Author Topic: A Debate: Augusto vs. Lucifer - Commentary Thread  (Read 11619 times)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: A Debate: Augusto vs. Lucifer - Commentary Thread
« Reply #203 on: February 29, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »
Movie? It's gonna start a whole new religious movement!!! After all, Augusto is bigger than all of the past philosophers put together, as he clearly demonstrated with his perfect arguments. Not one claim was unsupported. Not one fallacy was used. Perfectly perfect arguments!!!
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #204 on: February 29, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »
Somehow, I don't think he'll be all that interested in asking.  Never know, though.  It might be a good way for him to "prove" how awfully we were persecuting him.
Stigmata

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #205 on: February 29, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »
Nice of you to offer, but I think I'll wait for the movie to come out.

Are you also waiting for parts 2 and 3 to come out of Atlas Shrugged.

I still contend that film should have been made as a CGI cartoon.  Real people can't breathe reality into Rand's idealizations and simplifications.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #206 on: February 29, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
No, because good fiction (in my view) has to be based on fact.

But in Augusto's case.... I always enjoy a comedy/fantasy.
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #207 on: February 29, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »
how about if its true? and when you realize of this, I'll be already a public, unreachable figure? :) it could be... Elvis was nobody, suddently he changed the world of mussic.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #208 on: February 29, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »
Has anyone ever read those create your own fantasy book, or something like that, where as you read the book allows you to jump to a different section to give the character different plots and stuff. Do those sound familiar to anyone, I remember reading them when I was a little girl and I loved them.

Will the book be like that, augusto? You know, kind of like spagging your own god, or whatever you book will be about. Kind of like the bible (opps)

Start with a good, strong first chapter, then based on what the first chapter is about allow the reader to select the direction he/she wishes to go, and instruct the read to just to a specific chapter, based on their desires and wishes of the main character in your book.

I think it would be perfect.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #209 on: February 29, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
how about if its true? and when you realize of this, I'll be already a public, unreachable figure?

What is the truth in your world anyways, augusto? What are some of the truth's components in your eyes?
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #210 on: February 29, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
That it can be proved, if you mean about the content of my book, I already provided some information in the link when I informed about it.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
how about if its true? and when you realize of this, I'll be already a public, unreachable figure? :) it could be... Elvis was nobody, suddently he changed the world of mussic.

Let's make it interesting.

If we make some sort of wager, what kind of time frame and evidence are we looking for to determine who wins the spoils?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #212 on: February 29, 2012, 09:49:01 PM »
So far I decided to explain just that in my latests posts in the topic, you'll need to find classification of emotions, structure of memory and / or other things, well... basically you cannot prove me wrong, you'll just have to wait until you see me on TV / Wikipedia, whatever... I must finish my book and publish it.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +722/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2012, 10:55:30 PM »
So far I decided to explain just that in my latests posts in the topic, you'll need to find classification of emotions, structure of memory and / or other things, well... basically you cannot prove me wrong, you'll just have to wait until you see me on TV / Wikipedia, whatever... I must finish my book and publish it.

To quote Mark Twain:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #214 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:19 PM »
Yeap, I have a problem to remain silent, seriously. What kind of guy would publish material from a not yet published book? but since I am the way I am and I did what I did, let me know if you can refute what I said. It would be interesting as a way to kill the time.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #215 on: March 01, 2012, 07:21:44 AM »

Grand! I have a degree in psychology. I did my senior thesis on emotion and memory.

Give me an overview of the current research that prompted your work/research. Make any inroads?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2012, 10:50:19 AM »
Yeap, I have a problem to remain silent, seriously. What kind of guy would publish material from a not yet published book? but since I am the way I am and I did what I did, let me know if you can refute what I said. It would be interesting as a way to kill the time.

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »
A quick explanation of what thinking is:

3 processes:
Abstraction: Taking information from memory or from our senses (example, vision, audition and so on)
Asimilation: Understanding the information.
Saving: Saving the information in memory.

Now, memory is not a pendrive, it's a "living" stuff in your brain, it works, it have organization, it changes and it moves so to speak.

Structure of memory:
Self image: This is the image of you, it is build to simulate you in psichic reality, it changes, it have values and it's complex.
Surounding: This is, so to speak a representation of the fisical enviroment, it constantly changes, it have rules.
Taste: I'm not going to explain this, not even a little bit, but I might adress it, so I wrote it it so you know there's more in the structure of memory.

Basically, memory emulates reality by having this "self image" and the surrounding. So whenever you get hit, insulted, kissed, promoted, degraded, or whatever, it will happen something similar in your brain. From the learning of such experiences (understand yourself as a laboratory rat subject of punishment and rewards) you will create "taste" which will help you to prevent intuitively negative events, and will help you to LIE to yourself to benefict your self image.

Now, self image is divided in parts, like appealing, strenght, age, intelligence and so on... each part and self image as a whole have levels. Imagine a recipient that can be filled with self-steem. This is extremely vulnerable to changes.

Finally, whenever you receive good or bad stimuli, self image is affected, and its values change, it is affected by the emotional system, which is basically like this:

Constructive/Destructive: It rises or lowest self steem levels.
Positive/Negative: Impulses you to act, it can be to approach to a source, or to go away from something that is negative to your self image.

Now, this 2 types of emotions can mix, and work along with "taste" as a psychic structure. So all emotions have a porpouse, I'm gonna stop now and leave room for questions. Then I'll go on.

NOTE: This is from my not yet published book, and I will not offer more information that what I want, nevertheless I'll try to answer every single question.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +722/-6
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2012, 02:13:51 PM »
Augusto

I assume that, in your research, you have read at least the works of other brain researchers who write for the general public, like Gazzaniga, Deacon, Churchland, Murphey and Brown, Uttal and others.

However, I can't help but notice you're big on self esteem. We here in the US have already learned about that subject by reading "Peanuts" and watching Charlie Brown suffer. What more could you possibly have to say?
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #219 on: March 01, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
Well man, only the truth, and I invite you to read the entire topic, my book covers EVERYTHING and proposes a re-estructuration of pretty much all humanistic sciences.

Obviously, I will not reveal my book in detail before the release, in a few months (this year), neither I will reveal all the other mechanisms or evidence. I just posted some of it because I wanted to stablish my reasons to argue about tradition.

Here's the link:

http://isgodimaginary.com/forum/index.php/topic,50325.0.html

You'll have to read it carefully, cause English is not my first language.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »
Augusto, I neglected to ask you to provide citations.

What specific area did you study in university? Cognitive neuroscience? Developmental psych? ...etc

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #221 on: March 01, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
None, I'm just a genious and studied my own mind. I just want to add you're in no possition to refuse my words, and my work proves itself, for it works in every single aspect of life and even in animals and society, by this I mean every thing a person can do or think in general.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-34
« Reply #222 on: March 01, 2012, 04:57:27 PM »
None, I'm just a genious

LOL
EDIT: Augusto, you deserved that +1. Seriously, man, you should be a comedian.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:01:34 PM by Lucifer »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2012, 04:58:59 PM »
None, I'm just a genious and studied my own mind. I just want to add you're in no possition to refuse my words, and my work proves itself, for it works in every single aspect of life and even in animals and society, by this I mean every thing a person can do or think in general.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »
That's exactly what I wanted...! thanks a lot, I am also bigger than Aristotle, Freud, Descartes and any other guy...!!! And I'm being serious. :D

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +722/-6
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
And so modest too...

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-34
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »
That's exactly what I wanted...! thanks a lot, I am also bigger than Aristotle, Freud, Descartes and any other guy...!!! And I'm being serious. :D

Repeating a joke makes it less funny, especially when you say it twice in like ten minutes.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2012, 05:30:49 PM »
Modest is something unreal, you can separate this like this:
- Lying about oneself to appear less and get the approval of others
- Having a low oppinion of oneself, which can be almost the same as having a low self-esteem.

Now, I am like this:
- I do not like to lie, and almost never do no matter what, yet try to be constructive and respectful as much as I can.
- I know who I am, but that doesn't make me feel superior in comparison with other people, actually I am a humble person.

I'm bad at jokes Lucifer, you'll see I was not joking when you see me on TV and you wont be able to contact me anyomore because becoming a public figure implies too many people writing letters and stuff.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-34
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »
I'm bad at jokes Lucifer, you'll see I was not joking when you see me on TV and you wont be able to contact me anyomore because becoming a public figure implies too many people writing letters and stuff.

I'm sure you'll become a public figure, just not for the reasons you think... If you know what I mean...
We choose our own gods.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2012, 05:37:42 PM »
Actually, I don't know how I can become a public figure if not because what I said. I believe it should be impossible...! :P

See... this is me and my wife:

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »
To quote Steely Dan:

You've been telling me you're a genius since you were seventeen.
In all the time I've known you, I still don't know what you mean.
The weekend at the college didn't turn out like you planned.
The things that pass for knowledge, I can't understand.

I've seen you cite so much ridiculous material like the Russian experiment in which (according to you) photons in the pattern of a DNA molecule remained in place for 22 minutes.  Photons can't remain anywhere.  They either move at the speed of light or they are absorbed.  I checked your source, Quantum Balancing,  and it did not mention 22 minutes.

Also the source was a mass of silly babble.  It talked about the alkalines that are components of a DNA molecule.  DNA is an acid.  I googled to see what the connection was, if any.  I found that caustic alkalines are used to break DNA into small segments.

It said that DNA has endogenous laser light.  That would mean DNA is a laser.

It said that DNA is a code.  And language is a code.  So it said linguistics applies to DNA.  It said that the lasers produce sound.  So they used human language (Russian, I suppose) to talk to the DNA.  It finally said that by talking to the DNA they:
They even captured information patterns of a particular DNA and transmitted it onto another, thus reprogramming cells to another genome. So they successfully transformed, for example, frog embryos to salamander embryos simply by transmitting the DNA information patterns!

So I clicked the Home button and found the main page, http://www.quantumbalancing.com/.  For $1700 to $2600 they will sell you an oscillator that produces a 3.1 Mhz signal.  They will also sell you an ancient Tibetan water energizer if you don't want the other one which makes, "structured, energized water for pennies!"

Now AM radio is .620 to 1.620 Mhz and VHF TV starts at 54 Mhz and FM radio is 98 to 108 Mhz.  What is at 3.1 Mhz.  I checked the FCC.  That's a band for calibrating aircraft on a runway.  I also found a petition to the FCC from a company that wanted to use it as a communication device.  They assured the FCC that it would only go 22 mm.  For such a weak signal the FCC allowed it.

A radio frequency oscillator won't take more than $15 of parts to build.  They toss around "bio-photon"  and "experiment" and "research" and "professional" to imply this has a medical use without coming out and saying it. 

They have a pyramid power pendant too. 

And you think this is a valid source.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »
I just took an article and copy pasted it. Also, I was not well informed on that particular matter.

You know? I am surprised by the huge attention I've got since I came here, it is the same in real life, also, mostly I get rejected pretty fast by people.

Man, pardon me if this reply is not serious enough, I'm bored and not interested in "proving" anything. Rather than that, I would consider more interesting that you use your knowledge on psychology to argue about the brief post you asked me for.