Author Topic: I have a confession to make  (Read 431 times)

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
I have a confession to make
« on: March 19, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
I'm not a theist, and I'm not crazy like I've been coming across. I'm an atheist but I like to begin posting on forums in a character, just to liven things up a bit. I know it's risky and I've of course had a couple of warnings, which is why I've decided to come clean at this point. In the last half hour or so I've been feigning a gradual meltdown, and I hope that some of you have realised this and chuckled along with me.

;D

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Re: I have a confession to make
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:25:42 PM »
Just go away.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »
Not funny at all. Lying is stupid. How do expect anyone to believe you now?
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline Tinyal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +26/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »
I don't know about anyone else - but I find this very, very disappointing and not at all chuckle-worthy.  Anytime someone pretends -for the sole purpose of getting an emotional rise out of people - that's called 'Trolling' (if on internet forums), also called being a self-absorbed, egocentric jerk looking for attention from others by pretending because they feel they're not getting enough attention when they're not pretending....

Therefore - since you've succeeded in blowing any trust that may be developing with me - I haven't a clue on what to believe from you when you post.

This is not something I tolerate, but I cannot speak for others.
Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water?

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +272/-31
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 05:27:47 PM »
Ho-hum.  Another troll under the bridge.  Hey I wonder if he's from IGI!
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 06:03:40 PM »
I'm not a theist, and I'm not crazy like I've been coming across. I'm an atheist but I like to begin posting on forums in a character, just to liven things up a bit. I know it's risky and I've of course had a couple of warnings, which is why I've decided to come clean at this point. In the last half hour or so I've been feigning a gradual meltdown, and I hope that some of you have realised this and chuckled along with me.

;D

Eat a steaming bowl of dick soup, asshole.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
Trolling noted. Congratulations: you've made it that much harder for any newcomer to gain the forum regulars' trust. Goodbye.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 06:24:51 PM »
Come on, lighten up.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 06:35:02 PM »
Afraid people tend not to approve of trolling. Good that you came forward at least, but don't see why you couldn't be in the first place, if you want to play devil's advocate you don't have to do it with the dishonesty. For example, a while ago Agga set himself up as a theist on these forums to put himself in their position and play their arguments, but he was straight forward about it and we treated him no different. I guess people hate being deceived. How do we know you're not actually a theist pretending to be an atheist? Or that you're honest about anything?
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 06:37:54 PM »
Afraid people tend not to approve of trolling. Good that you came forward at least, but don't see why you couldn't be in the first place, if you want to play devil's advocate you don't have to do it with the dishonesty. For example, a while ago Agga set himself up as a theist on these forums to put himself in their position and play their arguments, but he was straight forward about it and we treated him no different. I guess people hate being deceived...assuming you're not a theist now pretending to be an atheist.

Yes I understand. It's a matter of trust, I know. But I've come out with it now, so no worries. I wasn't going to keep it up for that long anyway. I was just trying to bring a bit of humour that's all. I just like flipping out from time to time, I have a strange sense of humour, that's just my personality.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 06:42:07 PM »
Come on, lighten up.
Look asshole, about an hour before your little confession, you accused me of being dishonest and a liar. Yet, the whole time you have been here, you have been a lying sack of shit. It takes a lot of nerve to do some shit like that and then say "Come on, lighten up". No, you need to GROW UP. Wasting people's time with childish attention seeking bullshit is not welcome here, and you are now being treated with well earned contempt and scorn. I fart in your general direction.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »
Come on, lighten up.
Look asshole, about an hour before your little confession, you accused me of being dishonest and a liar. Yet, the whole time you have been here, you have been a lying sack of shit. It takes a lot of nerve to do some shit like that and then say "Come on, lighten up". No, you need to GROW UP. Wasting people's time with childish attention seeking bullshit is not welcome here, and you are now being treated with well earned contempt and scorn. I fart in your general direction.

That's a classic. Brilliant. That's the kind of humour I like. I know you're serious but I appreciate it. I fart in your general direction, excellent. Look, life's too short not to have a laugh. Like I say it's not like I was going to keep it up forever. I'm a prankster, it's in my nature, I can't help it.

Friends?

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »
That's a classic. Brilliant. That's the kind of humour I like. I know you're serious but I appreciate it. I fart in your general direction, excellent. Look, life's too short not to have a laugh. Like I say it's not like I was going to keep it up forever. I'm a prankster, it's in my nature, I can't help it.

Friends?

Wow, you're an even bigger asshole than I thought. Fuck you.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:32 PM »

Friends?

Wow, you're an even bigger asshole than I thought. Fuck you.

My humour isn't for everybody. Sorry if you took offense.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
Afraid people tend not to approve of trolling. Good that you came forward at least, but don't see why you couldn't be in the first place, if you want to play devil's advocate you don't have to do it with the dishonesty. For example, a while ago Agga set himself up as a theist on these forums to put himself in their position and play their arguments, but he was straight forward about it and we treated him no different. I guess people hate being deceived...assuming you're not a theist now pretending to be an atheist.

Yes I understand. It's a matter of trust, I know. But I've come out with it now, so no worries. I wasn't going to keep it up for that long anyway. I was just trying to bring a bit of humour that's all. I just like flipping out from time to time, I have a strange sense of humour, that's just my personality.

That's the problem when it comes down to trust...how do we even know you're being truthful right now? I understand humour and I try to bring humour (probably not very well) to my posts, but you must admit, this makes you out to be a liar more than anything. I understand practical jokes, it kind of runs in my family, my great grandad did it, my grandad did it, my dad does it and...I don't do it, ccccombo breaker I guess, I'm just terrible at keeping a straight face and am probably am crap at it anyway. ;)

If this really was meant as a joke, I guess it's just poor form, as you said yourself, it was a risk, but that risk has backfired. People don't like being lied to, I know I pulled an April fools a while back on here pretending I was converting to Scientology, but I already had established a relationship with the forum and I think it was obvious to some...plus, April First, you've got to expect it. If you really are being honest right now, just learn from it. I accept people are human and therefore stupid, but every time we're stupid we have the opportunity to become less stupid. ;)

If you're not being honest, well, learn from it anyway...honesty goes a long way.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 07:12:03 PM »
kymer,

Friendly advice.  Take a deep breath.  Read some threads, participate in a reasonable manner, and stop engaging members here in this topic.  You've done what you set out to do, and explained it, and now if you really want to participate, you need to chill and let the members see what you intend to do here going forward.

Obviously not everyone is thrilled, including myself, but we have seen all sorts of stuff over the years, so this isn't breaking any new ground.  Going forward is up to how you choose to do it.

Jetson

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »
kymer,

Friendly advice.  Take a deep breath.  Read some threads, participate in a reasonable manner, and stop engaging members here in this topic.  You've done what you set out to do, and explained it, and now if you really want to participate, you need to chill and let the members see what you intend to do here going forward.

Obviously not everyone is thrilled, including myself, but we have seen all sorts of stuff over the years, so this isn't breaking any new ground.  Going forward is up to how you choose to do it.

Jetson

I agree. We must move forwards, not backwards. We must look to the future for inspiration. We should not let the mistakes of the past stop us from opening new doors, and exploring new horizons. We must come together in the spirit of unity and never look back. I extend my hand in friendship to everyone here, and together we can achieve anything.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 07:22:15 PM »

I agree. We must move forwards, not backwards. We must look to the future for inspiration. We should not let the mistakes of the past stop us from opening new doors, and exploring new horizons. We must come together in the spirit of unity and never look back. I extend my hand in friendship to everyone here, and together we can achieve anything.

Umm, yeah...dial it back to 8.   8)

11 is reserved for Spinal Tap.