Author Topic: Pat Robertson shows his Christian love again  (Read 527 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Pat Robertson shows his Christian love again
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:59:41 AM »
Pat's at it again.  He said today that it would serve the Broncos right if their new quarterback (Payton Manning) got hurt.  I guess replacing Tim Boy was a no no in God's eyes.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Pat Robertson shows his Christian love again
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:01:44 PM »
what a vile little man. But expected as a "good Christian" desperately hoping for people to be hurt so your god is validated. 

"So Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he’s been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right,"
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 01:16:08 PM »
When can we put the straightjacket on Mr. Robertson?  Or at least a ball gag.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +689/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
Well, he is a pretty horrible person. Even by Robertson's standards. For instance, he only has the childrens wing at St. Vincents Hospital in Indianapolis named after him, just because he donated some of his ill-gotten gains. His Peyback Foundations only helps disadvantaged children in three states. It doesn't help rich children anywhere. He sucked up to people by donating many thousands of dollars worth of relief supplies after Katrina, obviously something that the devil wanted him to do. And after all, he is a republican. So I've no doubt that Rev. Pat's admonition and prayers are totally justified.

Or Pat is a jerk. Hmmm, which should I pick.
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +22/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »
This just in...the entire state of Colorado has been consumed by locus..meanwhile the field where Timmy will play for the Jets will forevermord be bathed in warm sunlight, not to hot, not to cold...juuuust perfect.  :angel:
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 01:34:47 AM »
All quotes from Pat Robertson. Just because he donates a fraction of his money to helping people, his people, does not mean he isn't a jerk.

Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.

I know one man who was impotent who gave AIDS to his wife and the only thing they did was kiss.

Many of those people involved in Adolf Hitler were Satanists, many were homosexuals - the two things seem to go together.

[Planned Parenthood] "is teaching kids to fornicate, teaching people to have adultery, every kind of bestiality, homosexuality, lesbianism – everything that the Bible condemns."

"There is no such thing as separation of church and state in the Constitution. It is a lie of the Left and we are not going to take it anymore."

What is this "mac and cheese"? Is that a black thing?
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +22/-4
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 06:44:07 AM »
Well..Ol Patty is gettin up in the years so it won't be to much longer before he gets to go to that soothing hypocritical voice in the sky. I've heard the old coot on TV as far back as I can remember and back when I was a kid there were only a handful of TV stations and he didnt have a broadcast empire then so we got to watch ol Patty after cartoons or till mom came in the room and said, "turn goddammed son of a bitch off NOW!"
Damned..mom gets smarter and smarter as the years roll by. :D

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 08:17:53 AM »
Pat has graduated from "psycho zealot" to "crazy old coot".

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +22/-4
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »
I dunno...psycho zealot, old coot, goddamned son of a bitch..... aren't we being a little hard on the elderly gentleman?  Just think..if he were crossing the street and you were standing there in your handy cub scout uniform you would be compelled by GOD to help him across that street...or was it shove him into the open manhole that just happened to be shooting flames and shit from it?
So confusing... ;D

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 09:23:04 AM »
Wait, so God wanted Tim to stay in Denver? I didn't know He took such a detailed interest in NFL rosters! How does Pat know God didn't approve the trade? Maybe it's His plan to send Tim to New York, where there are so many more godless heathens to reach. In that case, the Broncos were only doing God's will. And if not, why should God smite poor Peyton Manning over it?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 09:45:43 AM »
Maybe if Payton adopts the Tebow stance after toughdowns all will be right with the football world.  Do you think God approved of the pay for hurting players thing with the Saints?  You have to wonder.  He does like to smite.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +22/-4
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 10:43:30 AM »
Don't be gettin down on violence.. after all..it's a Christian thing.  :angel:

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
Well, he is a pretty horrible person. Even by Robertson's standards. For instance, he only has the childrens wing at St. Vincents Hospital in Indianapolis named after him, just because he donated some of his ill-gotten gains. His Peyback Foundations only helps disadvantaged children in three states. It doesn't help rich children anywhere. He sucked up to people by donating many thousands of dollars worth of relief supplies after Katrina, obviously something that the devil wanted him to do. And after all, he is a republican. So I've no doubt that Rev. Pat's admonition and prayers are totally justified.

I'd go with jerk. His pros are by far outwieghed by his cons  as others have already pointed out.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 10:32:15 AM »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 10:34:47 AM »
You know, some days I wish god were real, that Jesus came back to earth, that he was truly the "god of love" SPAGers want him to be, and that he gave these morons what for for misrepresenting him and spreading their hatred. It would certainly be entertaining.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:49 PM »
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +782/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »

I'd go with jerk. His pros are by far outwieghed by his cons  as others have already pointed out.

I think people are confused by the sarcasm of the quoted post. Peyton Manning is the good guy because he has done these things for sick kids, etc. Pat Robertson wants him to get hurt because he is not openly praying on the football field all the time like the other guy.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 05:43:34 PM »
Robertson is for legalizing drugs.  Wild, huh?

After investing in marijuana fields in Honduras, wouldn't you, too?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.