Author Topic: How many years of famine?  (Read 787 times)

Offline GodlessHeathen

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-1
  • Absence of evidence is not evidence of existence.
How many years of famine?
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:01:16 PM »
2 Samurl 24:13: So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee?

2 Chronicles 21:11: So God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either three years of famine or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee;
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:06:40 PM by GodlessHeathen »
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" (Christopher Hitchens).

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: How many years of famine?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:43:35 PM »
2 Samurl 24:13: So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee?

2 Chronicles 21:11: So God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either three years of famine or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee;

time goes faster when you are having fun.......... ;)
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +456/-14
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
Seven years in God's sight are the same as three years in our sight. (Or is it the other way around? ... it doesn't matter, it is a well-known fact that God is timeless and never wrong.) Case Closed.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +22/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
Ehh..3 years, 7 years.. what's the difference when getting killed or starved to death? Two, maybe three weeks without food and water thy enemies won't have a tough time and it won't take them 7 years to finish you off.
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 05:04:56 PM »
I thought one year was 1000 to the Big Guy.  Who knows I was learning creation science in math class.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +22/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »
You have to go backwards..God is dog spelled backwards and dogs live 7 years to each of ours which means I'll live to 140 being my mom and dads dog lived 20 years..cats are only worth 9..oh wait..I'll be 180.  :o
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 08:10:52 PM »
Having seen famine personally in several third word countries, I can truthfully and deeply say that god would be the biggest meanest asshole if he ever caused famine. It is horrendous and unfair, and the precious children that jusus supposedly loved are the first ones to die horribly.
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !