Poll

What is your religious position?

gnostic atheist - I know for certain that there are no gods.
159 (16.5%)
gnostic monotheist - I know for certain that only one specific god exists.
94 (9.7%)
gnostic polytheist - I know for certain that there is more than one god.
4 (0.4%)
gnostic pantheist - I know for certain that that everything is god.
12 (1.2%)
gnostic deist - I know for certain that there is a god that started the universe but does not actively meddle with it or us.
6 (0.6%)
agnostic atheist - I do not know for certain, but I think there are no gods.
279 (28.9%)
agnostic monotheist - I do not know for certain, but I think only one specific god exists.
21 (2.2%)
agnostic polytheist - I do not know for certain, but I think there is more than one god.
4 (0.4%)
agnostic pantheist - I do not know for certain, but I think that everything is god.
24 (2.5%)
agnostic deist - I do not know for certain, but I think there is a god that started the universe but does not actively meddle with it or us.
36 (3.7%)
ignostic atheist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that there are no gods.
87 (9%)
ignostic monotheist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that only one specific god exists.
2 (0.2%)
ignostic polytheist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that there is more than one god.
1 (0.1%)
ignostic pantheist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that that everything is god.
10 (1%)
ignostic deist - While the concepts of god(s) are meaningless, it is likely that there is a god that started the universe but does not actively meddle with it or us.
7 (0.7%)
apnostic atheist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess there are no gods.
37 (3.8%)
apnostic monotheist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess only one specific god exists.
1 (0.1%)
apnostic polytheist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess there is more than one god.
0 (0%)
apnostic pantheist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess that everything is god.
7 (0.7%)
apnostic deist - I don't care if there are any gods, but I guess there is a god that started the universe but does not actively meddle with it or us.
7 (0.7%)
Any type of henotheist - There (may be/is only) more than one god, but I think of only one specific god.
6 (0.6%)
I am a god!  [checks self in mirror and grins]
82 (8.5%)
Missionary.
30 (3.1%)
So! Many! Choices! (Karma Sutra)
50 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 628

Author Topic: What is your religious position?  (Read 74163 times)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Re: What is your religious position?
« Reply #696 on: October 27, 2014, 11:33:33 PM »
^^^Uh. Why are you here again?  :angel:
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +798/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #697 on: October 28, 2014, 12:49:34 AM »
"I don't have to explain the symmetry of a butterfly. It requires no explanation"
meaningless

Of course it is. That was my intent. Your desire to give it meaning is causing you problems.

It is what it is. It isn't what you want it to be. Big difference.

Added: P.S. When your posts are only one word long, you sound pretty coherent.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline cloverleaf

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #698 on: October 28, 2014, 12:59:39 AM »
do you think there is a system in the universe or its all chaos?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #699 on: October 28, 2014, 07:20:54 AM »
Hi cloverleaf

welcome to our forum.  My use of green text indicates I am acting as a moderator in this post and not participating in the discussion.

Please note the topic of this thread is "What is your religious position?" not "preach at us."  Please either state your religious position as defined in the Original Post, or make your arguments elsewhere.  Otherwise, we just have chaos here and no one wants that. 

Thanks.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline BlackLight

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #700 on: November 01, 2014, 01:48:55 AM »
Agnostic atheist here. Not a gnostic because I don't think we're talking about a claim that can be known. Not an ignostic because I think the concept of a God has meaning. Not an apnostic (hey, I learned a new word!) because I do care whether or not gods exist.

I suppose I'd also be an adeist if we ever get around to inventing that word.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #701 on: November 01, 2014, 01:53:55 AM »
^^^Welcome to the forum, Blacklight. Hope to see you around.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius