Author Topic: My reverse testimonial  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • The messiah of mental freedom
My reverse testimonial
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:29:06 PM »
Most testimonials here are of people who converted to a religion and lived more happy.

Or people who gone atheist and lived more happy.

My testimonial is how religion f*cked me up!

I was a pretty happy agnostic person. I didn't care about religion issues at all. I didn't believe in God but also couldn't care less if he did exist.

After people around me converting to Christians and putting pressure on me every day to convert I got stress and anxiety problems.

And what's worse: they keep attributing it to Satan and don't leave me alone!

So, advice to Christians:
Jesus taught you to love people.
If you love people leave them alone.
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:43:15 PM by Lectus »
Religion: The belief that an all powerful God or gods created the entire universe so that we tiny humans can be happy. And we also make war about it.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: My reverse testimonial
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:05:39 PM »
I think you can get a product called "Demon Be Gone".  It will clear that up in no time. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 06:55:08 AM »
I think you can get a product called "Demon Be Gone".  It will clear that up in no time. ;)

Yes, Christians try to sell me stuff all the time.

A Christian tried to sell me a pillowcase for $91 claiming it had magical powers to cure anything. LOL
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:06:00 AM by Lectus »
Religion: The belief that an all powerful God or gods created the entire universe so that we tiny humans can be happy. And we also make war about it.

Offline writerstephen

• Student
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »
Where can I get MY TrueChristiantm Magical Pillowcase of Spiritual Healing??

When you say "people around you," who do you mean? Your friends? Family?

You need to make it clear how you feel about this situation. You do not want to convert and they need to respect your wishes. That is, unless you really *do* want to convert, or are undecided. If their efforts are causing anxiety, you need to remove yourself from the toxic atmosphere. It's *your* life, not theirs.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +512/-18
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:20:59 PM »
After people around me converting to Christians and putting pressure on me every day to convert I got stress and anxiety problems.

So, advice to Christians:
Jesus taught you to love people.
If you love people leave them alone.
Thanks
I see them as people with one leg who tell you how much you can save on shoes and socks if you have a leg off...
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »

Hi, have you considered seeing a health professional. Lots of people in life try to sell products you do
Not want to buy. that is normal

Being anxious about it does nit sound normal. I cant diagnose anxiety disorder but in addition to "normal"
Anxiety, people do experience biological anxiety

Alternatively, i have a bridge i can sell you.

If oeolle attribute yiur mental state to satan, those peoplle have their own issues..
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »
I'm already better after staying away from them.

Christians claim all the time that they're chased by atheists.

But I see the opposite. They chase other people.

If a boss is a fanatic Christian for example he may very well not give the job to an atheist.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »
In my experience, it's always theists knocking on my door, not taking, "No," to join thier cult. Never an atheist. If an atheist has ever knocked on my door, I don't know it, because they don't advertise it or try to shove it down your throat.

Offline TheSadCat

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 07:10:19 PM »

Hi, have you considered seeing a health professional. Lots of people in life try to sell products you do
Not want to buy. that is normal

Being anxious about it does nit sound normal. I cant diagnose anxiety disorder but in addition to "normal"
Anxiety, people do experience biological anxiety

Let's imagine that a salesperson comes to your door. This salesperson has a magnificent product they want to sell you, and they believe in their heart that it is the one product that you truly need above all others. You're not really sure what it does, apparently it can clean the kitchen, do the dishes, do the laundry, and many other things. You're aware this is bullshit, because there is no product that can by itself replace every appliance in your home.

Now imagine that as you go to close the door, you turn behind you and find your entire family standing there in disbelief and perhaps anger at the fact that you are refusing this great product. Nervously, you look at the salesperson again, but suddenly your entire neighborhood has appeared behind the salesperson, eagerly awaiting you to make your decision. Among that huge crowd is your boss, and he's looking at you disapprovingly. If you don't buy this product, you can lose your job, not to mention your reputation among practically everyone you know could plummet. On top of all that, the cost of the product is signing a contract entitling the salesperson to a lobotomy, and the "lobotomee" is YOU.

Does this sound like a normal goddamn sale to you? Does this sound like typical solicitation, of physical products, opinions, or otherwise? Christianity is not Girl Scout cookies.