Author Topic: A Debate: Augusto vs. Lucifer - Commentary Thread  (Read 13991 times)

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
Re: A Debate: Augusto vs. Lucifer - Commentary Thread
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
Not that I "need" to post any video, the problem is: this have not been specified when setting the rules for the debate, and it seems to me like you are looking for any chance to provoque me, and to undermine my arguments based on arbitrary rules fitting your needs. Hopefully this is not the case. Such as this removal of my post in the debate zone, when it was clearly on topic.

Also, about the Darwins, Monkeymind's negative Darwin was removed, on which base my arbitrary negative Darwins are not removed?

I didn't come here to be less than any other member, don't hold your hopes that I will be accepting everything you want to do with me, to mock and ridicule without defending my rights. And I will not take part in this joke as long as it keeps like this, for I have the right to reclaim dignity, equality and respect, just as everyone else in the comunity. If you cannot offer me this, not even on a private debate, well, it's over.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:23:50 AM by Augusto »

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2012, 11:22:21 AM »
Not that I "need" to post any video, the problem is: this have not been specified when setting the rules for the debate, and it seems to me like you are looking for any chance to provoque me, and to undermine my arguments based on arbitrary rules fitting your needs. Hopefully this is not the case. Such as this removal of my post in the debate zone, when it was clearly on topic.

You should check the rest of the forum every once in a while. Posting videos (AKA: letting other people make your arguments for you) is considered poor debate etiquette.
EDIT: Also note that only one small piece of your post (the one related to me) was actually relevant.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »
ADDED: Augusto (so you know this was addressed to you)

The moderators are fair and treat everyone equally.

Members are pretty quick to jump on bad arguments no matter where they come from. I have been set straight more than once and it is not always nice or pleasant.

Notice that I gave you  a Darwin for your apology and Rickmooston plus one'd you for your effort.
So I appreciate honesty and Ricky is an encourager (although I almost gave Ricky a negative Darwin for encouraging what I consider bad arguments).

People may not always be nice. It is not a requirement.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:34:47 AM by monkeymind »
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2012, 11:26:14 AM »
Not that I "need" to post any video, the problem is: this have not been specified when setting the rules for the debate,

As debate mod, I set rules as needed - they apply to both you and Lucifer the same. I don't see him complaining, because he doesn't need videos to help him.

... and it seems to me like you are looking for any chance to provoque me, and to undermine my arguments based on arbitrary rules fitting your needs. Hopefully this is not the case.

If I wanted to do that, I assure you I could easily make your life here miserable. Stop whining about the debate rules and DEBATE.

Also, about the Darwins, Monkeymind's negative Darwin was removed, on which base my arbitrary negative Darwins are not removed?

I have no idea what on Earth you are talking about.

Now stop whining and debate Lucifer. The rules apply equally to both sides.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
So I have a poor debating etiquette, and you're just fine. That sounds good. Excepting this:

"First of all, that entire article is BS. DNA is not language any more than my farts are classical music. DNA is a molecule. It's as simple as that. Second of all, what you said is not even present in the article. Third, the very notion that what you said is true is retarded. Photons don't stop moving; not even in very low temperatures. And finally, that article is... well, it's retarded.[2] "Vacuum domains are self-radiant balls of ionized gas that contain considerable amounts of energy"? Seriously? Vacuum has nothing even resembling atoms or ions. Whoever wrote that article needs to go back to school. Or go to school in the first place. I know of no student who would even suggest the existence of something even close to a gas in vacuum. It's oxymoronic.
Come back with a new source. One with less idiocy and more facts."

List:
BS: Bullshit
Farts
Retarded (2 times)
Needs to go back to school (2 times in different ways)
Oxymoronic
Idiocy

Okay, that's a nice example of etiquette.

Monkeymind: I saw your possitive Darwing, and I respect you for that, but your negative Darwin was removed and all my unfair negative Darwins stay.

HAL: You cannot create new rules to sentence my posts as you see fit, for I haven't seen you sentencing Lucifer's break of the STABLISHED RULES, so I will not accept you or the comunity members to mock at me.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:31:06 AM by Augusto »

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »

Related to the article, which is essential to... nothing. As I pointed out, your claim was nowhere to be found in that article.

Farts

It was an analogy. I like analogies, but if you'd prefer, I could use a different word. Replace fart with screech, for example.

Retarded (2 times)

Related to the article and the person who wrote the article, respectively.

Oxymoronic

That's not an insult. It means "contradictory".

Idiocy

Also related to the article.

I'll refrain from insulting websites that have nothing to do with your claims if you stop posting links to them and claiming that they do have something to do with your claims. Deal?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »

Related to the article, which is essential to... nothing. As I pointed out, your claim was nowhere to be found in that article.

Farts

It was an analogy. I like analogies, but if you'd prefer, I could use a different word. Replace fart with screech, for example.

Retarded (2 times)

Related to the article and the person who wrote the article, respectively.

Oxymoronic

That's not an insult. It means "contradictory".

Idiocy

Also related to the article.

I'll refrain from insulting websites that have nothing to do with your claims if you stop posting links to them and claiming that they do have something to do with your claims. Deal?

The rules we agree to this debate imply a civil debate, you cannot undermine my arguments by describing them as trash. You must prove them to be false or accept them.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Augusto,

Do you understand what a debate really is? If you want to waste time in the commentary thread - be my guest. However, I'd suggest you concentrate on the other thread - you know - the actual debate.

Think about what is being said to you and formulate a response based on your own opinions and knowledge, and not someone else's off the internets. That's not what the debate is for. If we want opinions off the internets we can all just Google them and close the debate down.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
[chalenge]
I challenge Augusto to a debate about debates in debate commentary threads!   :)

Wait! I forgot the white glove slap.

SLAP!

There, it is official!

[/challenge]
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline Grogs

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
So Grog, you're implying Lucifer discovered his argument by himself? cool... let's see what else he discovered, and good luck on bringing Lord Anthony Horton in here, and good luck at disproving him, while so far neither of you seem able to disprove my very first argument.

I'm not implying anything. Lucifer presented his original argument. He's not the first person to ever come up with the individual points in the argument I'm sure, but he's almost certainly the first person to synthesize them into that exact form. That's the whole point of a debate - presenting your argument. Lucifer presented his argument, and you presented somebody else's. If you don't think that's wrong, then the next time you have a paper or a report wrong, just copy somebody else's, put a cite at the bottom, i.e., "I copied this verbatim from http://whatever," and see what grade you get for the work.

As for "your" argument, it appears to be nothing more than a god of the gaps argument. In short, "we can't explain how X works (yet!), therefore god!" People have been making this argument for thousands of years, and in every case where the cause for X has been explained, the answer has been "not god." The author of the arguments also shows a poor grasp of physics, and several of his points are incorrect. His explanation of the uncertainty principle is incomplete at best; The statement about the 1st law has been shown to be incorrect; There is no indication at this point that quantum entanglement transfers any information; We do see hot gas at the beginning of the universe - it's called the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation; A 12.8 billion year old galaxy is still 1 billion years after the Big Bang. My favorite bit is that after going on and on about "freed electrons" is a computer based on the decay of Am-241, which is an alpha emitter.

As for your reply to Lucifer, you admit (practically gloat) that there are errors throughout the Bible, and in many cases things were changed intentionally, but then you assert without a shred of evidence that it still contains the path to salvation.If I had a physics book that was constantly telling me things like E=mc3, F=mb, or V=IR2, I would determine that it was crap and throw it in the garbage. The Bible tells us that the Earth was created in 6 days, snakes and donkeys talk, a flood once covered the entire world and killed everything, bats are birds, mating goats in front of a striped pole produces striped offspring, demons cause sickness, Pi=3, and all sorts of nonsense that has been shown to be wrong. Therefore, if you can't explain why we should trust the other parts of it, it should rightfully be thrown in the garbage pail of history, along with all mentions of the ancient bronze-age tribal god YHWH.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »
The rules we agree to this debate imply a civil debate, you cannot undermine my arguments by describing them as trash. You must prove them to be false or accept them.

As I said right at the beginning of my post, that website was in no way related to your argument. I used my browser's search function to look for "photon" and didn't what you claimed. Then, just to be safe, I read it. Gave me a headache, but I managed to finish it. There were some claims that sonic vibrations had resulted in DNA manipulation, but nothing even remotely resembling your claim.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
I am in my right to leave the debate right now, for all rules where broken. I asked for Lucifer and you to apologize, also Lucifer must edit his post to fit the rules. He have not offered a second evidence, neither argue to defend his first argument. He broke the rules of a civil debate and you asked me for the title of the debate just to come up with your own title and new rules, also ignoring Lucifer's actions.

So, let me know if you're willing to act accordingly or close the debate, for I said I'm not less than any other member and I will not accept less.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »
Thanks for finally using your own words, even if only to admit defeat. May the Fail be With You.
We choose our own gods.

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2012, 11:43:16 AM »
I am aware of a huge amount of evil things written in the bible, not to mention errors and contradictions. The bible also says the Jews were evildoers, people who several times turned their hearts to other gods, people who ignored God's commands and so on. So I believe (and this is corroborated) the bible have been manipulated and its content changed over the years, furthermore I consider even when it was written, a lot of things were included for human / particular reasons, and those things were not part of God's actions or will.

This bullshit has been embarrassingly debunked countless times from just about every possible angle. But as long as dishonest assholes retreat to this non-retreat, people who are sick and tired of this shit will continue to call "Bullshit!" on these idiots.

The reason for the occurrence of the Human Biblical Alteration ArgumentTM can be reasonably explained like this:

The Bible is a collection of ancient[1] human writings. There have been many humans who have contributed to the Bible's content. The amount of originality of each individual's contribution varies from one contributor to the next. Some human contributions were verbal, some were written. Some people have noticed the ignorance and inconsistency of the Bible and have properly dismissed the Bible as just another bullshit man-made story. Other people have noticed this same ignorance and inconsistency and have concluded that the ignorant and inconsistent parts must have been created by men. These people fail to notice that even the most brilliant parts of the Bible have been surpassed in knowledge and wisdom by other writings of humans. They also fail to realize that an extremely capable being would never communicate in this fashion. These people are trying to salvage as much of "The Word of God" as they possibly can. "The Word of God" is defined by what they are currently comfortably accepting as being "The Word of God".

The Human Biblical Alteration ArgumentTM is an obviously extremely weak argument, whether it comes from a Christian or a Muslim. At least there is a term for it in mainstream Islam. It is called "Tahrif". You see, if you are a Muslim using this argument, it is accepted common "knowledge" throughout your religion that the Bible has been corrupted by men. At least Allah gave a reissue of the Original Word of GodTM to The Prophet Mohammad[2]. The Christian god, on the other hand, never corrected what Man has done. YHWH just leaves it up to the Christians to decipher what is His Word and what isn't. It's funny how these Christians of the Corrupted WordTM can't come to an agreement on what is God's Word and what isn't. As a matter of fact, mainstream Christianity accepts the entire Bible as "The True Word of God".

This bullshit is weak on so many fronts.

You, Augusto, are no different than any other religious lunatic. You just keep making up the bullshit as you go along.

1. Depending on which version of the Bible you are referring to, some of the content might have been added at a later-than-ancient time(depending on how you define the word "ancient").
 2. Peace be upon Him. Well, on further thought, fuck him.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2012, 11:50:20 AM »
Thanks for finally using your own words, even if only to admit defeat. May the Fail be With You.

Dude, you know your refutal is flawed. And I can totally debate it, I'm just not willing to keep under your game (and by this I mean more than just you). Also, if someone is to lose, it should be you, for breaking the rules and trying to undermine my argument with low words and little reason.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +772/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »
I am in my right to leave the debate right now, for all rules where broken. I asked for Lucifer and you to apologize, also Lucifer must edit his post to fit the rules. He have not offered a second evidence, neither argue to defend his first argument. He broke the rules of a civil debate and you asked me for the title of the debate just to come up with your own title and new rules, also ignoring Lucifer's actions.

So, let me know if you're willing to act accordingly or close the debate, for I said I'm not less than any other member and I will not accept less.

I quote myself from yesterday (bold added for obvious reasons):
2. Your little march through negative karmaville this morning was not well received. As a member who has never given negative karma to anyone, no matter how much I disliked or disagreed with them, I find it hard to understand why you felt it necessary to zap a few folks. Obviously others did the same to you, and I'm not accusing you of being unfair, but it leads me to think that you might not have the ability to debate without having your feelings hurt. Can you prove me wrong?

I'm usually not this prescient. But I'm patting myself on my back right now. It's taking awhile to type this one handed. There. Done.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2012, 11:53:05 AM »
Looks like the debate has shifted to this thread.

I need to go out to Home Depot and get some wire for my Model Railroad. If anyone else would like to try and help Augusto understand what a formal debate is, I'd be much obliged, even give out some +1's.

Thanks.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
Dude, you know your refutal is flawed.

I know it might be. If I thought it was flawed I probably wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

And I can totally debate it,

Then do so. I can also claim many things, but without evidence, they're meaningless.

Also, if someone is to lose, it should be you, for breaking the rules and trying to undermine my argument with low words and little reason.

Show me where my reason is flawed and we'll talk then.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Grogs

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
I'm usually not this prescient. But I'm patting myself on my back right now. It's taking awhile to type this one handed. There. Done.

Admit it, you have one of those STI computers in your house, don't you? It was the global consciousness that told you this was going to happen.  ;)

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2012, 11:58:39 AM »

I quote myself from yesterday (bold added for obvious reasons):
2. Your little march through negative karmaville this morning was not well received. As a member who has never given negative karma to anyone, no matter how much I disliked or disagreed with them, I find it hard to understand why you felt it necessary to zap a few folks. Obviously others did the same to you, and I'm not accusing you of being unfair, but it leads me to think that you might not have the ability to debate without having your feelings hurt. Can you prove me wrong?

Not my feelings, but each one can understand my words as they see fit to their belief.

Lucifer: Read my previous posts and fix your post, then I can answer. But this shall be the last time I will return after you break the stablished rules, and also the last time I will accept new rules. Whenever HAL or anyone else feels the urge to create more rules against me, he better close the debate.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:00:27 PM by Augusto »

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
Lucifer: Read my previous posts and fix your post, then I can answer.

There is a time limit to editing posts. IIRC it's 2 hours. I can't edit my posts anymore. However, even if I could, I would do no such thing unless I found something I wanted to fix and/or was instructed to by a staff member.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2012, 12:02:06 PM »
Mmm, okay. Then at least face what you did and apologize like a man, then I shall continue the debate (and read my previous post).

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »
Then at least face what you did

I already acknowledged what I did.

and apologize like a man

I have nothing to apologize for. I explained why my insults were unrelated to your argument and yourself. In short, my insults were irrelevant to the discussion.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
So debate is over.

And for the record what you said TODAY, after I pointed the nature of your response:

"bird crap" reffering to the arguments, "Trust me, it's not gonna be pretty." bullying me, and "I called your arguments what they were - stupid. You yourself were left out of my comments." Yes, I was blown away by the low quality of by opponent.

This is why I didn't wanted you to debate me, because your true, obsene nature was pretty clear to me since I first exchange a few words with you. So, if you represent this community, I have nothing else to say. Well, actually yes: You're all fanatics, and your rules are an excuse, for this comunity, as well as your "religion" have no rules at all.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:16:48 PM by Augusto »

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »
So debate is over.

The debate was over from the beginning. Get a clue!
Sounds like a little child. Are you about to throw a temper tantrum, next? Geesh dude get some huveos!

Adios, Adeu, fairwell, arivederci, bon voyage, see ya! Take it Easy, later dude, sayonara!
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Luv,
Monkeymind

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »
So debate is over.

Look, even if I were to say "I'm sorry", I wouldn't mean it. There's just no way. So continue debate by acknowledging the fact that my insults had nothing to do with your argument, "like a man".
We choose our own gods.

Offline RNS

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
  • Diplomat
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »
Augusto why are you taking things so personally? Most of the negativity is directed towards the content, not you. The information is judged by its own merit, not who it is coming from.

You've written a lot about not having the same rights as the rest of the community or not being welcome etc. but I'm finding it hard to see where you are getting this impression from.
love and truth and love of truth

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2012, 12:23:32 PM »
Augusto why are you taking things so personally? Most of the negativity is directed towards the content, not you. The information is judged by its own merit, not who it is coming from.

You've written a lot about not having the same rights as the rest of the community or not being welcome etc. but I'm finding it hard to see where you are getting this impression from.

Read from the previous page, as I already have exposed all my reasons.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +772/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »

Admit it, you have one of those STI computers in your house, don't you? It was the global consciousness that told you this was going to happen.  ;)
I don't need one. I AM the force.  ;D

Oh, and I guess it's bye-bye to Augusto.

I assume he'll run around telling everyone what horrible, maniacal fanatics we are, even though we aren't. I'd love to have a shriveled mind and stuff so I could act that way, but I have to work with what I've got. Drats.

(If you happen to read this Augusto, the above says that i wish that I could act like a horrible manic, not that you are one. Just wanted that to be clear. You're apparently easy to confuse.)

Lucifer, can you keep posting stuff in the thread for our continued entertainment? You did good. And cuss all you want. It turns some of us on.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.