Author Topic: A Debate: Augusto vs. Lucifer - Commentary Thread  (Read 11824 times)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-36
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: A Debate: Augusto vs. Lucifer - Commentary Thread
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2012, 06:17:44 PM »
Actually, I don't know how I can become a public figure if not because what I said. I believe it should be impossible...! :P

Trust me, you will always be remembered as an egocentric idiot.
Or maybe not. I could be wrong. But your idiocy will remain on this forum for as long as the forum itself remains here.

See... this is me and my wife:

<snip>

...And?

I just took an article and copy pasted it.

Did you know that plagiarism is a crime?

Also, I was not well informed on that particular matter.

Noshit. Creationists are never well informed. Otherwise they wouldn't be creationists.

You know? I am surprised by the huge attention I've got since I came here,

It's not every day we get people with your combo of idiocy and egocentrism. Interestingly enough, I think that when we do get people like you, they're always theists.

it is the same in real life, also, mostly I get rejected pretty fast by people.

I wonder why...

Man, pardon me if this reply is not serious enough, I'm bored and not interested in "proving" anything.

We know that. You've made it pretty clear since post #1.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2012, 06:23:40 PM »
Augusto, I feel sad. 

I think IGI is a good fit for you. I think you're time will be better spent sharing your vast knowledge and genius with them. It will just be our loss. And, years from now, we will lament having sent you off. We (from the athiest religion) will wail and beat our breasts at our inability to grasp your genius.

A clean break is the best. One parthian shot, one last chance to glimpse your genius, then off you go. Never to bless us again with your mighty intellect.

It is a sad day.

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »
Lucy... were you laughting when you wrote that? :D

If so, I'm glad cause it's super funny...! hopefully you wont be angry at me right? it wouldn't make sense to get angry at someone you're sure is a combo of stupidity.

Point of showing the picture was to stablish I am brown, from a sub-developed country, and have no study of psychology or philosophy, as possible "arguments" that would prove it's impossible that I can come up and destroy pretty much all of the humanistic tradition regarding sciences.

As I said, I would like Ambassator Pony to argue objetively, since he asked me for some arguments to debate. Internet can be bored as hell if one can't find a way to waste time right?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-36
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2012, 06:33:23 PM »
If so, I'm glad cause it's super funny...! hopefully you wont be angry at me right? it wouldn't make sense to get angry at someone you're sure is a combo of stupidity.

Nope. I pity you for your lack of knowledge.

Point of showing the picture was to stablish I am brown,

The color of your skin is irrelevant.

as possible "arguments" that would prove it's impossible that I can come up and destroy pretty much all of the humanistic tradition regarding sciences.

...I don't even understand what you mean by "humanistic tradition regarding sciences".
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2012, 06:36:27 PM »
Can you quote where I said debate?

I asked a question about the study that preceded your research. I discovered you don't even know what research is. That's the end of it, sweetheart. There's nothing after that.

It's time for you to move on to IGI. Please, parthian shot to sate your ego, then off you go. You can do it, little buddy.
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2012, 06:59:20 PM »
Quote from: Augusto
<snip>

snipped for brevity.

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2012, 07:25:48 PM »
*egg on face*

I can't believe it, after all this time a troll can troll me for a few minutes.

Keeps me humble. Keeps me humble.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »
*egg on face*

I can't believe it, after all this time a troll can troll me for a few minutes.

Keeps me humble. Keeps me humble.

Shall I smite you for posterity?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-36
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2012, 07:30:24 PM »
Hadn't someone already pointed out that Augusto was a troll? :S
We choose our own gods.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »

We need your spidey senses!

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-36
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »

...I wasn't referring to me. I remember quoting someone who suggested that he was either someone from IGI in "disguise" or a troll. I replied sarcastically, saying that he was clearly none of those things.
We choose our own gods.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2012, 08:40:39 PM »
I don't remember when it was, but a while back Kcrady had a debate on the topic of the KCA, it's well worth reading.

Can anyone find this debate?
“I wanna go ice fishing on Europa, and see if something swims up to the camera lens and licks it.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »

...I wasn't referring to me. I remember quoting someone who suggested that he was either someone from IGI in "disguise" or a troll. I replied sarcastically, saying that he was clearly none of those things.

oops!  i need to pay attention.   :o

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2012, 08:58:24 PM »
Augusto:
I am not joking, you're taking to one of the most important persons of this century, and since I'm being honest, I'll say it all: by artificial intelligence I mean machines with the ability to think and feel emotions just like any human being... I know how "the soul" works.

This is the biggest humanistic work since the beggining of humanity, and I am bigger than Descartes, Freud, Aristotle or any other.

Now let me say it all: I am pointing at changing the world as a whole in so many aspects that you wouldn't be able to digest, and I'm weird enought to come to this forum and say it, and explain part of the escence of my work to everyone before publishing my book.

Wiki, check-list from DSM-IV, Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. Requires excessive admiration
5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. Is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Do the math, people.

Then please be gentle.

It's not his fault he's like this.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:01:18 PM by Gnu Ordure »

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2012, 10:02:29 PM »
Augusto:
I am not joking, you're taking to one of the most important persons of this century, and since I'm being honest, I'll say it all: by artificial intelligence I mean machines with the ability to think and feel emotions just like any human being... I know how "the soul" works.

This is the biggest humanistic work since the beggining of humanity, and I am bigger than Descartes, Freud, Aristotle or any other.

Now let me say it all: I am pointing at changing the world as a whole in so many aspects that you wouldn't be able to digest, and I'm weird enought to come to this forum and say it, and explain part of the escence of my work to everyone before publishing my book.

Wiki, check-list from DSM-IV, Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Wanker

fixed

EDIT removed irritated bile   

gentle Gnu?   as in lambs to the-s laughter

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:54:06 PM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +84/-1
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2012, 10:30:32 PM »

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes[/i]

Wow...it's like he read the narcissist's handbook. I suppose that's a good starting point if you are planning on trolling. Pick a personality disorder and see how long it takes you to display every characteristic.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2012, 11:05:10 PM »
:) You got a negative Darwing already Gnu. :police:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:07:15 PM by Augusto »

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +544/-13
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
Yes, because he's a serious psychologist giving a serious diagnosis over the internet.  *eyeroll*

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2012, 11:36:44 PM »
I just took an article and copy pasted it. Also, I was not well informed on that particular matter.

Actually I like some of your writing.

Your English is rather good.  You have a large vocabulary.  (St. Paul by contrast seemed to use the same 500 words over and over in 20 years of writing.)

Peer review does not mean being straitjacketed into a party line.  It means some outside reader points out really glaring errors like that electrified homeopathic woo site.

It was interesting for me to follow my curiosity on some of the statements.  I didn't know DNA is cut to fragments by caustic alkalies, for instance.

Offline Augusto

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-15
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2012, 11:46:16 PM »
Nobody knows enough of every field, thanks for the compliment, I'm surprised...! :O

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2012, 11:59:59 PM »
Wiki, check-list from DSM-IV, Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Do the math, people.

Then please be gentle.

It's not his fault he's like this.

(pretty old reference coming up)

VenomFangX, is that you? For some reason I just couldn't resist.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »
Big head syndrome  or shitloads of cocaine.  &)
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »

I remember that... don't remember which thread/page though.