Author Topic: Saying Goodbye.  (Read 5695 times)

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
Re: Saying Goodbye.
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »
This topic has gotten way off base.  First we hear a horrid story about GoodKat being abused by his father all in the name of a "loving" religion and then what do we do?  We're bitching and griping about who said what in a different post, the migration of modern humans, how the Bible is falsifiable, and the great flood or the Bible.  I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire but we have other posts that talk about the flood.  This topic was GoodKat saying goodbye for a serious offense that should warrant the father nothing but a minimum jail sentence for assault.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off and I say this in the nicest tone, but please, don't gripe in this thread about trivial stuff when there are other threads for that.  This thread should not be for that.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-4
  • Carbon-based life form.
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »
Steady.................already dealt with.
God is an Imaginary Friend for Grown-ups

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2008, 10:27:47 PM »
For you, maybe, but Airyaman seemed to miss the memo.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +119/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2008, 12:51:31 AM »
I wonder if Goodkat will try to move out.

I hope he comes back to this thread to talk about it.  It's not so easy as just leaving. 

^^ this.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2008, 04:06:43 AM »
For you, maybe, but Airyaman seemed to miss the memo.

Sorry, I just saw an opportunity...
If you are following God why can I still see you?

Offline spetznatz

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • It's all Bollocks...
    • Architectural Visualisation
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2008, 05:26:48 AM »
Sorry to be so late in on this, but my thoughts are with you.

In the hope that you can read this, try and find an internet access point (library, internet cafe), and let us know how you're doing.
http://vizarch.blogspot.com  
"Trifles, light as air, are to the zealous confirmation strong as proofs of holy writ."

Offline Disciple of Christ

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "The LORD is my shepherd." - Psalm 23
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2008, 10:11:32 AM »
Oh, by the way, weren't you going to possibly divorce your wife for the un-Christian practice of setting up Christmas trees?
What does this have to do with beating a kid sensless in the name of Jesus?

Nothing, directly.  It's just an example of the destructive influence religion can have on a family.  By the way, Goodkat wasn't beaten...yet.  Anyway, you did indeed threaten to break up your family unit over religion, right?

You support the deportation of atheists.
Absolutely! I support all atheists who want to do nothing but spread around the U.S that "God is imaginary" to be shipped to their own Godless country?

Deport them all, tear them from their homes and friends.  But don't beat them.  That's immoral.  Damn, you're one crazy mo-fo, DoC.

Anyway, you did indeed threaten to break up your family unit over religion, right?
Yes, I did threaten, but that does not mean that it will be dealt with in a manner that I want it. Of course, I will give in and place a tree in my house. Only for the sake of my children having what my wife calls, "A normal Christmas." And she told me, "God condemned those who worshipped a tree in the Old Testament." She said, "Christians do not worship the Christmas tree as an idol."

Deport them all, tear them from their homes and friends.  But don't beat them.  That's immoral.  Damn, you're one crazy mo-fo, DoC.

Re-read what I said. You seemed to leave out the most crucial part of my sentence. I said, "atheists would live a life of no more, Christians, Catholics, Jews, Creationists, ID'ers, Muslims, Terrorists, Christian Scientists...etc,etc,etc. Why do you allow yourself to be tortured every day of your life in a country that is primarily Christianity and Islamic? The Jews fought for their own land, and won! Why don't the atheists do the same?

Luke 7:22 - "Go on your way, and tell John what things you have seen and heard; How that the Blind see, the Lame have walked, the Lepers are cleansed, the Deaf hear, the Dead are raised, to the Poor the Gospel is preached." - Jesus Christ 33 A.D.

Offline Idioteque

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2008, 10:45:09 AM »
Why don't the atheists do the same?

Because we're not about war. We're about trying to create peace, acceptance, and unity in society, and one of the ways we seek to do that is by removing (or discouraging) things that promote war, disunity, and bullying. 
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there

Offline Freezykow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "For the love of money is the root of all evil"
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »
Why don't the atheists do the same?

Because we're not about war. We're about trying to create peace, acceptance, and unity in society, and one of the ways we seek to do that is by removing (or discouraging) things that promote war, disunity, and bullying. 

The fact of the matter is not one group of people is dedicated to such things. Many say they are but no group as a whole is. Not Muslims, not Atheists, or even Christians.
When the power of love, overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. – Jimi Hendrix

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2008, 04:02:37 PM »
Freezy, are you saying that just because you're a Christian, you don't automatically agree with DoC's opinion that all atheists should be exiled from America?
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Freezykow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "For the love of money is the root of all evil"
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »
Freezy, are you saying that just because you're a Christian, you don't automatically agree with DoC's opinion that all atheists should be exiled from America?

Uh...Duh.

I think none of you are evil. I think that only a hand full of people in the world are evil. Most likely some of them are Christian.
When the power of love, overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. – Jimi Hendrix

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
We're about trying to create peace, acceptance, and unity in society, and one of the ways we seek to do that is by removing (or discouraging) things that promote war, disunity, and bullying. 
The fact of the matter is not one group of people is dedicated to such things. Many say they are but no group as a whole is. Not Muslims, not Atheists, or even Christians.
The problem is that conflict is always necessary to bring about peace, acceptance, and unity, and that it's often difficult to distinguish between people who are engaging in conflict to bring those about versus people who are engaging in conflict to selfishly benefit from the perpetuation of that conflict. The presence of religion in such conflicts amplifies this difficulty.
God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.

Offline singlecrochet

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2008, 04:52:40 PM »
This topic has gotten way off base.  First we hear a horrid story about GoodKat being abused by his father all in the name of a "loving" religion and then what do we do?  We're bitching and griping about who said what in a different post, the migration of modern humans, how the Bible is falsifiable, and the great flood or the Bible.  I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire but we have other posts that talk about the flood.  This topic was GoodKat saying goodbye for a serious offense that should warrant the father nothing but a minimum jail sentence for assault.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off and I say this in the nicest tone, but please, don't gripe in this thread about trivial stuff when there are other threads for that.  This thread should not be for that.

THANK YOU!
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine

"P.S. I pray God sees to it that you get presents this year." - Deelvrd

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »
But, but, isn't debating about this the first step in solving it?  I just know, somehow, that if someone just posted something a little bit better, that it would solve this problem.

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2008, 05:27:47 PM »
But, but, isn't debating about this the first step in solving it?  I just know, somehow, that if someone just posted something a little bit better, that it would solve this problem.
Field trip to Goodkat's house, then?
God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.

Offline singlecrochet

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »
I'll bring my handcuffs.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine

"P.S. I pray God sees to it that you get presents this year." - Deelvrd

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
Goodkat needs to learn to take care of himself, both physically and financially.  There is no meaningful atheist support network, which I suspect is because atheists mostly like to talk and talking doesn't lend much physical or financial support.  I will give him props for talking to his sister about religion.  I can't help but suspect a good, old-fashioned Homer Simpson choke-out might have put a hash mark in the "Religion is for crazy people" column for her, but who knows.  People are weird.  Anyway, this is a nice illustration of the vast amount of work atheists have before them in the world.  Maybe one or two people here will hear their calling in this story.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2008, 01:43:17 AM »
I will not be posting here anymore, my father overheard me talking to my sister last night, and went into a fit  of rage. He shoved me into his room and yelled at me with his hand around my throat. He told me that I was using his money to slander Christ, and threatened several times to "beat the living s**t out of" me. He's taking my computer and forbidding me from talking to my sister to try to prevent her indoctrination. I will miss you all, and I hope I have been helpful to the forum. Goodbye

GoodKat

Kid, this is pathetic.

Hope you move out soon.

Your dad does not, he's ensuring your non-christian path. jesus
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2008, 01:44:40 AM »
Goodkat needs to learn to take care of himself, both physically and financially.  There is no meaningful atheist support network, which I suspect is because atheists mostly like to talk and talking doesn't lend much physical or financial support.  I will give him props for talking to his sister about religion.  I can't help but suspect a good, old-fashioned Homer Simpson choke-out might have put a hash mark in the "Religion is for crazy people" column for her, but who knows.  People are weird.  Anyway, this is a nice illustration of the vast amount of work atheists have before them in the world.  Maybe one or two people here will hear their calling in this story.

Hope he is o.k.

That kind of abusive atmosphere is horrible without family support

Why is he too dumb to merely go to the school library and post!!!

I mean, geez.

Anyway, hope you are right.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2008, 10:41:07 AM »
I'd like to put him up for the Five Dollar Club, but I don't have any contact info for him.

Offline spider

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • ATT ambassador
    • Atheist Think Tank
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2008, 08:39:26 PM »
Yeah, for sure - and if wants to move away from his psycho dad, five bucks here and there would go to a good cause. 

I thought about this the other day. I'd really like for him to make some kind of contact with someone from these forums.   The radio silence is worrying.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2008, 08:41:22 PM »
Agreed.  I was hoping that Goodkat would login and give even a minor update; thumbs up or thumbs down.
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2008, 09:27:41 PM »

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2008, 09:33:06 PM »
You know, his E-mail is still in his profile...

But if his father has cut him off access ... not much point.

If his family was so strict, he could have been smarter; i.e., come here from school.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »
He is, nonetheless, more likely to gain access to his E-mail than he is to be able to visit this site.  It would only take one visit.

It is plausible that he will check his E-mail account at some point, for some reason or other.  Has anyone tried to E-mail him yet?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 09:49:20 PM by Azdgari »

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »
He is, nonetheless, more likely to gain access to his E-mail than he is to be able to visit this site.  It would only take one visit.

It is plausible that he will check his E-mail account at some point, for some reason or other.  Has anyone tried to E-mail him yet?

+1 sort of. I like your thinking.

Feel sorry for the "kid".

His dad is very strange, even for a theist ...

Offline spider

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • ATT ambassador
    • Atheist Think Tank
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2008, 07:34:05 PM »
Do you think his dad might read his emails?   Maybe I should not say too much in my email.  I have a lankyland email that identifies me as spider... I hope he knows who the hell I am. 

Do you reckon it's worth obfuscating where I'm from in case his dad does read it?  Or is that just silly?

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2008, 07:44:36 PM »
That's what I did, but I have yet to receive a response.  I figured addressing him as Goodkat would suffice to alert him to where I was from.

Offline spider

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • ATT ambassador
    • Atheist Think Tank
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »
Well I said I was spider from Theology Online (because he has an account there and he knows I do too from a thread on ATT) and signed off with "yours in christ".