Author Topic: My wife's idea  (Read 7210 times)

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +781/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Re: My wife's idea
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2012, 10:26:57 PM »
Christian prayer makes sense under my hypotheses that god is so old he's senile. ;)

The christians have to constantly conjole him into doing "his will" in order to gain what they want. Otherwise he'd just wander off in heaven and get lost somewhere.

He'll turn up at the nearest Starbucks, so it's okay.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »
On a cinnamon roll?

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +124/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »
Miss you,  Magicmiles... are you still out there?
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +685/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »
Magic isn't here, LoriPink, but he has been as hanging out over at ATT (http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php) and posting occasionally.Yesterday even. He'd love to hear from you, I'm sure. And check out the "christmas" thread they've got going over there. He posted photos of his wife and kids. He's way too happy...
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +618/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2012, 08:00:36 PM »
He's way too happy...

Ignorance is bliss.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +204/-4
  • I did haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2012, 07:18:07 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfzoxkBjupI

He's definitely pushing for a defriendtion, because he has taken to photographing himself naked at arm's length.
I strive for clarity, but aim for confusion.

Offline SHIN KAIRI

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +3/-22
  • Making atheists cry since 1991
    • PURE TRUTH
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
Discussing this forum with my wife recently (she thinks I'm wasting my time, but anyway...), she had this analagy:

Often when we encounter a homeless person who asks for money, our inclination is to instead buy them a meal. Not what they asked for, but what we decided was best for them.

It's possible to apply that to God with any sort of prayer request - He will do what He knows to be in our best interests, even if we don't agree or see the reason.

Just a thought. Have a good weekend.
Actually that's really old news. Good for her if she just thought of that...
Presuppositionalism wins everytime

Nietzsche : "Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Making atheists cry since 1991

This will save ur life : https://www.facebook.com/notes/nuno-os%C3%B3rio/pure-truth/74076103182

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +22/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #94 on: Today at 12:01:40 PM »
I spent the past year in homeless shelters so I have a good deal of empathy for homeless people and when someone asks me for change it really depends on the bullshit story about food or whatever. It's nearly impossible to starve here if you can walk about 3 blocks in any direction so I'll occasionally give them change if the bullshit story is good enough. I don't usually believe it, but if someone has enough balls to approach total strangers with a good enough bullshit story I look it as entertainment and if I have a pocket full of change I'll give them some and the card to the homeless coalition I always keep in my wallet..  I like to be entertained, but once I give someone a buck it's theirs to blow however they want. I'm not going to follow them around all day pretending I know what's best for them. For all I know they might be going through any number of horrible things. They could be about to kill someone to support a heroin habit for all I know. Maybe that dollar will save some poor suckers life, I don't know.
Hey, pray your sandwich you buy him doesn't have salmonella in it and doesn't kill the poor sucker.
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!