Author Topic: Saying Goodbye.  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
Re: Saying Goodbye.
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 06:12:03 PM »
DoC, if your posting history is any indicator, then you're the same kind of Christian that Goodkat's father is:  A raging fundamentalist who can't abide the mere existence of atheists.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Disciple of Christ

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "The LORD is my shepherd." - Psalm 23
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »
DoC, if your posting history is any indicator, then you're the same kind of Christian that Goodkat's father is:  A raging fundamentalist who can't abide the mere existence of atheists.

Nice generalization. I wouldn't harm a child in any manner. Just because I visit atheists forums online and say atheists are the devil in disguise, that doesn't mean I support child abuse! You should apologize. I believe Jesus Christ said, "Beware of those who would hurt a child." Maybe he should read what Jesus said about children, and how precious they are to God, and how they are the "Gift to the Mother."

Goodkat's father needs his ass kicked.

Adolf Hitler killed thousands. . .  does that mean I should go out and kill thousands of Jews?
Luke 7:22 - "Go on your way, and tell John what things you have seen and heard; How that the Blind see, the Lame have walked, the Lepers are cleansed, the Deaf hear, the Dead are raised, to the Poor the Gospel is preached." - Jesus Christ 33 A.D.

Offline Freezykow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • "For the love of money is the root of all evil"
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 06:17:37 PM »

Nice generalization. I wouldn't harm a child in any manner. Just because I visit atheists forums online and say atheists are the devil in disguise, that doesn't mean I support child abuse! You should apologize. I believe Jesus Christ said, "Beware of those who would hurt a child." Maybe he should read what Jesus said about children, and how precious they are to God, and how they are the "Gift to the Mother."

It would definatly do him some good.
When the power of love, overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. – Jimi Hendrix

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-4
  • Carbon-based life form.
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 06:20:57 PM »
.............and how precious they (children) are to God, and how they are the "Gift to the Mother."

Not to derail this thread, but why do you turn a blind eye to your god drowning countless number of children?

Why should I allow that same God to tell me how to raise my kids, who drowned his own?  (Robert Ingersoll)
God is an Imaginary Friend for Grown-ups

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 06:25:06 PM »
Nice generalization.

How is a statement about you, based on observations of you, a generalization?

I wouldn't harm a child in any manner. Just because I visit atheists forums online and say atheists are the devil in disguise, that doesn't mean I support child abuse!

You support the deportation of atheists.  And Goodkat isn't a child.  Regardless, I didn't say you were a child abuser.  I made a very specific claim.  I said you were:
A raging fundamentalist who can't abide the mere existence of atheists.

You should apologize.

I refuse to apologize for something I didn't say.

Agreed.  Oh, by the way, weren't you going to possibly divorce your wife for the un-Christian practice of setting up Christmas trees?

Adolf Hitler killed thousands. . .  does that mean I should go out and kill thousands of Jews?

Behold DoC, master of irrelevance.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 06:25:19 PM »
.............and how precious they (children) are to God, and how they are the "Gift to the Mother."

Not to derail this thread, but why do you turn a blind eye to your god drowning countless number of children?

Why should I allow that same God to tell me how to raise my kids, who drowned his own?  (Robert Ingersoll)

That's right, don't derail a thread of this importance all because you are angry at God's justice to a world of sin. But he promised not to do it again. Don't you trust in him?  ;D

Luke 7:22 - "Go on your way, and tell John what things you have seen and heard; How that the Blind see, the Lame have walked, the Lepers are cleansed, the Deaf hear, the Dead are raised, to the Poor the Gospel is preached." - Jesus Christ 33 A.D.

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-4
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 06:29:28 PM »
While the whole "global flood" is just a fable, I'll entertain it for the moment:

Chances are, most people were living normal, happy lives, just working hard to survive.  Do you feel that arbitrarily drowning everyone, including babies, is just?  What kind of beast do you worship anyways?

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 06:33:01 PM »
Nice generalization.

How is a statement about you, based on observations of you, a generalization?

I wouldn't harm a child in any manner. Just because I visit atheists forums online and say atheists are the devil in disguise, that doesn't mean I support child abuse!

You support the deportation of atheists.  And Goodkat isn't a child.  Regardless, I didn't say you were a child abuser.  I made a very specific claim.  I said you were:
A raging fundamentalist who can't abide the mere existence of atheists.

You should apologize.

I refuse to apologize for something I didn't say.

Agreed.  Oh, by the way, weren't you going to possibly divorce your wife for the un-Christian practice of setting up Christmas trees?

Behold DoC, master of irrelevance.

Oh, by the way, weren't you going to possibly divorce your wife for the un-Christian practice of setting up Christmas trees?
What does this have to do with beating a kid sensless in the name of Jesus?

You support the deportation of atheists.
Absolutely! I support all atheists who want to do nothing but spread around the U.S that "God is imaginary" to be shipped to their own Godless country? Why are you so bitter about that? Heck, That would be like "Heaven" sort-to-speak for you atheists, wouldn't it? Just imagine, No more Christians, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Terrorists, Creationists, I.Der's, Christian Scientists...  ;D

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »
Oh, by the way, weren't you going to possibly divorce your wife for the un-Christian practice of setting up Christmas trees?
What does this have to do with beating a kid sensless in the name of Jesus?

Nothing, directly.  It's just an example of the destructive influence religion can have on a family.  By the way, Goodkat wasn't beaten...yet.  Anyway, you did indeed threaten to break up your family unit over religion, right?

You support the deportation of atheists.
Absolutely! I support all atheists who want to do nothing but spread around the U.S that "God is imaginary" to be shipped to their own Godless country?

Deport them all, tear them from their homes and friends.  But don't beat them.  That's immoral.  Damn, you're one crazy mo-fo, DoC.

Offline singlecrochet

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2008, 06:57:07 PM »
I believe Goodkat was over the age of 18.  This isn't child abuse.

It's still assault and domestic violence.  In my state, strangling is Assault 2, the second highest level of assault.  Just because you're not a minor doesn't mean people, related or not, can grab you by the throat.  Period.

(I'm a police detective.  I know a bit about this.)
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine

"P.S. I pray God sees to it that you get presents this year." - Deelvrd

Offline Davedave

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • I'm back, hoes.
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
It's not "still" assault and domestic violence.  It's just assault and domestic violence.  I said it wasn't child abuse.  He's 18.  He should move out.  I think that's a better solution all the way around than criminal prosecution.  Assuming he's not inclined to break his dad's jaw.

Offline L6

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Ignostic
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2008, 07:06:20 PM »
Yahweh is such a weak god to require people like GoodKat's father to enforce his will.
God's existence is contingent upon the illusion that morality is dictated by religious authority.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »
That's right, don't derail a thread of this importance all because you are angry at God's justice to a world of sin. But he promised not to do it again. Don't you trust in him?

Someone is responsible for the death of many, many, many lives - a large mass murder, killing children, killing babies, killing other people for his elite - a great murder. Then he decides "I don't want to kill anymore, instead I'll sit in the corner and watch you kill each other and expect you to worship me in the process or I will send you to suffer for eternity when you die."

Do I trust him? If such a being existed, then I would not trust him. I would hate him, I would want him to die, I'd want him to pay - to understand what his cruel and selfish actions have meant. If God was our creator, then great, I'd appreciate it if he weren't such a murderous b***tard with the obsession for people to worship him with the threat that he'll cause you to have an eternity of suffering. My parents made me and I don't subjectify myself to worship them, or show absolute obedience and conformity to - if my parents decided to kill my brother, it would be immoral.

If God is real, then I want him to be held accountable for His sins, for his evil, for his wrong doings. If God is let off, then get Charles Manson out of jail, bring back Saddam, bring back Hitler, bring back Genghis Khan - for they were more moral that this being.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 07:09:12 PM »
FK!  You will be missed Goodkat.  I'd give you advice, but the bottom line is that you know quite a bit and need no advice.  

Keep safe and when you come back give us a shout!
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer

Offline Cyberia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +35/-0
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »
Look, I don't always agree with everyone I know, sometimes even heatedly, but when the other party crosses the line and it becomes physical the favor needs to be returned with aplomb.  I will NEVER cross that line first, but when it is crossed, I'll make sure it's the last time they do so.

YOU CAN NEVER LET SOMEONE 'WIN' AN ARGUMENT WITH VIOLENCE OR THREATS.

It more difficult when it's a family member or friend, but you've gotta draw a line and let them know that they do NOT have the right to determine YOUR opinion by ANY means.  If you can't physically protect yourself, you need to get help.  It's that important.
Soon we will judge angels.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • That's right. A red X. yaaay.
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »

They were no children of His. Those people (according to the bible of course) turned their back on Him and were unworthy of inheriting the planet. Noah'a family was.
You can't prove it either way so you have to make a choice.

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-4
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »
C'mon.........you're not that stupid.

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »
C'mon.........you're not that stupid.

No I am not. Are you? This is how it is... biblically of course.

If God exists and there IS an afterlife, those innocents will end up in Heaven. The guilty will not. Also, if the story is true, we are all the decendants of those who were spared. Why is everybody crying?

Most of you appear to totally miss that point. instead you all go... "God is mean for drowning all those people!"  Well, it could have been worse, and biblically they deserved it.

Also, who is to say that there were in fact millions of people on the planet at that time?  For all we know, there could have been Noah's bunch, and the other bunch, who were biblically described as being nasty vile and just plain evil. God wiped them out and allowed Noah's bunch to be saved. Also, every major culture in the world has some sort of flood myth. 

I got no problem with God doing that.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +119/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2008, 08:14:51 PM »

Neither did the Egyptians, or the Chinese who for some odd reason carried on as though there was no world spanning flood.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2008, 08:22:27 PM »
Goodkat,

I hope you find a way to log in and tell us how you are.  Find an internet cafe, or a friend, or something.  I am saddened to hear of your father's violent reaction.  Please let us know how you are doing - if possible!

Kenny

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2008, 08:30:57 PM »

Neither did the Egyptians, or the Chinese who for some odd reason carried on as though there was no world spanning flood.

Well, the world according to Noah. The world as far as he knew. Maybe it was not the entire planet, maybe it was, maybe it did not happen at all. Maybe is was long before the Egyptian and Chinese societies were even formed and maybe we were all the same color back then. Maybe the population was as small as 50,000 people and we were still in the stone age. This event would have happened long before any recorded historical civilization.

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-4
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 08:50:12 PM »
Dude, you're really scaring me with your last few posts.  I could see that coming from DoC, but thought you have some basic understanding of human history.

I cannot fathom why you give so much credibility to the infantile, ignorant, dusty train-wreck called the bible!

Offline nihilanth

• Reader
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 09:03:36 PM »
I actually do not give too much merrit to the Old Testament at all actually dude. I was only talking Biblically. By what was written in the bible. Not reality.

I do not believe in all the booiks of the bible at all. I believe that some are legit, and that most are fiction.

I am not going all in either way.

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-4
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2008, 09:07:01 PM »

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-4
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2008, 09:14:36 PM »
One of the foundation stones of our faith is the Old Testament. If that book is not true, if its authors were unaided men, if it contains blunders and falsehoods, then that stone crumbles to dust...The Old Testament must be thrown aside. It is no longer a foundation. It has crumbled.  (Robert Ingersoll)

Offline spider

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • ATT ambassador
    • Atheist Think Tank
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
I wonder if Goodkat will try to move out.

I hope he comes back to this thread to talk about it.  It's not so easy as just leaving. 

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2008, 09:23:42 PM »
<INTENSE THREAD DERAILMENT DETECTED!>

Come on guys, the Noahic Flood?  Seriously?

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +151/-4
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2008, 09:25:45 PM »
Sorry, I went chasing a butterfly.

Offline Airyaman

• Fellow
  • Darwins +17/-2
  • Alignment: True Neutral
    • Moving Beyond Faith
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2008, 09:58:23 PM »
I actually do not give too much merrit to the Old Testament at all actually dude. I was only talking Biblically. By what was written in the bible. Not reality.

I do not believe in all the booiks of the bible at all. I believe that some are legit, and that most are fiction.

I am not going all in either way.

How do you determine which book is fiction?
If you are following God why can I still see you?