Author Topic: god gets the credit again  (Read 299 times)

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
god gets the credit again
« on: June 27, 2014, 01:30:04 PM »
Found on facebook...looking at the photo, it almost looked like a miraculous healing of an amputation, but yet again, the doctor does the work and god gets the credit.

MIRACLE - Yesterday afternoon Sean tried to catch a football and it ripped off his finger. Most of his finger was hanging by the skin of the knuckle. A surgeon was called in to the ER for a traumatic amputation. Sean's finger was cold with no blood flow. But this surgeon is a praying man. He prayed the whole time and SAVED Sean's finger!! Meanwhile … I was trying to get to the hospital and praying that God would bring the right doctor. Sean says as soon as the doctor - through much effort - got the bones back in place he could feel his finger again. Here's the before and after! God is the Healer!!

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: god gets the credit again
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »
So the finger was all there... Where exactly is the miraculous healing part? If the surgery had been performed by an atheist, would it become the work of the devil or something?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 01:53:20 PM »
If god is "The Healer", then taking the kid to a surgeon was rather pointless, wasn't it?  Just pray, go to bed, and wake up the next morning with a fully healed finger.  It's not like the surgeon's training and years of experience had anything to do with it, right?
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »
^Think of how much insurance could be saved too.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 10:45:46 PM »
   It's a dislocation. General anesthetic and a muscle relaxant, traction to reduce the bones, a splint for some weeks followed by a cast after the swelling goes down, then some occupational therapy and VOILLA a miracle has happened.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 12:28:31 AM »
Found on facebook...looking at the photo, it almost looked like a miraculous healing of an amputation, but yet again, the doctor does the work and god gets the credit.

MIRACLE - Yesterday afternoon Sean tried to catch a football and it ripped off his finger. Most of his finger was hanging by the skin of the knuckle. A surgeon was called in to the ER for a traumatic amputation. Sean's finger was cold with no blood flow. But this surgeon is a praying man. He prayed the whole time and SAVED Sean's finger!! Meanwhile … I was trying to get to the hospital and praying that God would bring the right doctor. Sean says as soon as the doctor - through much effort - got the bones back in place he could feel his finger again. Here's the before and after! God is the Healer!!

Prayer is a very basic form of meditation. It can often get you to calm down and concentrate at the task in hand. I can't tell you how many times I prayed (in my Christian years) after getting angry when working on vehicles...the prayer would get me to calm down and focus on the task at hand, and it would move forward with little issue.

God gets the credit, but God still doesn't get to exist.
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline johnrain

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 05:25:43 AM »
Three weeks ago, I had a pinched nerve in my neck and the pain was so bad I wanted to die. I prayed and begged God to take the pain away IMMEDIATELY. It did not go away after I prayed. A little while later. a good samaritan gave me Motrin then hours later I went to the Chiropractor. Today, the pain is almost gone, but should I give God the credit or is it all due to the kind person who gave me Motrin and the Chiropractor and Physical Therapists?

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 06:20:55 AM »
Three weeks ago, I had a pinched nerve in my neck and the pain was so bad I wanted to die. I prayed and begged God to take the pain away IMMEDIATELY. It did not go away after I prayed. A little while later. a good samaritan gave me Motrin then hours later I went to the Chiropractor. Today, the pain is almost gone, but should I give God the credit or is it all due to the kind person who gave me Motrin and the Chiropractor and Physical Therapists?

What seems to happen. in the Christian mindset, is they still give god the credit for sending along the good Samaritan with Motrin. And then guiding the chiropractor's hands.