Author Topic: My apology  (Read 306 times)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
My apology
« on: February 26, 2012, 07:29:07 PM »

I posted into a debate thread of which I was not a participant.

It was not done with any deliberate or considered lack of respect to this forum, or it members, or the debates participants in particular.

It has been pointed out to me how arrogant the action appears, particularly as my subsequent explanation showed no remorse whatsoever.
I've had time to reconsider the act and review its consequences.

I offer no excuses, but ask only that you accept that it was momentary stupidity and not my rampant arrogance that mislead me into feeling it was a good idea at the time.

I unreservedly apologise for the lack of etiquette.

kh
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:33:14 PM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
Re: My apology
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »
OK thanks. It wasn't that big of a deal.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »
Kin,

Say seven "Hell Marys" and Dawkins will forgive you..
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
Geez, I gotta catch Pony, he had scheduled a ban for you tonight.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »
Kin,

Say seven "Hell Marys" and Dawkins will forgive you..

;D ;D ;D
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
30 lashes with a wet noodly appendage.  Ya putz.   ;D

You are a respected member of this forum, now get back out there and fight the good fight!

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 07:47:38 PM »
It's all Augusto's fault - the rascal. Comes in here and upsets the applecart. I wasted my time setting up that debate.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 07:52:48 PM »
30 lashes with a wet noodly appendage.  Ya putz.   ;D

You are a respected member of this forum, now get back out there and fight the good fight!

aw geez guy  .......now you've gone and got me teary   (or is that just enthusiastic anticipation of the wet noodle whipping?)

..............................thanks jets

It's all Augusto's fault - the rascal. Comes in here and upsets the applecart. I wasted my time setting up that debate.

Nah mate my behaviour is my behaviour, but yes, it does seem as though setting up the debate was pointless. 
I imagine Augusto just never really understood what he was attempting nor with whom.
.......and thanks
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:58:43 PM by kin hell »

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 08:13:53 PM »

I am very new here, and I will probably have protocol blunders here at some point.  But I don’t think what you did was either a blunder or an arrogant action.

I really appreciated the information.

I am completely flabbergasted that someone would challenge another person to a debate, and then shamelessly plagiarize his opening statement. 

His actions speak volumes about the intellectual honesty of the intelligent design movement. 

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »
Your willingness to accept responsibility and ability to apologize is commendable and shows that you are a person of high character unlike the other person that does not even deserve his name mentioned in the same sentence with yours, Kin Hell.
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 08:32:16 PM »

I am very new here, and I will probably have protocol blunders here at some point.  But I don’t think what you did was either a blunder or an arrogant action.

thanks Quesi but it was disrespectful no matter what momentary justification I may've coloured the action with   

I really appreciated the information.

I am completely flabbergasted that someone would challenge another person to a debate, and then shamelessly plagiarize his opening statement. 

Yes mate, I must admit I was very irritated when I realised I'd read it before somewhere....

His actions speak volumes about the intellectual honesty of the intelligent design movement.

Maybe so Q, but in this case, I've come to believe Auggy just didn't didn't know any better

........again thanks mate

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 01:07:06 AM »
Your willingness to accept responsibility and ability to apologize is commendable and shows that you are a person of high character unlike the other person that does not even deserve his name mentioned in the same sentence with yours, Kin Hell.

monkeymind I missed this ( we were typing at the same time)   
thanks mate your comments describe someone to whom I can only hope to aspire, truthfully I've never found it difficult to hold my hands up to my errors, and I cannot maintain my vigorous defence of my personal space (and what behaviour I am willing or unwilling to tolerate from others within it) if I am unwilling to acknowledge when I may have invaded others' personal space.

But again thanks   very heartwarming

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 02:15:11 AM »

I offer no excuses, but ask only that you accept that it was momentary stupidity and not my rampant arrogance that mislead me into feeling it was a good idea at the time.

I unreservedly apologise for the lack of etiquette.

kh

Any lurkers out there: the above is how respect is earned on this forum. When you screw up, you recognize it and apologize. The apology may or may not be accepted, but regardless you've done the adult, honorable thing.

Apology accepted, kin hell. Now go rip the next poorly-framed argument a new one and pick your teeth clean with those crow feathers.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 02:45:27 AM »
^ I thank you wright  ...........kind words mate