Author Topic: Why would God fear your curiosity?  (Read 7728 times)

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Why would God fear your curiosity?
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 08:22:13 PM »
My children will be fine. After all, GOD is the best (Teacher) story teller there ever was, is, or will be. He is the best at everything.
Great! How about asking Him for some hot stock tips and passing them along?
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »
Can you define "love" in this context, please?
Love is more than just a chemical reaction. It is more than just a feeling. Love is an action. It is something you do because it's right.
You protect your children, You provide for your children, You care for your children. You do all of these things because you love your children. You teach your children, you correct and discipline your children. Why...? Because you love them. Some one could tell you all day long that they love you but how would you really know...? By what they do and how they do it and why they do it. Is this love limited to family...? No. But there is a correct love. And a correct way to love. It is not sex within a physical relationship. But when the correct love is applied, sex is a special and meaningful act. Where one gives themselves to another. And the meaning of marriage. Where they give themselves over to each other. Becoming one. Just as a baby is taken from both the mother and the father.

Love is what you do. You do it because it is right. Not necessarily about emotion. Forgiveness and mercy are acts of love. And there is more to it. And I am still learning everyday.

It saddens me to think of a world or even a person, where there is no love.

The Lord can show you what love is and more.

Correction, you love them in the way you imagine your god loves you.  There is no other way than through the imagination to "know" this character.  In any case, any time you answer your kids with "I don't know, just trust," then you suppress learning and critical thinking and encourage them to not only embrace blind obedience, but to teach them to suppress themselves as they get older.  This will lend ease to their being manipulated by people who really don't have their best interests in mind.

I fully trust in The Lord

Context
How is it you tell whether you morals ( if you have any) are good morals or bad morals. What determines this for you...?
This is an example of your own blind obedience and refusal to employ critical thinking.  There is no conspiracy to shape the character of your children, you haven't figured out the lie because there is no lie.  Businesses operate in a free market economy based on supply and demand.  American's are eager to purchase certain things, businesses supply them. 

No, the intent was to show that some peoples behavior and morals are not based upon what I would consider to be appropriate for my child. And that the standard for morality is higher for some and not so for others.

Does this mean Odin exists, too?  Because I exist and anything exists at all and lots and lots of people "knew" Odin did as well, they could relate to him and the other Norse Gods very easily.  It was a no-brainer for them, too.  What about Mbobo or Quetzalcoatl?  What about any of the other thousands of gods and goddesses people "knew" existed?

My GOD refers to Himself as I AM. YAH. The Father of Yahshua, The Lord Jesus Christ. The Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and The End, The First and The last. The One before whom and after whom there is no GOD.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:55:51 PM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »

So you don't care that evidence contradicts your beliefs or could contradict your beliefs?
What I care about is when evidence contradicts my beliefs when taken out of context. In which happens all of the time

Unless you're going to qualify that, then you're just using another fallacy through special pleading.

The myth claims in the bible simply never occurred; zip, natta, nothing, zilch.  History barely coincides with biblical claims in the 8th century BCE, beyond that yawheh is purely a creation and extension of polytheistic canaanite tribalism. 

That isn't supposed to be indoctrination how?
Because it's the truth.

And back to indoctrination; begging the question how is it truth?

Oh wait.. you reject any means to be able to objectively determine anything.  You can't claim anything to be 'truth' unless you demonstrate any capacity to be able to demonstrate what you claim.

GOD reveals Hi

This is a mindless self serving rhetorical platitude.  It is literally the same as saying the only people who believe the truth are those that believe the truth.  It is both a tautology and circular, to the point of being a non-answer.

Faith is a qualification inserted to justify make believe.

is taught by...

Evidence? Anything at all?

Science is not the same thing and it is taught of men.

You're gibbering, this doesn't even follow logically, you're delusional to the point that your gibberish isn't even coherent.  You're just inserting one specially pleaded qualification after another to justify what you want to believe without evidentially being able to demonstrate anything you do claim.  You're excusing yourself from responsibility of your claims.. over and over and over and over.

How are your personal religious beliefs different from being mentally insane?

How have we not come full circle to a situation where a child, not understanding your superficial sophistry filled responses, is instead subjugated by your condescending arrogance and social pressure to conform to the only authority figure it knows ( you )?
My children will be fine.

Oh so now you're admitting that you're relying on nothing more than your ability to inculcate by repetitiously repeating a dogmatic rhetoric by being unapologetic.

Congrats, but don't bother to complain when people point out your delusional and indoctrinating your children.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +940/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
[snip] After all, GOD is the best (Teacher) story teller there ever was, is, or will be. He is the best at everything.

[emphasis mine]

This sounds suspiciously like what the North Koreans are taught about that happy dictator dynasty, Kim Jong Il, Kim Il Sung and the newest L'il Stubby Son Kim. These guys are the best at absolutely everything in the world--except evidently at providing food, shelter, medicine, education and basic humanity. I use the present tense because they North Koreans are taught that their leaders never really die--they are immortal. Kinda like gods.

They are worshipped, literally, by their poor, starving subject people: they are top Olympic athletes, award-winning opera singers, better writers than Shakespeare, Nobel science geniuses, superior in every way and the source of all that is good in the world.

People get cataracts removed so they can see Dear Leader once before they die. These guys make Chairman Mao and Joseph Stalin look like President Jimmy Carter and Nelson Mandela.

This 1984 Big Brother style cult of personality is called juche, and is the only belief system allowed in North Korea. No kidding. Like most dictators, they don't want any competition from religion, philosophy, science or random free thinking. And, in true godlike fashion, they don't have to produce any damn evidence or proof of their wonderfulness, or worthiness of their trust either. Every election is unanimous! That is all the proof needed.[1]

If you need to know anything they will tell you. Don't ask any questions.  Don't go looking behind the curtain. Don't think--you might have the wrong thoughts. You must have faith. In other words, believe or die Kinda like medieval Christianity. Or life in Saudi Arabia. In other words, smart folks who want to live learn quickly to pretend.

I hear the pope is jealous.
 1. Religious people like ILU will insist that there is NO COMPARISON with human dictators...because god does not have to follow human specifications for a good leader. Like actually being available, or being fair, or being helpful, or at least providing clear, unambiguous information.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +73/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 09:13:39 PM »
Love is more than just a chemical reaction. It is more than just a feeling. Love is an action. It is something you do because it's right.
You protect your children, You provide for your children, You care for your children. You do all of these things because you love your children. You teach your children, you correct and discipline your children. Why...? Because you love them. Some one could tell you all day long that they love you but how would you really know...? By what they do and how they do it and why they do it. Is this love limited to family...? No. But there is a correct love. And a correct way to love. It is not sex within a physical relationship. But when the correct love is applied, sex is a special and meaningful act. Where one gives themselves to another. And the meaning of marriage. Where they give themselves over to each other. Becoming one. Just as a baby is taken from both the mother and the father.

This tells me nothing.  It tells me what love is not (chemical reaction, feeling). It tells me what it inspires (teach, correct, discipline).  You say it is an action.  Sneezing is an action.  I can define the act of sneezing such that if you were to observe another person acting out the specific behaviors I mentioned, you would know they were sneezing.  If love is an action, what does it look like?  I have to tell you, I'm not impressed with what you've explained to me so far because as poetic as you're trying to be, you're not actually offering me any information.  Considering some xians believe love includes shunning people and others believe love includes training oneself to be submissive to the point of wearing bruises and letting bones be broken, I can't tell what you would consider to be "love."

The Lord can show you what love is and more.

Don't preach to me again. 

That is an utterly irrelevant response to what I said. 

How is it you tell whether you morals ( if you have any) are good morals or bad morals. What determines this for you...?

Context.  I pay attention to the well-being of others and react accordingly. 

No, the intent was to show that some peoples behavior and morals are not based upon what I would consider to be appropriate for my child. And that the standard for morality is higher for some and not so for others.

I consider brainwashing children to believe in the existence of a mythological deity, fearing the possibility of eternal punishment, and being trained to suppress their own natural critical thinking to be a far greater moral crime than sex without a marriage license. 

My GOD refers to Himself as I AM. YAH. The Father of Yahshua, The Lord Jesus Christ. The Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and The End, The First and The last. The One before whom and after whom there is no GOD.

That had nothing to do with my question. 

I can see your own critical thinking skills are very poor.  I suspect you have no choice but to believe in whatever story people around you believe. 

Offline Asmoday

• Reader
  • Darwins +14/-0
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:09 PM »
What I care about is when evidence contradicts my beliefs when taken out of context. In which happens all of the time. No, in fact your science doesn't contradict my beliefs. Whether its evolutionary, historically or archaeologically. I see science as mans way of studying and examining GODS creation. When used for and with good intent. Without perversion and malicious intent of what has been already established by GOD.
I would actually like a more in depth explanation of this part actually.

It gets a bit problematic to say science does not contradict your beliefs "evolutionary, historically and archeologically" when, in fact, it has been shown that reality contradicts pretty much all of the stories in the bible.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:17:14 PM by Asmoday »
Absilio Mundus!

I can do no wrong. For I do not know what it is.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 09:52:33 PM »

Unless you're going to qualify that, then you're just using another fallacy through special pleading.

The myth claims in the bible simply never occurred; zip, natta, nothing, zilch.  History barely coincides with biblical claims in the 8th century BCE, beyond that yawheh is purely a creation and extension of polytheistic canaanite tribalism.

See... Thats the thing. If I believe that, then I have to take it on faith either way. Because I truly have no way of knowing either way. So either way I choose, I have to be willing to put my trust in that of something else other than myself. So, do I trust in GOD or do I trust in man. And I believe that by trusting in GOD first, (man) this one makes sense. but if I were to trust in man, as many of you here say GOD makes no sense.

So do I really believe that it is possible for a snake to talk, or all knowledge of good and evil came from a tree, a tower that attempted to reach the Heavens, a man being swallowed by a fish and live to tell about it, the Giant Goliath, Sampson, Lot...etc...?

First off, I'd like to say that anything is possible with GOD. But is this really what the intent and purpose is...? To be an exact detailed History Book...? Or is the intent for something of far greater importance...? Something specific...?To teach something very specifc...? Do I believe it is true and of purpose...? Absolutely, yes I do. I believe the truth is found in Jesus Christ. Whom I believe was real and did as was written of Him.

Oh wait.. you reject any means to be able to objectively determine anything.  You can't claim anything to be 'truth' unless you demonstrate any capacity to be able to demonstrate what you claim.

Your asking me to prove to you that GOD exists...? No one proves GOD other than GOD Himself.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:55:55 PM by ILOVEYOU »

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »

See... Thats the thing. If I believe that, then I have to take it on faith either way. Because I truly have no way of knowing either way.

Actually, you do.  if any of the claims were true, there would be evidence to support those claims, there isn't.  In place of evidence to support those claims, there is contradictory evidence.  There never was an army of hebrew slaves in egypt, in fact egypt never had giant armies of slaves, just as it never experienced plagues, an exodus, or anything else claimed of it biblically.

Just like it is a fact that egypt had settlements in the land of canaan well before, into, and after the period in which the exodus would have occurred.

Again, not a single ounce of faith required.  We have egyptian records, we can examine the claims of other civilizations that existed in the period, and we have archaeological evidence to support everything I'm saying and to contradict everything the bible claims.

The only way to 'deny' this is to delusionally deny that evidence can exist and to make knowledge meaningless.  You intentionally seek a qualification that makes it impossible to determine anything, precisely because you don't want to deal with the fact that its not true and doesn't confirm what you want to believe.  You're exhibiting psychological delusion.

n GOD or do I trust in man.

Demonstrate a god to put 'trust' into.  Oh wait, you've presumed a god without evidence and then when asked as to how you account for contradictory evidence, you dismiss it out of hand because you've assumed a god without evidence.

And that is somehow supposed to be answer to explain how you can tell the difference between being mentally ill and your personal religious convictions.

How is that again?

First off,..

And back to mindless gibbering.  You've returned to dogmatic authoritarian indoctrination, purely self serving platitudes that are only meaningful to an audience of people already indoctrinated.  You're so mentally ill that you can't even differentiate between the audiences of people you're speaking too.. or even identify the lack of coherence in your own claims.

Your asking me to prove to you that GOD exists...? No one proves GOD other than GOD Himself.

Great, so again.. HOW DO YOU TELL YOUR PERSONAL RELIGIOUS CONVINCTIONS FROM BEING INSANE?

HOW DO YOU QUALIFY ANY CLAIM OF KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO VALIDATE OBJECTIVELY?

All you've done is confirmed that you believe because you believe.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:05:41 PM by Omen »
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +73/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
See... Thats the thing. If I believe that, then I have to take it on faith either way. Because I truly have no way of knowing either way.

This is an untrue statement.  It would be more accurate to say you do not understand, nor do you want to understand.

Granted, it's easier to comprehend a story of a man and woman and talking snake than it is to know about biology, archaeology, history, linguistics, oceanography, astronomy, neurology, etc, etc, etc. 

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
I am trusting in GOD. And He is faithful.

You seem to be a "free lollies" type of Christian. You are faithful because God pays out... OR...

The two sentences you have written above, do not mean anything, because, to keep your faith, when things go bad, you will find other ways of interpreting them.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »
What I care about is when evidence contradicts my beliefs when taken out of context. In which happens all of the time. No, in fact your science doesn't contradict my beliefs. Whether its evolutionary, historically or archaeologically. I see science as mans way of studying and examining GODS creation. When used for and with good intent. Without perversion and malicious intent of what has been already established by GOD.
I would actually like a more in depth explanation of this part actually.

It gets a bit problematic to say science does not contradict your beliefs "evolutionary, historically and archeologically" when, in fact, it has been shown that reality contradicts pretty much all of the stories in the bible.
Asmoday,
 What I mean by this is that it isn't a stumbling block to me. And I know a lot of you have heard this many times but I'll say it again. Jesus Christ taught in parables. He is The Word. And The word became flesh. Do you see the significance here...? So I truly mean it when I say that Jesus Christ is the truth. That He is our Savior. He is the One that brings truth and gives understanding. He taught faith. Not just any faith but faith in GOD. He upheld the law and fulfilled it with love. It is He that can put it all in context for you. But if you do not believe in Him, how could it ever make any sense to you...?

And this may sound like I'm preaching to you but I am only testifying of Jesus Christ who claimed to be the truth. I believe this is true based upon my faith in GOD. And if anyone wanted to know scripture, then why go anywhere else but The Teacher Himself, The Lord Jesus Christ...? It is through Him and Him only that the truth is revealed.
By the Grace of GOD.

And if GOD is truly responsible for the magnificent wonder of The Universe and all that is within it. Surely, He knows
what it takes to make you understand. What makes you tic. And speak to you in a way you can understand and relate with, if you'd only just stop for a second and listen to Jesus Christ. He knows and has what you need.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »
He is doing nothing but preaching lately! No evidence, no logic, no rational argument, just pure preaching.

Know your audience! We are atheist, we do not believe in Jesus or God. We do not believe he is the truth, the light, blah blah blah. Those are not acceptable answers unless you can demonstrate their truth, or even their relevance to the question!

We do not allow preaching here! Do not tell us Jesus is good, he is the way, etc. You are not going to convert us. You only make yourself look pathetic.

STOP PREACHING, it is incredibly offensive!

...and moderators, STOP ALLOWING IT.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 11:43:21 PM »
He is The Word. And The word became flesh. Do you see the significance here...?

Yes, you seem to be saying that the God of the old testament failed miserably to communicate with Abraham, Moses (etc), and could not get a message of 'love' across to them by appearing to them, and hence the OT is a pile of lies.

Christianity then based its doctrine on that pile of lies.

That He is our Savior.

Why? Why not Moses? Was Moses a fake?

He is the One that brings truth and gives understanding. He taught faith.

So did Moses and Abraham.

He upheld the law and fulfilled it with love.

Whoopee. Laws that are lies and hate from Moses can be upheld by love. Who would have known?

And this may sound like I'm preaching to you

Not only sounds like, but your preaching is as flawed as Paul's logic.

but I am only testifying of Jesus Christ who claimed to be the truth.

So did Muhammad, and Moses and David Koresh.

I believe this is true based upon my faith in GOD. And if anyone wanted to know scripture, then why go anywhere else but The Teacher Himself,

Who? Moses? Mohammad?

The Lord Jesus Christ...?

Oh, that one. You like it when God spells his name 'Jesus', because then it's about love.

It is through Him and Him only that the truth is revealed.
By the Grace of GOD.

So, Moses was just whacking off?

And if GOD is truly responsible for the magnificent wonder of The Universe and all that is within it. Surely, He knows
what it takes to make you understand.

But fails miserably to communicate, because he sent Moses to tell us lies, first.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 11:57:15 PM »
I tell you what. On the end of Leviticus, Moses could have written:

PS: These crappy, barbaric laws are to be upheld by love.

Then we wouldn't need Jesus to tell us not to obey any of them.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 12:14:32 AM »
My children will be fine. After all, GOD is the best (Teacher) story teller there ever was, is, or will be. He is the best at everything.

ILY, what will you do if and when one or more of your kids lose their faith?
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 12:15:26 AM »

This is an untrue statement.  It would be more accurate to say you do not understand, nor do you want to understand.

Granted, it's easier to comprehend a story of a man and woman and talking snake than it is to know about biology, archaeology, history, linguistics, oceanography, astronomy, neurology, etc, etc, etc.
No, science is only an assumption based upon the best evidence at hand. And is considered true until new evidence comes to light that changes the assumption based upon the best evidence at hand.

So to say that you can know is false. With an 100% accuracy. Because it is subject to change at any given moment, given the discovery of any new evidence.

And that OK. I understand that. And it doesn't bother me whether or not a person believes in evolution or even The Big Bang for the matter. What bothers me is that people justify this method as an excuse to enforce their disbelief in GOD. In which, isn't possible. Not because GOD does not exist but because GOD is above mans knowledge and ways of thinking.

Seriously.... Lets say you created a song with an instrument. And sang it for your child. And your child asked, how did you make it Daddy...?

How would you answer that to your child in a way that could understand...? Would your child, who is at a young age know what you are talking about if you gave them the full technical details that was beyond there comprehension..? Or would you explain it to them in a meaningful way that they could understand in a way that they could relate with...? Explaining the more important fundamental basics...? There are so many ways a person could answer this question. But what would be the most beneficial...? Especially to a child.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 12:18:27 AM »
The two sentences you have written above, do not mean anything, because, to keep your faith, when things go bad, you will find other ways of interpreting them.
Why must I find new ways of interpreting them. Couldn't GOD interpret them how He see fit...?

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 12:21:38 AM »

Nice projection there but my trust in GOD is greater than your projection.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 12:25:17 AM »
Seriously.... Lets say you created a song with an instrument. And sang it for your child. And your child asked, how did you make it Daddy...?

How would you answer that to your child in a way that could understand...? Would your child, who is at a young age know what you are talking about if you gave them the full technical details that was beyond there comprehension..? Or would you explain it to them in a meaningful way that they could understand in a way that they could relate with...? Explaining the more important fundamental basics...? There are so many ways a person could answer this question. But what would be the most beneficial...? Especially to a child.

I'm a musician, and I'm a mother, and I've also taught music.  I'd start by showing the child how an instrument works.

If it was a piano, I'd open the front and show them the hammers.  I'd put My foot down on the damper pedal and show how the bass strings vibrate more slowly than the treble strings, and how the sound stops when the vibration stops.

Same with the guitar:  Watch the frets -- As the string gets shorter, the note gets higher.

With My clarinet, I'd show how the notes change as I cover and uncover holes, and how the levers can open holes that would be out of reach.

And I'd play notes, and let the child sing them.  Or I'd let the teddy bear sing them.  (I'm also not bad at teddy bear ventriloquism.)

I'd choose My words carefully, but I wouldn't dumb things down just because a child doesn't have a doctorate in physics or a master's in music composition.

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +73/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 12:27:04 AM »
No, science is only an assumption based upon the best evidence at hand.

Incorrect.  "Science" is "knowing."  We know by becoming familiar with a thing.  We know by observing a thing's attributes.  Assumptions are only the beginning of the scientific method.  Experimentation and falsification render those assumptions (hypotheses) true or false. 

And is considered true until new evidence comes to light that changes the assumption based upon the best evidence at hand.

From where do you get this understanding? 

So to say that you can know is false. With an 100% accuracy. Because it is subject to change at any given moment, given the discovery of any new evidence.

Are you familiar with the scientific method?  It sounds like you are not. 

And that OK. I understand that. And it doesn't bother me whether or not a person believes in evolution or even The Big Bang for the matter. What bothers me is that people justify this method as an excuse to enforce their disbelief in GOD. In which, isn't possible. Not because GOD does not exist but because GOD is above mans knowledge and ways of thinking.

If a god was above a person's knowledge and ways of thinking, how would a person know and think about him? 

sigh

I think you must think you are really deep but this is useless babbling.  It's no different than the last post you wrote to me.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »
Nice projection there but my trust in GOD is greater than your projection.

ILY, it is not projection.  It's a question, and I want an honest answer.

If your son or daughter was to come to you one day and tell you that they no longer believed whatever you had taught them, how would you react?

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2012, 12:44:44 AM »
If your son or daughter was to come to you one day and tell you that they no longer believed whatever you had taught them, how would you react?

IDK.. Good question. I suppose I would handle it the best way I know how by trusting In GOD. In the same manner I treat others. Based upon the things I've described and a persons character. Not the color of their skin or their religious belief or even sexual preference.

But just as GOD is faithful to me, He is faithful and just to my family as well. He keeps His promises.

So, that isn't something I am worried about because GOD is real.

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »
<snip>
Science isn't knowing indefinitely.

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +73/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 12:51:32 AM »
Science isn't knowing indefinitely.

Okay.  It's clear you do not comprehend the scientific method at all. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:54:35 AM by albeto »

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:42 AM »
OK guys. We are going to have to just agree to disagree at this point.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 01:06:32 AM »
Why must I find new ways of interpreting them. Couldn't GOD interpret them how He see fit...?

If your GOD actually exists in the context you pretend he does then HE could pretty damn well do whatever HE wants...I would wager.

Edit...past tense to present tense

Re-edit

HE could do whatever he wants...including testing your faith by casting doubt about HIS existence into your children's minds. GOD can do that, you know, condemn your children to eternal suffering by damnation just to test your faith in HIM. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:14:55 AM by jaybwell32 »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +223/-4
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 01:08:34 AM »

Not even remotely addressing the argument. It's like you are off around Pluto somewhere.

To what?

I trust him, too. To give us disease, corruption, cancer, viruses, death, hate.

What point? You never address any points.

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +73/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 01:31:43 AM »

There's no disagreements.  There are points and there are counter...babblings.  Srsly, you've make no actual point other than you really really believe.   

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 01:46:15 AM »
He is the best at everything.

Then we are agreed

No one can inflict pain and suffering like your GOD. HE is the best!!!!!
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.