Author Topic: good to know ur retarded [#630]  (Read 432 times)

Offline DL

good to know ur retarded [#630]
« on: November 05, 2008, 09:42:06 PM »
Posted in a public comment area one day ago:

----

good to know ur retarded... just pm me ur random ?'s w/o putting em in a 6 hr video and ill answer em...

lets see this post not be removed a week from now

and p.s. pm me bitch... do it, i dare ur scared ass

----

He received a polite email inviting him to the forum

Offline DL

Re: good to know ur retarded [#630]
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:47:51 PM »
1. Why wont God heal amputees?

2. Why are there so many starving people in our world?

3. Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people?

4. Why does the Bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense?

5. Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the bible?

6. Why do bad things happen to good people?

7. Why didn't any of Jesus' miracles in the Bible leave behind any evidence?

8. How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you?

9. Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood?

10. Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians?

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 09:52:49 PM »
If I did P.M. you all it would turn in to would be one side rational with the other side making sorry excuses, yelling, obscenities, and foolhearty attempts to pull evidence and proof from a holy book. Guess which side is which?  And then after the yelling and screaming because you couldn't come up with a rational response without using the phrases: "You have to have faith", "You're going to hell for this", "You're evil", or my personal favorite, "God/Jesus was real because the Bible says so."  I wouldn't even waste my time.

But take my challenge.  Come to the forum and share your ideas with us.  It would be a lot more dignified and you would have a wider audience.  What do you say?

And before you come to the forum, brush up on your english skills.  Last time I checked, "ur", "em", and "ill" are not words correctly used in the context of your message. I believe you meant to say, "you're", "your", "them", and "I'll."  That kind of defamation of the language will get you nowhere in here.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline DL

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 10:30:51 PM »
OP responds vial email:

---

to begin, ill assume ur an intelligent atheist or agnostic or whatever you choose to call yourself.
therefore, u must understand the concept that God created or evolved all creatures with a brain or to serve a basic function, if you want to get technical. If God wanted everyone to be a puppet worshiper, every man, woman, and child would be the same. But instead He chooses to allow you to think for yourself because he wants to see how you choose to act.

with that in mind the answers to the questions

1. If God did, faith in him would once again become blind, and he wishes for people to use their morals to decide their beliefs.

2. If God did, faith in him would once again become blind, and he wishes for people to use their morals to decide their beliefs.

3. If God did, faith in him would once again become blind, and he wishes for people to use their morals to decide their beliefs.

4. The Bible was written by HUMANS when scientific knowledge was way more primordial than today.

5. There is nothing wrong with slavery, it has just been downcast in today's politically correct society.

6. Because bad people exist, and they make bad things happen to good people.

7. They did, the sick were healed. But, there is no way to point at one rock or one cave and say 'There! I proved Christianity'

8. If God did, faith in him would once again become blind, and he wishes for people to use their morals to decide their beliefs.

9. So they would all have a part of Jesus inside of them and equally partake in the suffering he is bearing upon himself to save humanity.

10. Some Christians choose to wed someone and choose to demand a divorce later. But, God chooses not to directly intervene, because He would rather you use your morals to define his existence.

Offline Idioteque

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:11:09 PM »
Same tired answers that have had the holes punched in them a thousand times. Is that the best you can do?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 12:30:43 AM »
to begin, ill assume ur an intelligent atheist or agnostic or whatever you choose to call yourself. therefore, u must understand the concept that God created or evolved all creatures with a brain or to serve a basic function, if you want to get technical.

And right there your argument is false and a massive fail.  And I quote, "to begin, ill assume ur an intelligent atheist or agnostic blah blah blah... therefore, u must understand the concept that God created or evolved all creatures blah blah blah..."

As an atheist I believe that God didn't create a damn thing.  So why would you have to set up your criteria that I would believe something that by logic I know doesn't exist?
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline spider

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • ATT ambassador
    • Atheist Think Tank
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 12:58:45 AM »
How can it be "blind faith" when it's based on evidence?  The answers to 1, 2, 3 and 8 are non-sequiturs.   It seems like believing without seeing is the definition of blind faith.

Offline Shakaib

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:35 AM »
The Bible was written by HUMANS when scientific knowledge was way more primordial than today.

Good you admit that, unlike VenomFangX who says it's the most Scientific book in the world!!