Author Topic: Memo to the christian god  (Read 372 times)

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +729/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Memo to the christian god
« on: February 25, 2012, 11:32:48 PM »
Sorry guys, but I gotta do this:

Hey christian god. You're not visible. And you want us to have faith in you. You're not big on showing either your face or your hiney to folks, and I guess you have your reasons. But it is just a coincidence that all the other gods, you know, the fake ones that obviously never existed because they aren't part of the christian tradition, that those gods are equally invisible and require faith too. The gods before you and the ones after and the concurrent ones in far far away lands; all of them are invisible and require some variation of faith for the people to believe in them. Sure, there are the occasional statues and grilled cheese sandwiches with likenesses burned in, but for the most part they stay hidden, mostly because they don't exist. (A few folks had and have living gods. Egypt, Japan, etc. But most of are smart enough not to fall for that old trick.)

But getting back to the admittedly invisible ones. That's something I understand completely.  When you're not real, your options are limited. You kind of have to depend on a bunch of priests being very persuasive, because that's all you've got.. What other choice is there?

But if you're a real god, what in the world would you be copying fake gods for? Why use the exact same trickery if it's not necessary? You know, you're omnipo this and omnipo that and you're so good looking that you make your favorite creatures look just like you. And you hide. Maybe not from the first two folks, and maybe you occasionally showed up a few thousand years ago and discuss the finer points of religion with a few chosen followers. But then you stop. And that's it. So now people are dropping dead all over the place because they disagree about the specifics, and in a whole bunch of cases perfectly innocent people find themselves still believing in the invisible gods and flying planes into buildings and such, all because the you are shy? You're fine with laying guilt trips on us and fine with not cluing in the 38,000 variations on your perfect word as to the specifics, and fine with adding more room in hell, even with rising construction costs, and fine with priests diddling little boys and mommies drowning their kids and the burning of child "witches" in your name. Just because you're not an extrovert?

Grow up, super dude. Your adolescent years are way behind you and your career path sort of dictates you take a leadership role. Your "mysterious ways" were fine while you were a frat boy but now that you've leapfrogged into super-CEO status, and you're a member of the .00000000000000001% er's, you should look into using your god-taken ability to love and inspire and do something with it besides poop it into this outhouse you call the universe.

Telling us that you love us but we're sinners and putting it all on us to do the right thing when last decent thing you did was rinse off the planet is just wrong. Here we humans are, sometimes dying so some murderer can practice free will, sometimes being raped so some rapist can practice free will, sometimes being killed in car wrecks so some drunk can practice free will, while the best you can do is parade your kid around on a stick and say "That's my boy!!"

You gave us a life. Give one to yourself and do something, you lazy friction' bum!
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
Re: Memo to the christian god
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:25:59 AM »
No apologies necessary PP.   Had to get that off your chest did you!  Well this is the perfect place to do that.  Thanks for sharing and I conquer.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +729/-6
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:58 AM »
I should have ended it with this:

If you don't exist, nevermind...

In any case, thanks for understanding, thunder. This got set off by Augusta's customized version of his belief system. I just don't understand how people can't see the multitudinous flaws in their beliefs. Let alone the implausibility of a god-guy.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »
PP, I don't think we should underestimate the effects that arguments like your's have on theists who hang around a bit.  One at a time.  And ah, the safety of the internet.
“I wanna go ice fishing on Europa, and see if something swims up to the camera lens and licks it.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:45:44 PM »
Aren't you scared of the wrath? You have dissed the almighty smiter.

Keep posting periodically or we might begin to suspect you turned into a pillar of salt.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »
^^^Yeah but God hasn't figured out how to get an account, let alone, use Darwins.
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +729/-6
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 07:27:53 PM »
Aren't you scared of the wrath? You have dissed the almighty smiter.

Keep posting periodically or we might begin to suspect you turned into a pillar of salt.

Just got word that my family has been offered $20 for my remains by the Morton Salt. Is this like, you know, a sign?

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 03:25:12 AM »
I got the feeling that today is a good day to read this memo again.

Today is the day.