Author Topic: Satanism and its five basic levels...  (Read 942 times)

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-1
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
Re: Satanism and its five basic levels...
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 11:19:54 PM »
Jesus Christ is Deity. He died for your sins on Calvary's cross, was buried and rose again.

*Meh* Dad hung on Yggdrasil with a spear in His side for nine days and nights (Vóluspá 137-138).  I find your mythology somewhat underwhelming.

I am a believer in Christ. I pray that you might believe too.

Oo!  Oo!  Godfight!  (Springy G cracks Her knuckles and reaches for Her oath-ring)

<Harry Callahan>I know what you're thinking. "Is that a +6 ring or only +5?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a an enchanted Ring of Truth, the most powerful magical item  of its kind in the world, and would blow everything you believe straight to Niflheim, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?</Harry Callahan>
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »
as someone said

if satan is busy punishing all the bad guys, doesn't that make him a good guy?
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2012, 11:24:38 PM »
So back to the subject...There are Satanists on here. Thankyou for coming forward. I couldnt get that out of one of the moderators before..a few years ago. Not interested in conversing with fakes behind screens who are sarcastic and cant have intelligent conversations. Night!

Cool. So, my question would be, what was the point of this thread? If you wish to talk about all the aspects of Satanism, then feel free. If you wish to "convert" me away from "Satan Worship", since I don't believe in any gods, I have no problems discussing you one on one.

If all this was, was for proving a point or to hold a pre-conceived agenda that atheists are really devil worshippers, judging by this post, good night indeed! If you are serious about this subject, I'll see you tomorrow, and I don't appreciate you calling the fellow posters here fakes and can't have intelligent conversations. From my experience, they are anything but fake. Give them a chance and be open-minded. You may learn something of great value!

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2012, 11:26:34 PM »
as someone said

if satan is busy punishing all the bad guys, doesn't that make him a good guy?

One of the shocking things I read when I was a Christian was that in the OT, Satan was a personal angel/servant of God, so yes indeed Satan is a "good guy" in comparison to God. It wasn't until the Jesus bullshit that Satan became a bad guy at all.

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 01:00:48 AM »
So back to the subject...There are Satanists on here. Thankyou for coming forward. I couldnt get that out of one of the moderators before..a few years ago. Not interested in conversing with fakes behind screens who are sarcastic and cant have intelligent conversations. Night!

I confess that I was a bit sarcastic, but that was because you started it. I didn't know that you were serious about the bible's scientific connection. Usually intelligent folks dont assert that openly.

Wonderful infiltration strategy and courageous exit. You are an inspiration, minstrels will sing songs about you.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 01:46:50 AM »
Tate

You keep using the plural, satanists. As for as I know, only DOL says he is. So we have one. I am not aware of others. Is it really really important to you that there are a bunch of satanists, or are you willing to work with the one we have. Who states clearly that his satanism has nothing to do with your god?

Just wondering how far you're going to take your imaginary religion here.
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +90/-0
  • oyeme
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 02:09:46 AM »
Yeah, personally I rejected the existence of satan along with the whole of Christianity before I let go of my belief in the possibility of a god.  As for the meaning of my handle, Timo is short for Timoteo, which is a variant of the Greek Timotheos, the name from which Timothy is also derived.  It's also a name found in the Bible that means "honoring God" according to the wikipedia machine.  Take from that what you will.

Peace and love
pero ya tu sabes...

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +369/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2012, 04:44:06 AM »
After studying the religion of Satanism, I have began to ponder why many on this site who deny God take pride or interest in satanic pictures and nicknames....So lets test the waters..

Satanism:
Level 1 Lower level satanists are often taught that there isnt any God or devil. They(Church of Satan501c3), say that satan is an archetype..he is just symbolic and doesnt really exist...but only for an object of investing meaning and emotional content.

Level 2 Mid-Level satanism teaches one that satan is real but not evil...and that he is just misunderstood.

Level 3 Upper-level recieve the next level "truth"..Satan is evil...but his evil is better than what God has offered.

Level 4 Magister or Master Level ...Satan is the rightful god of the universe, who draws power from suffering, perversion and death.

Level 5 ha ha...You cant handle it...

Are any professing atheists in this forum into Satanism?

What is your basis for these alleged "levels" of Satanism?  I could just as easily assert that the levels are like this:

Level 1: Novice: Satan is the malevolent enemy of a perfect and holy God.

Level 2: Apprentice: Satan is evil, but also cool, and a terrific way to freak out your parents! (Metal-heads and Goths operate at this level)

Level 3: Magus: Satan is a Promethean hero, maligned by Yahweh's propagandists (Bible writers), and Yahweh is the true Lord of Darkness

Level 4: Illuminatus: Satan is Yahweh's Lavrentiy Beria.  He works for Yahweh as a false opposition to ferret out rebels and see that they are punished.  See also: 1984, by George Orwell.

Level 5: Alethean: Level 4 represents the most consistent interpretation of "Satan" in Biblical writings, but both he and Yahweh are only mythological characters.

Can you provide any actual evidence that your "levels" are more accurate than mine, or any arbitrary set that anyone else here could come up with?
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 05:55:15 AM »
During the Satanic Panic of the 1980s (started by Michelle Remembers) one of the Satan Hunters gave their own 4 levels.  It was something like this:

Kids who listen to heavy metal and spray Blue Oyster Cult graffitti.
Dungeons and Dragons players.  (Maybe this was step one.)
Pedophiles.
Serial killers.
People who have actually achieved magic powers.

The book Satanic Panic was written Jeffrey Victor, a police detective who was initially convinced by the presentations of what he called "the cult cops" but started having, now-wait-a-minute moments.  It's probably still at the local library and I could check the details.  He chuckled at the idea that there is an organization that could recruit and graduate you thru these levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_ritual_abuse#As_a_moral_panic
Jeffery Victor says that in the United States the groups most likely to believe rumours of SRA are rural, poorly educated religiously conservative Protestant blue-collar families with an unquestioning belief in American values who feel significant anxieties over job loss, economic decline and family disintegration. Victor considers rumours of SRA a symptom of a moral crisis and form of scapegoating for economic and social ills.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:00:21 AM by Historicity »

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 06:05:28 AM »
I can show you some scriptures that would prove to me that the author of the bible would be divinely inspired...science in the bible before men had a common understanding.

Ok. Let's see it. But do try to be original, as we've all seen similar claims before, and I, at least, have little interest in rehashing already debunked claims. Some of the small number of Muslims who've visited here have also tried this approach in regards to their own holy book, but their arguments have not been any better than the Christians'.

There is also "Vedic science" taught in India that electrons, protons and neutrons can be found in their Scriptures.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 06:10:10 AM »
1) Zeus is the god of the sky.
2) The sky exists.
3) Therefore, Zeus exists.

Robert Anton Wilson put it this way:

1) There is rain.
2) Therefore there must be a Rain-er.
3) Zeus, of course.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »
I’ve never really understood the lure of the concept of “evil.”  I don’t think it is sexy or exciting.  I know people who’ve been drawn to it as a sort of metaphor.  Black leather, (which I like quite a bit), motorcycles, BDSM lifestyle and whatnot.  All that is fine.  Perhaps I have a very superficial view of it all. 

I do understand the lure of secret knowledge.  Everyone loves shared secrets.  And “moving up through the levels” is a concept that is built into our social structure.  Our educational system is built on completing a grade and moving up to the next.  Even video games build on the concept. 

But where I get lost with this example of Satanism is that what is “revealed” in each level seems to contradict what was learned in the previous level.  How could you even adopt the first level, if you know that in order to succeed and move up, you would learn that everything the first level is based on is a lie? 

I guess I have seen real evil.  Real pain.  Massacre survivors.  Torture survivors.  Those who perpetuate it  are often victims of it themselves.  It is a sad sort of cycle, the powerless striving to not be powerless.  The oppressed becoming the oppressors.  It is not sexy. 

I’ve always been driven to try and “do good” and strive to improve the world around me, one family and one neighborhood at a time.  And I can do it in a black leather jacket, if I want to.