Author Topic: Too many warnings for the newbie!!!  (Read 1453 times)

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
Too many warnings for the newbie!!!
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:43:44 PM »
I resent the favouritism that happens in here. I am a new person and I don't know all your rules. I know why you're doing this, it's because I'm not an atheist so you want me out, and you're all wanting excuses to demonise the new one. I think you should stop this. This has been my two cents on the matter.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
Re: Too many warnings for the newbie!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »
That's silly Kymer. They love having theists on here.
Go on up you baldhead.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »
Persecution card in under 60 posts... That's not a new record, but it's still impressive.

Anyway, what you're saying is BS. You get warnings because you break the rules, just like any other member.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 04:49:23 PM »
Kymer, did you not sign up for an account by agreeing that you read and would abide by the rules?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 04:49:46 PM »
Persecution card in under 60 posts... That's not a new record, but it's still impressive.

Anyway, what you're saying is BS. You get warnings because you break the rules, just like any other member.

A casual warning would be more in order than that. Not a formal warning. That's too harsh. I don't deserve this. I'm a newbie, not part of the establishment and favourite ones.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 04:51:39 PM »
A casual warning would be more in order than that. Not a formal warning. That's too harsh.

No such thing as "casual warnings". You either warn someone when they break the rules they agreed to abide to (as Ambassador Pony mentioned) or you don't and let them break all the rules.

I don't deserve this.

BS.

I'm a newbie, not part of the establishment and favourite ones.

Such as? Do you want a list of atheists who were warned and banned?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »
I've counted several casual warnings. They're in green in many of your posts.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 04:53:17 PM »
A casual warning would be more in order than that. Not a formal warning. That's too harsh.

No such thing as "casual warnings". You either warn someone when they break the rules they agreed to abide to (as Ambassador Pony mentioned) or you don't and let them break all the rules.

I don't deserve this.

BS.

I'm a newbie, not part of the establishment and favourite ones.

Such as? Do you want a list of atheists who were warned and banned?

I'm going to call your bluff mate. Yeah show us the list. Go on. Show it to me. This is going to get very interesting all of a sudden.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 04:53:24 PM »
I resent the favouritism that happens in here. I am a new person and I don't know all your rules.

You can take care of that by actually reading the rules:
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,21732.0.html

I know why you're doing this, it's because I'm not an atheist so you want me out

You couldn't be more wrong.  In fact, one of the complaints that many of the regulars here have (including me) is that we don't get enough theists here.

and you're all wanting excuses to demonise the new one. I think you should stop this.

Stop what, exactly?

This has been my two cents on the matter.

Duly noted.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 04:55:32 PM »
A casual warning would be more in order than that. Not a formal warning. That's too harsh. I don't deserve this. I'm a newbie, not part of the establishment and favourite ones.

I casually warned you about too much quoted text several times in threads and you ignored it. Hence the formal warning. Now stop complaining and try to improve your posts, maybe then you can get your ability to give out Karma back.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
That's just your opinion pianodwarf. Your opinion. Nothing else. No facts involved. Not a one. You're a long member on this forum so you know you can say what you like to say to folks around in here. I just wish you lot would be fair to people. I know better forums, busier ones that have good people who don't give apples to the teacher. Yeah you know what I mean. Favouritism, and demonising the newbies, especially the ones that disagree on viewpoints about stuff.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »
Not sure where you're coming from Kymer. Do you like posting on the site or not? If you do, follow the rules and you won't have a problem. If you don't - then who cares? Find a different forum.

I personally enjoy the intellectual level on here which is why I stick around despite my views being smashed routinely.

It's just the internet.

(edit was for spelling )
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »
MM, I like how you've become part of the vast conspiracy against new theist members. Walk a (magic) mile in our shoes.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »
Kymer quit being a kymer.. I've been an atheist for a longgg time.. I had a few slips along the way hoping magic worked, but never anything heavy.
If you would like I can forward you my bucket ship load of warnings I've recieved.. Ok, so I still skirt them, buy as long as you stay within the boundaries of stupid they're a forgiving lot here AND may even welcome you as one of the wondering flock. :D
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 05:05:20 PM »
kymer,

Your warning level can be dropped if you participate by following the forum rules and etiquette.  We can beat this thread into a pulp and never agree, or we can get back to posting and debating the topics.  Think carefully about your approach, and some of the initial replies from some of the mods.  Consider whether you are at fault in any way.

Also, mods are not perfect, and if a grievance is warranted, we talk about it among the staff.  We self-evaluate, and consider the replies and concerns of members.  However, there is a lot of forum mod experience here, and the general tendency is to avoid drama, make decisions, and move things back to the purpose of the forum as quickly as possible.

Finally, you feel ganged up on, we get it.  It's part of the package for theists who join this forum.  do you remember the questions you had to answer when you registered?  Those were not jokes.

Jet

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 05:06:11 PM »
That's just your opinion pianodwarf. Your opinion. Nothing else. No facts involved. Not a one.

I can't really respond to this unless you specifically tell me what I'm opining without support?

You're a long member on this forum

True.

so you know you can say what you like to say to folks around in here.

The hell I can.  In fact, as a moderator, I generally have to exercise more restraint than "regular users" do.

I just wish you lot would be fair to people.

I'm not seeing that you've been treated unfairly.  You know, if you were an atheist participating this way on a forum for believers, you'd probably have been punted by now.  The religious forums are far less tolerant of dissent than WWGHA is.

I know better forums, busier ones that have good people who don't give apples to the teacher.

If someone is holding a gun to your head and preventing you from participating in forums that you like better than this one, then your "beef" is with the guy who has the gun, not the WWGHA staff.

Yeah you know what I mean.

No, I really don't.

Favouritism, and demonising the newbies, especially the ones that disagree on viewpoints about stuff.

I repeat: one of the biggest complaints that the regulars here have is that we have almost no theists here, and that the ones who do come generally don't stick around long.  If you really doubt that, I'm sure that some of the other regulars here will back me up on that before too long.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 05:09:59 PM »
I'm going to call your bluff mate.

This isn't poker, "mate". I don't bluff.

Yeah show us the list. Go on. Show it to me. This is going to get very interesting all of a sudden.

Very well. You were right on one regard - the list is non-existent. AFAIK, no such list has ever been made and, to be honest, I really couldn't care less.
You'll have a very hard time finding one theist whose warnings were undeserved. In fact, you might say it's impossible. Atheists here also get warned, just like everyone else. I got warned a few times myself (minor stuff, IIRC, just like you), and I'm pretty sure I was on the verge of being sent to the ER for a while there.
Anyway, the point is that there's no "favoritism" going on here. If you'd like to prove me wrong, find me one single theist whose warnings were undeserved.
We choose our own gods.

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »
I'm going to take the moral high ground with you people and become calm now. You disagree with everything without using your thought process, but that's your life. Like I say moral high ground for me and you can do as you please. Maybe I was wrong too.

I called your bluff lucifer. And mow look.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »
Kymer quit being a kymer.. I've been an atheist for a longgg time.. I had a few slips along the way hoping magic worked, but never anything heavy.
If you would like I can forward you my bucket ship load of warnings I've recieved.. Ok, so I still skirt them, buy as long as you stay within the boundaries of stupid they're a forgiving lot here AND may even welcome you as one of the wondering flock. :D

This.  Since he is calling himself out, I can say that he is not making this up. 

Makes me proud atheola, I think I shed a small tear...

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »

No bluff. You will notice how I didn't claim that such a list existed; only if you'd like to see one. I could probably make one, if I cared enough to do so, but the truth is that I don't care enough.
We choose our own gods.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
I'm going to take the moral high ground with you people and become calm now. You disagree with everything without using your thought process, but that's your life. Like I say moral high ground for me and you can do as you please. Maybe I was wrong too.

Great idea.  I know it's not the same, but I got into trouble here a while back.  I went off on a mod...then I apologized.  It was not easy to let that go, because I felt I was right.  But something tells me that personal integrity outweighs pettiness and any sort of persecution issues. 

Offline kymer

• Graduate
  • Darwins +5/-49
  • *** The One ***
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »

No bluff. You will notice how I didn't claim that such a list existed; only if you'd like to see one. I could probably make one, if I cared enough to do so, but the truth is that I don't care enough.

Technically you made no claim, ie you didn't announce it with trumpets, but you led me to believe (or so you thought) that there is one. But look now, lookey now, look, no list.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 05:17:52 PM »
Don't feel to bad Kymrr..the "other" atheist site I post on would ban you right off and a few of the loose cannons there might track you down and do nasty things to you or property.. They're not monsters, but far less forgiving of people who complain about rules.  :P
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 05:17:58 PM »
Technically you made no claim, ie you didn't announce it with trumpets, but you led me to believe (or so you thought) that there is one. But look now, lookey now, look, no list.

Yes, kymer. You saw through my non-existent bluff and deception.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard of the strawman fallacy?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »
Well, since kymer has started a new thread admitting that he's a lying troll, I propose we all stop feeding him.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 05:40:34 PM »
We're done here.