Author Topic: Gullibility Test  (Read 517 times)

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
Gullibility Test
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:32:48 AM »
The Gullibility Factor test
In this simple, anonymous test, you can assess your own Gullibility Factor (GF) score. Simply answer TRUE or FALSE to the following questions, click SUBMIT, and your score will be instantly calculated and displayed along with an explanation and the correct answers.

http://www.naturalnews.com/gullibility.html

My score = 85.
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +73/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
Re: Gullibility Test
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:38:17 AM »
Same here. 85.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »
85 here too..missed the hydrogen one and, duh..the atomic bomb one and one other.
Hint: pick false for 85% of em. &)
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »
85 here too..missed the hydrogen one and, duh..the atomic bomb one and one other.
Hint: pick false for 85% of em. &)

Searched for a religious gullibility test, but the above was all I could find.  :laugh:
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:30:49 PM »
True or false... They can see you naked in your house with them computer things.. ;D

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
A lot of the stuff I hadn't heard much information about. I scored 79, so I'm slightly more gullible than you lot.

Some of the true answers I was surprised by...well half surprised.

I knew the democracy one and the food colourants, the one about inflation is obvious - I mean just look at the Weimar government. There were some other obvious ones.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »
How did you score on them being able to see you naked at home with them computer things?  :o

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +186/-8
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »
Oh, sh*t...I'll be right back...got to go put some clothes on. :-[
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
Oh, sh*t...I'll be right back...got to go put some clothes on. :-[
To late Nick..you're plastered all over facebook and twitter..

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 06:21:19 PM »
EDIT: Am I the only one who didn't believe most of the things the website claims are true (and I mean even after reading the website's claims)?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:30:36 PM by Lucifer »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +772/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
I got an 88, but then they called me a freethinker. A**holes.

I charge for my thoughts, and always will. This is America!

Lucky for WWGHA that I never use my brain when I'm here. Otherwise you guys would be broke.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +566/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 06:31:15 PM »
Scored a 79.  I was thrown off by a few.  For example, I know that cattle are fed "recycled" nitrates, but the "recycled dead pets" thing seemed (and still seems) more like an urban legend.  I didn't know what carmines were (I'd never heard of them before).  While I answered the question about surgical procedures incorrectly, that was more because I felt they would at least be checked to see if they were safe or effective than because I thought they had to be proved so.  I also didn't know about sodium nitrates or gas hydrates.  I find the "patenting human genes" thing extremely iffy, not because I have any faith that someone wouldn't try to patent it if they thought they could get away with it, but because if they actually tried to charge people with "patent violations" for having children, nobody would stand for it (in other words, whatever they might think, they're not so foolish as to actually try to charge parents fees for the "patent" they hold).  And I also find the "cure for cancer" thing to be iffy.

It's not bad for entertainment, but did anyone else notice their links for other articles on their site, as well as the ads for their "Spam Filters" book?  In other words, while I don't doubt much of what they say is true (I've found confirmation of some things elsewhere), I'm not so gullible to believe everything without verified sources.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
EDIT: Am I the only one who didn't believe most of the things the website claims are true (and I mean even after reading the website's claims)?

Nope....73.  Shall I go jump off of a cliff?  I may be that gullible!

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 06:37:33 PM »
If it's on a website test it has to be true...right?  :?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 06:39:09 PM »
Nope....73.  Shall I go jump off of a cliff?  I may be that gullible!

To me those claims just sounded like conspiracy theory babble. Crystals from which hydrogen can be safely extracted[1], cures for cancer, fluoride from toxic sources (thus implying that it's poisoning people), cattle being fed things that it probably shouldn't be...
I'll jump off of that cliff with you... I just need a parachute. :P
 1. Hydrogen is highly unstable.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 06:40:55 PM »
I scored 68.

I hereby propose that the word gullible be removed from our dictionaries and the word trusting used twice.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 06:41:32 PM »
85%

That's why Americans pay more for prescription drugs than any country in the world: sometimes 30,000% or more over the actual cost of drug ingredients. And what about drug R&D costs? Much of the research used by drug companies is actually paid by taxpayer dollars.

This is true. They are called patents. If you make a whole bunch of drug substance, it gets cheaper per kilo even if you sell it at cost to third world countries. Very little of R&D is done directly by the government. We use chemical reactions invented at universities, but the actual structure was not invented there. All patents say where the drug was invented.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »

This is the true test. If you're gullible enough to believe your own gullibility score then in reality you score a big fat '0'.

Oh and it means faeries are real.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:48 PM »
The world is a conspiracy! We are all trapped in a conspiracy against ourselves! Help!

Offline ILOVEYOU

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-76
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 09:16:17 PM »
82%

Within the top 5%.

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 11:56:44 PM »
82%  and I am also skeptical about some of the true answers.

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +75/-1
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 12:05:57 AM »

This is the true test. If you're gullible enough to believe your own gullibility score then in reality you score a big fat '0'.

Oh and it means faeries are real.

Bingo. Especially considering that it's on an alternative medicine site that promotes homeopathy, acupuncture,  chiropractic and similar quackery and woo, while panning actual medical science. If you want a high score, just pick the answer on every question that seems most likely to appeal to conspiracy theorists and believers in quack medicine. You'll be way up there. This does not mean that you should intentionally try to pick wrong answers on every question, but only intentionally pick the wrong answer in those cases where it better satisfies the "woo-ish" test. If you try that, you might notice that this strategy pretty consistently consistently favors "false", suggesting a possible shortcut of just ignoring the questions and clicking "false" on everything. I tried that shortcut. It gave me a score of 100% and says I'm a "freethinker". Normally I'd consider that a complement, but coming from these nutjobs, not so much.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:07:49 AM by Willie »

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 03:34:56 AM »
What? You mean internet tests can just contain any old bullshit? Well...we need to get busy with the official bible test for True ChristiansTM because even though I might be dumb I ain't plumb dumb and I do know this site has a few folks who could wrap those Xtians with less than stellar academic records tighter than the rubber band inside a golf ball. :o

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 03:56:04 AM »
What? You mean internet tests can just contain any old bullshit? Well...we need to get busy with the official bible test for True ChristiansTM

I thought they already had that - it's called the Republican Primaries.....

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
Wanna know my score? (I feel I already know the answer but I asked anyway)

It was 58 and most of them were guesses because I didn't know most of them.

Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
Shouldn't there be a gullibilty tax that ACTUALLY benefits the rest of society besides just republicans and churches?

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 02:46:18 PM »
82 not bad. Time to take the red pill apparently. I think one or two of the questions were a bit vague.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »
82 and no. Many of the questions are impossible to answer and some of the facts are little more than someone's idea.

Others are over-sensationalised, "Learn more shocking information at the sodium nitrite page on naturalnews.com." I don't want "shocking information" I want facts.

And others are misleading: "There is no cure for cancer.
FALSE. There are, in fact, many proven cures for cancer used all around the world with excellent results. Nearly every indigenous culture has at least one cure for cancer, including the American Indians, Australian Aboriginees, Peruvian natives, and so on. " This is bollocks. It is also illegal to publish cancer cure claims like this in the UK.

I could go on at length, but, instead, I awarded myself the extra 18 points to give a perfect score, as I am not gullible enough to believe half the claims on the site.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »
The test preparers display some science illiteracy. F is F even if it comes from waste scrubbers. Chemicals is chemicals. We are all recycled CO2.