Author Topic: The Probability of the Big Bang  (Read 28957 times)

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
Re: The Probability of the Big Bang
« Reply #290 on: March 17, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »
I was born in 1976.  Can you do the math, or should I do it for you?  Seems evolutionists aren't too good at numbers.  But with enough of them, anything is possible.
So you don't even have the excuse of being young for the way you're acting.

Also, what do you mean by "aren't too good at numbers"?  Your assertion makes little sense in context of anything, except possibly to try to "show" that you're smarter than "evolutionists".  By the way, think about that term you just used.  You just used it to mean "people who believe blindly in evolution".  Yet your argument, that people need to be able to explain a perfect step-by-step evolutionary process from one arbitrary example to another, or else it's blind belief on their part, is an argument from ignorance.  It's like saying that people "blindly believe in math" if they can't explain something from trigonometry or calculus.  It also shows that you don't actually understand how evolution works - you might have read the words, but they don't make sense to you, or you wouldn't have to try to demand "step-by-step proofs" to begin with.

Offline rockv12

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-44
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #291 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »
I was born in 1976.  Can you do the math, or should I do it for you?  Seems evolutionists aren't too good at numbers.  But with enough of them, anything is possible.
So you don't even have the excuse of being young for the way you're acting.

Also, what do you mean by "aren't too good at numbers"?  Your assertion makes little sense in context of anything, except possibly to try to "show" that you're smarter than "evolutionists".  By the way, think about that term you just used.  You just used it to mean "people who believe blindly in evolution".  Yet your argument, that people need to be able to explain a perfect step-by-step evolutionary process from one arbitrary example to another, or else it's blind belief on their part, is an argument from ignorance.  It's like saying that people "blindly believe in math" if they can't explain something from trigonometry or calculus.  It also shows that you don't actually understand how evolution works - you might have read the words, but they don't make sense to you, or you wouldn't have to try to demand "step-by-step proofs" to begin with.

Your argument from ignorance claim has been a bit overused.  I am NOT saying that because you don't know exactly how something happened, then it must be untrue or that "God dunnit".  That's a clever little thing that evolutionists do to make Creationists look stupid.  BUT, that's ALL evolution has!  Nobody can answer the question, "HOW did it evolve and WHY?"  Now that creates quite the problem, shouldn't it?  If it's such a fact and proven, then you'd expect a rational explaination to the questions I've posed.

Nowhere has evolution been witnessed or observed.  Nowhere have we seen a monkey grow into a man.  And with the millions of examples of "tough" questions about extremely extraordinary species and life forms that can't be explained, HOW is evolution such a good idea? 

Without a God, it's the ONLY explanation, and not a very believable one at that.  Sound like a 4th grader wrote that?  Thanks...

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #292 on: March 17, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »
rockv12, how did your god create everything? Nobody knows. That creates quite a problem, doesn't it?

Think about why my statement above makes no sense and you'll see why yours doesn't either.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #293 on: March 17, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »

Religion produces no knew information to the world but rehash old stories and bullshit claims.  I'll stick witht the group that finds new information about our reality and doens't act like they have all the answers when clearly they know absolutely nothing about anyting....
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #294 on: March 17, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »
Also, while you argue about the existence of a god for last few hours/days, more than 50,000 people died of starvation.  I wonder why and what reasonable explanation will explain this human tragedy.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #295 on: March 17, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »
What you people don't understand about evolution is that it doesn't happen overnight like magic gods.  It happens over the course of millions and millions of years.

But do you know what I find interesting even in short period of time.  If I work out with heavy weights and barbells my muscles 'adapt' and change to reflect this environmental change I put on it and grow and get bigger than the common man; as long as I consume enough protein and food intake.  I even developed calluses on my hands from touching and lifting heavyweight ( do you wonder why this is or do you think this is just mere coincidence?)

And to prove my point, why don't you put on really small and tight shoes and see if you develope pains and calluses on your feet caused by this change and see if your body 'adapts' in a very short period of time.

Now tack on a few millions years and a few more environmental changes and mutations....  Oh well, it's easier for you believe that magic is real.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:45:21 AM by DVZ3 »

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #296 on: March 17, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »

Just fyi... If you look at olympic records and times they are broken almost every time.  The fastest runner/swimmer 50 years ago is no longer the fastest today.  It's almost as if there are 'incremental' body changes that produce 'better' more 'effiencient' humans.  Makes you wonder what the best 1 mile run will be a million years from now.

Do you think it will be faster or slower than today's time and why?

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #297 on: March 17, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »
DVZ3, that could have all been one post.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »

^^^ OK, it 'could' have..... but it wasn't.... is that a problem....?

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2012, 12:13:11 PM »
What other thoughts would you like me to combine to suite your need and/or style of thinking Pony!?

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2012, 12:13:57 PM »
DVZ3, that could have all been one post.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2012, 12:18:16 PM »
Religion produces no knew information to the world but rehash old stories and bullshit claims.  I'll stick witht the group that finds new information about our reality and doens't act like they have all the answers when clearly they know absolutely nothing about anyting....
Also, while you argue about the existence of a god for last few hours/days, more than 50,000 people died of starvation.  I wonder why and what

What you people don't understand about evolution is that it doesn't happen overnight like magic gods.  It happens over the course of millions and millions of years.

But do you know what I find interesting even in short period of time.  If I work out with heavy weights and barbells my muscles 'adapt' and change to reflect this environmental change I put on it and grow and get bigger than the common man; as long as I consume enough protein and food intake.  I even developed calluses on my hands from touching and lifting heavyweight ( do you wonder why this is or do you think this is just mere coincidence?)

And to prove my point, why don't you put on really small and tight shoes and see if you develope pains and calluses on your feet caused by this change and see if your body 'adapts' in a very short period of time.

Now tack on a few millions years and a few more environmental changes and mutations....  Oh well, it's easier for you believe that magic is real.

Just fyi... If you look at Olympic records and times they are broken almost every time.  The fastest runner/swimmer 50 years ago is no longer the fastest today.  It's almost as if there are 'incremental' body changes that produce 'better' more 'effiencient' humans.  Makes you wonder what the best 1 mile run will be a million years from now.

Do you think it will be faster or slower than today's time and why?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:21:42 PM by DVZ3 »

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #302 on: March 17, 2012, 12:19:33 PM »
Yes. Whenever reasonably possible, the staff would like all members to pack replies such as yours into the fewest amount of posts as possible.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #303 on: March 17, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »

^^^ I suppose "The Lord of the Rings" 1, 2 and 3 could've been combined into 1 Epic movie as well..... Where were you with your insight oh mighty one...

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #304 on: March 17, 2012, 01:11:37 PM »
Your argument from ignorance claim has been a bit overused.  I am NOT saying that because you don't know exactly how something happened, then it must be untrue or that "God dunnit".  That's a clever little thing that evolutionists do to make Creationists look stupid.

But you ARE saying that if we don't know everything about something, that goddidit.  You ARE arguing for ignorance.  You're not saying "if we examine the evidence, we can see that..."  Instead, you're saying that "evolution can't explain everything, therefore, goddidit"

Let's say for the moment, that evolution is proved false.  Would that be reason to claim "goddidit"?  No, it wouldn't.  Because even in that case, it would still be a god of the gaps argument.  It would still show a lack of research, a lack of examining the evidence, a lack of testability, a lack of falsifiability, etc.  It's still poor thinking all around.

BUT, that's ALL evolution has!  Nobody can answer the question, "HOW did it evolve and WHY?"  Now that creates quite the problem, shouldn't it?  If it's such a fact and proven, then you'd expect a rational explaination to the questions I've posed.

Nowhere has evolution been witnessed or observed.  Nowhere have we seen a monkey grow into a man.  And with the millions of examples of "tough" questions about extremely extraordinary species and life forms that can't be explained, HOW is evolution such a good idea? 

I said this before, but........ KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!  Evolution does NOT say "monkeys grow into man".  If you have such crazy ideas about evolution, then it's no wonder you think it's BS.  Seriously, read a book by a creditable expert on the subject.  Don't read something from a creationist, read from someone that knows what the subject actually is.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #305 on: March 17, 2012, 01:18:42 PM »
Really... -1 for being honest.... I've posted way more informative shit than just to have even the amount I do.... Fuck you guys and your "I'm an anministrator".......  I could debate you in my sleep....

Yea " Lucifer" I'm asking it for it because why!?.... Because my posts and thoughts were spread out between 3!?   WHAT THE FUCK!?  And this is supposed to be the reasonable forum......
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:21:18 PM by DVZ3 »

Offline rockv12

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-44
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »

I said this before, but........ KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!  Evolution does NOT say "monkeys grow into man".  If you have such crazy ideas about evolution, then it's no wonder you think it's BS.  Seriously, read a book by a creditable expert on the subject.  Don't read something from a creationist, read from someone that knows what the subject actually is.

What is going on in here?  We didn't evolve from apes?  What evolutionary theory do you go by? 

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #307 on: March 17, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
Yea " Lucifer"

What's with the quotes?

I'm asking or it because why!?.... Because my posts and thoughts were spread out between 3!?   WHAT THE FUCK!?  And this is supposed to be the reasonable forum......

No, it's because an administrator was speaking in an "administrator voice", warning you about something you did wrong, and you mocked him (presumably for doing so). It was unnecessarily rude and stupid.

inb4"retaliation"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:37:55 PM by Lucifer »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »

Tough.... Tough I didn't have all my three posts/thoughts at the same time..... Tough the FUCKING admins can't read minds but pretend too.

Offline rockv12

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-44
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #309 on: March 17, 2012, 01:25:23 PM »

Problem number one with the above.....  Adapting is different than transforming.  Lifting weights at the gym will not transform you into the Incredible Hulk.  Problem number two....  the earth is NOT millions of years old. 

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #310 on: March 17, 2012, 01:27:23 PM »
Whatever makes you feel comfortable with beliveing in nonsense....

The moon has thousands of asteroid hits on it but yet we know that these only happen once in every 1 to 2 thousand years..... If the moon has hundreds of asteroid hits of evidence then how is it only 6000 years old again!?

It goes back to your sarcastically asked question about math and multiplication...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:30:11 PM by DVZ3 »

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #311 on: March 17, 2012, 01:29:29 PM »
Tough.... Tough I didn't have all my three posts/thoughts at the same time..... Tough the FUCKING admins can't read minds but pretend too.

Tough you can't even read what's written.
I said it's not about what you did wrong, but the fact that you mocked an administrator for warning you about what you did wrong.
We choose our own gods.

Offline rockv12

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +3/-44
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #312 on: March 17, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »
rockv12, how did your god create everything? Nobody knows. That creates quite a problem, doesn't it?

Think about why my statement above makes no sense and you'll see why yours doesn't either.

Very good, we are getting somewhere.  There are things we CAN'T fathom.  We MUST go off of  faith.  Blind faith that something/somehow/sometime came about...and we CAN'T explain it.  Therefore, we have NO idea how to explain eternal existence.  BUT we do have the observable....the complexity....the order....the perfection in our world to observe.  And with the logic that we DO have, we can see that it's simply too remarkable to explain through science.  So with that we go to option number two.  Something is out there that we can't figure out....hmmm....God?  Well, that's definitly an option since we are shooting in the dark anyway for a reason here.  Now with God, we have other proofs of His existence.....  The BIBLE.  Maybe that's what we should really be looking at here.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #313 on: March 17, 2012, 01:31:06 PM »

Tough you can't even read what's written.
I said it's not about what you did wrong, but the fact that you mocked an administrator for warning you about what you did wrong.

Grow up...

I am saying I honestly didn't see what I did wrong.  Multiple thouthts that were multiple posts.....   SORRREeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       Excuse me while the REAL ADULTS DEBATE THE ISSUES while others........ like yourself made mine now seem insignificant over FUCKING NOTHING..... DONE!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:34:38 PM by DVZ3 »

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »
  the earth is NOT millions of years old.

You're right. It's not millions of years old. It's actually billions of years old.

How old do you think the earth is?
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #315 on: March 17, 2012, 01:32:46 PM »
Very good, we are getting somewhere.  There are things we CAN'T fathom.  We MUST go off of  faith.  Blind faith that something/somehow/sometime came about...and we CAN'T explain it.  Therefore, we have NO idea how to explain eternal existence.  BUT we do have the observable....the complexity....the order....the perfection in our world to observe.  And with the logic that we DO have, we can see that it's simply too remarkable to explain through science.  So with that we go to option number two.  Something is out there that we can't figure out....hmmm....God?  Well, that's definitly an option since we are shooting in the dark anyway for a reason here.  Now with God, we have other proofs of His existence.....  The BIBLE.  Maybe that's what we should really be looking at here.

Sorry, no. Since you can't explain it, it's not true. That's your logic and I'm sticking by it. Try again.
We choose our own gods.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #316 on: March 17, 2012, 01:37:30 PM »

^^^ Sorry Lucifer, I'm with him..... You've presented nothing to change my mind....

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
« Reply #317 on: March 17, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »
^^^ Sorry Lucifer, I'm with him..... You've presented nothing to change my mind....

I'm just using his logic against him. Not even I agree with myself on the justification for rejecting his deity's existence.
We choose our own gods.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
« Reply #318 on: March 17, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »

How can anyone with the name 'Lucifer' or any other of the idiodic names for demons and devils think that the 'others' will take us seriously!?   I want to post all kinds of links to this forum but with names like 'Lucifer' and other STUUUUUUPID seeminly evil names are defeating the purpose for other 'innoccent' christians coming on this forum and taking us seriously....

THANKS A LOT DEVIL...... - Don
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:46:46 PM by DVZ3 »