argue in defense of every single right we have...whether I think it is morally justifiable or not.

Really?  Where have you been arguing against the SCOTUS rulings against the 4th amendment?  Where have you been arguing for more freedom of the press?  How about the third, or the tenth amendments?

Whenever the conversation comes up if I happen to see it.

I stand by my statement that the Democratic party want's to make it more difficult to get a gun and thus exercise our second amendment right.

Uh, dude, that wasn't your statement.

It was part of my statement.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:43:40 PM by Mr. Blackwell »