Author Topic: Moroccan Girl Kills Herself - Judge Forced Her To Marry Rapist  (Read 776 times)

Offline IAmFirst

• Reader
  • Darwins +6/-0
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/03/14/200577.html

No shit. What a waste of life, land and justice.

A 16-year-old Moroccan girl has committed suicide after a judge ordered her to marry her rapist, according to Moroccan media reports.

Last year Amina’s parents filed charges against their daughter’s rapist, a man 10 years older than her but it was only recently that a judge in the northern city of Tangier decided that instead of punishing him, the two must be married.

The court’s decision to forcibly marry Amina to her rapist was supposed to “resolve” the damage of sexual violation against her, but it led to more suffering in the unwelcoming home of her rapist/husband’s family.
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Re: Moroccan Girl Kills Herself - Judge Forced Her To Marry Rapist
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 11:16:44 PM »
What a crazy f*cking world we live in.  It's just nuts. >:(
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +817/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »
Stuff like this is simultaneously tragic, horrid, avoidable and sad.

I wish I could joke about what Santorum would have done or what Limbaugh would have said. But someone died, so I can't.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline pingnak

• Reader
  • Darwins +34/-3
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 11:20:47 PM »
And of course, by the beliefs those folks live by, she dies over and over again for eternity.

Of course, still probably better than being raped over and over again as 'justice'.

Limbaugh would've called her a slut.  A dirty, dirty whore. 

Both would consider her a sinner who deserves hell, not least for failing to be born into a Christian family.

I'm not joking.

Offline Rustybeatz

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 11:23:02 PM »
Here is proof that people still live like the Old Testament is something to live by.  Scary if you ask me.  And absolutely ridiculous and sad.

Offline IAmFirst

• Reader
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:30:06 PM »
Oh, now should we really be mad at this? Why God wants this! He even demands the man gives 50 shekels! That's fair!

GOD: "28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days."

Oh, how he looks after us. Especially women.  &)
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 08:01:07 AM »
How does this make sense in any time period?  I'm going to assume the judge doesn't have a daughter because I couldn't see how any caring parent would want this on their kids.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 09:34:29 AM »
In the same situation I'd have suicided if I couldn't run away. This is disgusting and horrible and terribly tragic. Old, sexist, patriarchal laws like this royally piss me off. Don't get me started on genital mutilation and other such lovely practices either. Damn it.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 10:03:10 AM »
how awful.  and 100 quatloos that our erstwhile theists will not even dare look at this thread
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 10:10:27 AM »
How does this make sense in any time period?  I'm going to assume the judge doesn't have a daughter because I couldn't see how any caring parent would want this on their kids.

oh, but it's perfectly possible that the judge has a daughter. Quran says that sons are a blessing from Allah ... daughters ... hm, they're ... erm ... not sons. Daughters are something you hang on to until you can sell them off.
Muslims will tell you that women have more rights in islam than in christianity. True, but then again, christians rarely follow the bible to the letter.
Which leaves islam 14 centuries behind the western world when it comes to women's rights.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »

Muslims will tell you that women have more rights in islam than in christianity. True, but then again, christians rarely follow the bible to the letter.
Which leaves islam 14 centuries behind the western world when it comes to women's rights.

I don't know which religion gives women the most rights but I do know that secular law is the only one that gives women equal rights and that trumps any and all religions.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »
Fuck me, there was a part of me that still thought that this was a part of the Old Testament that is ignored these days. Insane.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +300/-32
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 03:10:22 PM »
It may be largely ignored, but it's still printed a billion times over and keeps on being printed.  Christians who promote the Bible are responsible for promoting that piece of it, too.  Unless they want it taken out.  Try getting one to support that sometime.  It's fun.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »
how awful.  and 100 quatloos that our erstwhile theists will not even dare look at this thread

This thread?  Probably not, but I've seen it elsewhere (Huffington post, Facebook) and the general kickback I see from the heavily religious is that it's all the fault of those horrible barbaric Muslims.  Real American Christians totally condemn stuff like this, also It's Obama's fault somehow.

Dunno what I'd do with that many quatloos anyway.[1]
 1.  Now in an epic off topic memory; I used to work on that show, and actually had a bunch of latniums that I used to hand out to my geek friends.  There is a trick to knowing if it's from the shop or a knock off.  Ah, good times.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 02:25:15 AM »
The headline says it all. Just more reason to rid the world of theism.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 09:08:10 AM »

This thread?  Probably not, but I've seen it elsewhere (Huffington post, Facebook) and the general kickback I see from the heavily religious is that it's all the fault of those horrible barbaric Muslims.  Real American Christians totally condemn stuff like this, also It's Obama's fault somehow.

Dunno what I'd do with that many quatloos anyway.[1]
 1.  Now in an epic off topic memory; I used to work on that show, and actually had a bunch of latniums that I used to hand out to my geek friends.  There is a trick to knowing if it's from the shop or a knock off.  Ah, good times.

oh yes, that's expected.  of course Real American Christians have no idea that their bible advocates teh exact same thing, as we all know.   &)
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
^As I was reading the comments in the article yesterday, there was a person trying to tell the Christians that their Bible does say a person must marry their rapist.  They even gave them chapter and verse I believe.  It seemed as if the Christians had never heard of it before.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline pingnak

• Reader
  • Darwins +34/-3
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 07:44:20 PM »
Many of the most hideous things in Islam came from the Buybull that they based the religion on.