Author Topic: There's a website dedicated to keeping track of prominent homosexual homophobes  (Read 305 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +494/-49
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Specifically, it keeps track of when they came out, if it was voluntary, and if they started advocating homosexual rights, among other things. Here's the link: http://gayhomophobe.com/
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, Son of Fire, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Offline Emma286

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +43/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Interesting to know.  Certainly the first website of that kind I've learned of!

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +494/-49
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
If the average holds, a prominent homosexual homophobe should come out within a month or so.
My names are many, yet I am One.
-Orion, Son of Fire, Sol Invictus.

Religions need books because they don't have gods.

Offline Emma286

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +43/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Did it happen?  Regarding anybody who has the ability to recognise homophobia within themselves/the courage to admit to it I say good for them.  I certainly see those things as being positive!

Offline Emma286

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +43/-1
  • WWGHA Member
Actually, silly me, was easy enough to get an idea from clicking on that link again.   Can see the 27th of July 2015 is the most recent date mentioned on the front page...

Offline fringe

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-14
  • Free Spirit
checked out the website.made no sense to me. I.m not anti- or pro-gay. people can act out and believe whatever they want to, as long as they dont infringe on the rights of others to do the same. and I fail to see how putting those people on the spot will encourage others to willfully abstain from homofobic behaviour

Online wright

• Fellow
  • Darwins +134/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
checked out the website.made no sense to me. I.m not anti- or pro-gay. people can act out and believe whatever they want to, as long as they dont infringe on the rights of others to do the same. and I fail to see how putting those people on the spot will encourage others to willfully abstain from homofobic behaviour

The point is that people listed on that website went to considerable effort to infringe on the rights of others, while also engaging in the same practices they were denouncing. Such hypocrisy deserves censure and appropriate punishment.

At the very least, it makes homophobic attitudes less acceptable and indeed suspect. It probably won't change the attitude of those committed to homophobic views, but it's another increment towards marginalizing such xenophobia and prejudice.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius