Author Topic: Great paradox I never thought of before. Christians how do you answer?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member

Found this gem yesterday  :laugh:

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
And then would the rapist get his fifty sheckles back?
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
And then would the rapist get his fifty sheckles back?

Apart from all the other things that are wrong about this whole thing, there's yet another one: if a woman is a virgin and gets raped, she's still a virgin.  A virgin is someone who has never had sex.  Rape is not sex.  If you whack someone on the head with a frying pan, you don't call it "cooking".
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
The old goat herders didn't consider a virgin to be a woman that had not had sex,
It was any woman who had never laid with a man, forced or otherwise.

If they were single and did not have their hymen, they were only good for stoning.
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Did oral count? :?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
The old goat herders didn't consider a virgin to be a woman that had not had sex,
It was any woman who had never laid with a man, forced or otherwise.

If they were single and did not have their hymen, they were only good for stoning.

Right, I know, and that's just another thing that's wrong about it.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
I just put it on a local church's FB wall  trololol

We will see how long it stays up.  Link to their wall below.  I guess you have to copy/paste the link to work

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/lifechurchtvtulsa?sk=wall

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
How about this one: if a virgin guy is raped by another guy, do they have to get married? Do you stone the rapist for being gay? Do you stone the raped guy for not being a virgin? Do you give the rapist Lot's daughters? Who gets the fifty sheckels? :? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline BobC

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
If the victim is a former lesbian who has been 'corrected' by one of the forward thinking pioneers of 'corrective rape' here in South Africa then she should obviously jump at the chance to marry her 'corrector', I mean it's the least she could do to show her gratitude to the man who saved her from such a shameful life.... :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_violence_in_South_Africa#Corrective_rape

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
Yikes. I might suggest a little "corrective castration" but it might be taken the wrong way..... &)