Author Topic: Woman prays at tornado  (Read 1097 times)

Online natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +69/-0
  • Polyatheist
Woman prays at tornado
« on: March 03, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »
Well, it would seem in this instance that prayer did bugger all. Why am I not surprised?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8429499/woman-tries-to-pray-huge-tornado-away

Video shows her raising her hands to the swirling black cloud and praying: "Take this away from us, mercy lord, take it away from us lord."

Take it away and put it... where?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Woman prays at tornado
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 10:25:37 PM »
I find her lack of faith disturbing.
After all, that's why her prayer failed. Not enough faith.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Online natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +69/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:32:24 PM »
No no no, she obviously had plenty of faith, she just wasn't praying LOUD enough. God's way up there in the sky, he ain't gonna be able to hear you over the top of a frikken tornado, go get yourself a bullhorn woman!

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 11:00:00 PM »
That explains it. DA LAWD is everywhere, but unless he's a giant ear, he can't hear everything that goes on everywhere.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »
I heard a clip on the radio today of a man who was thanking god that he and his family all made it out safe.  I actually laughed out loud when he also thanked God for not letting the death count be higher than it was.  Heard another clip of a woman who said that a four year old was killed when she was sucked out of her mother's arms and flung into a nearby field.

Thanks god.  I'm sure she deserved it.  Asshole. >:(
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 08:12:06 AM »
There is a pic for your next atheist billboard.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +598/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 08:29:30 AM »
Actually, this was a good thing.  We need more instances of people fervently praying - and it failing - caught on video so they can't be glossed over.

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »
Why? What does that prove? They were OBVIOUSLY false prayers made by NOT REAL TRUE BELIEVERS who had LOST THEIR FAITH. That's why their prayers didn't work!
Every single person who survived owes their good fortune to Gawd and Jeebus!
If their double-wide was destroyed, well, so be it! They obviously didn't tithe enough.
If some righteous person, such as Pat Robbert$son, who has a direct connection to Gawd, had done the prayin', then the tornado would've been diverted to some sin infested town full of morally depraved Democrats. But, that didn't happened, probably becuz there was a homosexual in the tornados path. Any town that wants to avoid tornadoes should know by now that all they need do is rid the community of homos and vote republican.
You jest don't unnerstand how these tings werk.

Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Hitler

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »
Hey, I've been in two of those suckers and don't recall once NOT yelling JESUS FRICKING CHRIST and you know what? It works... She obviously left out the proper explitives during prayer.

*fricking may have been a slightly stronger word in actual tornadoes. :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:49:47 AM by atheola »
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
Why? What does that prove? They were OBVIOUSLY false prayers made by NOT REAL TRUE BELIEVERS ..
If some righteous person, such as Pat Robbert$son, who has a direct connection to Gawd, had done the prayin', then the tornado would've been diverted

That's an interesting point. If there were even one christian who could truly bend god's ear and move mountains with his faith then said christian would be a real dick not to be praying and helping the world as close to 24 hours a day as they could. Even a 10 minute potty break could kill thousands!
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +817/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 11:20:27 AM »
An irreverent thought here: If there is a god, is he hitting all the red states with disasters because they won't shut up already?

Dude's on the lookout for another virgin because he had a really good time with that one and all he hears is "Please please please..."

A truly omnipotent being could turn off his super-hearing though. I know I did.  ;D
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »
Why? What does that prove? They were OBVIOUSLY false prayers made by NOT REAL TRUE BELIEVERS ..
If some righteous person, such as Pat Robbert$son, who has a direct connection to Gawd, had done the prayin', then the tornado would've been diverted

That's an interesting point. If there were even one christian who could truly bend god's ear and move mountains with his faith then said christian would be a real dick not to be praying and helping the world as close to 24 hours a day as they could. Even a 10 minute potty break could kill thousands!
A potty break shouldn't matter - after all, Gawd is EVERYWHERE. I must confess that, while seated atop my new American Standard Right Height Champion 4 throne, I often curse my folly in not bringing a good Holy Book to peruse. What better time to contemplate the Almighty!
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 11:36:13 AM »
I have been REAL constipated in the past and praying with explitives always seem to eventually do the trick.  :angel:

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »
Well, it would seem in this instance that prayer did bugger all. Why am I not surprised?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8429499/woman-tries-to-pray-huge-tornado-away

Video shows her raising her hands to the swirling black cloud and praying: "Take this away from us, mercy lord, take it away from us lord."

Take it away and put it... where?

There's a story on the link about a toddlers entire family of parents and two young siblings geting wiped out by a tornado. Maybe he put it there.

Funny how the states that have the highest percentage of god botherers keep getting the highest percentage of natural disasters while the more secular states are the exact opposite. With friends like god who needs enemies?

No doubt they'll have the begging bowl out for federal government funds (that they despise sooooooo much) to rebuild their communities so that they can get back to hating the federal government. Fucking hypocrites.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:35:10 PM by Frank »
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »
I thought True Believers could do all things with christ.  Miracles were zip zero.
The weather must have been fronted with iron chariots.
"A dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way." -Jules Winnfield

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »
It's all one great big test of the emergency faith system.. If this were an actual emergency of faith you would have been instructed to become an atheist and run for fucking cover next time.. :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 03:36:43 PM by atheola »

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »
It's all one great big test of the emergency faith system.. If this were an actual emergency of faith you would have been instructed to become an atheist and run for fucking cover next time.. :P

ROTFL!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline IAmFirst

• Reader
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »
Disappointed. I was expecting her to be dragged away by it. :D
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »

Well there's your problem right there...You're supposed to start every prayer with "Dear Heavily Father...." then end it with "In Jesus's name we pray, Amen". Every True ChristianTM knows that  &)

This bitch is obviously a poser.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:35:50 PM by jaybwell32 »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »
Dear Heavenly Father... someone correct me, but that just sounds a little to suspiciously like Dear Santa Clause..

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 08:07:08 PM »
Dear Heavenly Father... someone correct me, but that just sounds a little to suspiciously like Dear Santa Clause..

Hmmm...I wonder

Dear Santa Clause, thank you for not giving my kids anything really cool this year. I know the economy is rough, but they don't. It gets hard to explain to them that the reason they didn't get great gifts like their friends or cousins is NOT because they were bad last year. So I am asking for my gift early this year. If it is your will, I would like a better job making more money so I can buy better gifts for my children so they don't think they were bad. In your name I pray. Merry Christmas.

*keeps fingers crossed*
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 10:48:16 PM »
SC is just godlite..more filling plus sexy broads pose naked for him. God just likes the fat rubinesque broads..
It would make more sense if the people in the tornadoes asked for help from Santa..after all they were at least conned into believing santa brings presents whereas god only bring eternal life IF you're super good PLUS beg his holy forgiveness for being bad...

Online natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +69/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 03:52:39 AM »
Brakeman:

Quick! Quick! Someone sue that selfish mo-fo!!

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 06:25:15 AM »
Just saw this on Facebook .. Hilariously sad..

Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »
disgusting.  and of course, I'm goign to guess any of our theist members will make sure to avoid this thread at all costs.  :P
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »
Disappointed. I was expecting her to be dragged away by it. :D
I have little doubt that there will be footage like that one day, and that when it does happen the theists will make excuses about why god didn't save the victim despite the praying.
"In the end theologians are jealous of science, for they are aware that it has greater authority than do their own ways of finding “truth”: dogma, authority, and revelation. Science does find truth, faith does not. " - Jerry Coyne

Online natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +69/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 11:58:02 PM »
^^^ Oh that one's easy, it was god's will/their time was up/god works in mysterious ways... Take your pick, plenty more where that came from!

Offline ungod

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-9
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »
Hilarious - makes me think of a skunk squatting on the freeway, spraying at that 18 wheeler bearing down on him, and thinking he's invincible.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 12:41:27 PM »
^^^ Oh that one's easy, it was god's will/their time was up/god works in mysterious ways... Take your pick, plenty more where that came from!

you forgot "Evil Atheists, how dare you take joy out another's misfortune?" Ignoring, of course the Pat Robertson on 9-11, Katrina...etc, etc.

..and the actual substance of the evidence.

It is like examining the blood spatter and skull fragments after an automobile accident. Is the person who observes "Hrrm the lap belt didn't help...this is why I advocate shoulder belts" being evil?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.