Author Topic: youtube vid from creationist about no evidence for evolution and bonus vid  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Have fun commenting on the vid guys :D  To comment on his youtube page right click the vid and select watch on youtube.

Also you should check out the one he does on biblical contradictions arent real contradictions.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:37:38 PM by Turbo SS »

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
Re: youtube vid from creationist about no evidence for evolution and bonus vid
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
So, his evidence against evolution is the fact that a single drawer in the Natural History Museum is empty.  I don't think that counts as anything except evidence against him having a functional brain, to be honest.

Seems like he spends more time bragging about how good his argument is in the latter video than actually addressing the issue of contradictions.  He also doesn't get that contradictions include issues with translations.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:29:46 PM by jaimehlers »

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 07:33:54 PM »
Have fun commenting on the vid guys :D  To comment on his youtube page right click the vid and select watch on youtube.

Meet his dad. It's Brains from "Thunderbirds"

"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »
He's allowed his opinion, but his holier than thou attitude/obnoxious voice combo is too hard to listen too.

And he loves finger quotes too much.
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:10 PM »
Open mouth, insert foot:

me: Maybe you should do your research better instead of spending so much time patting yourself on the back. For example, saying that someone was not really a Christian if they stopped being one (as you did in one of the featured comments) is a logical fallacy. It's an ad hoc excuse to maintain your unreasoned assumption that No True Christian would lose their faith. See "No True Scotsman" for further details.

him: @jaimehlers you need to do your homework because a REAL X-tian places Gods authority 1st! If they never placed Gods authority above their own well then they obviously were never X-tian. The no true Scotts man fallacy won't work in this case. We have a requirement to be a X-ian and if you never filled it and pretended to does not make you a X-ian. Our authority comes from God. So how can someone make a claim that they held Gods authority above all when it obviously wasn't the case?

me: @Lacocacolaman Thus, you confirm my point.  There is no difference between referring to a "Real Christian" vs. a "True Christian", therefore your statement of what a Real Christian would do is a textbook example of No True Scotsman.  Furthermore, your follow-up argument is sophistry.  How do you know that these former Christians were "pretending" to abide by God's authority, rather than doing so in truth at the time they were Christians?

He hasn't yet responded to my latest comment, mainly because I only made it a few seconds ago.  But I think I've clearly demonstrated the No True Scotsman part.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +17/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »
Stupid museum hiding evidences!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 08:27:58 PM »
Brutal budget cuts to the American Museum of Natural History in NYC preceded the current economic crisis, and during the crisis, the museum has suffered not only retroactive budget cuts within each of the past 2 (or 3?) fiscal years, but has also suffered a decrease in private donors and foundation support. 

However, the AMNH continues to maintain an admissions policy of "suggested donation."  A family of 5 can arrive at the museum, and say we are 5 people and we would like to donate $5.  They will be given an admission pin, just like the family that paid the "suggested donation" of $19 per adult, and $10 per child. 

The museum made the hard decision that continuing to open their doors to low income families is more important than updating exhibits, staffing all rooms, and even protecting their valuable resources.  I support that decision.  But it makes me sad and angry. 

I think that this kid said that he was at the LA Natural History Museum.  I am certain that their budget has suffered, just as museums across the country have suffered.  I don't know what hard decisions the staff at this museum have had to make. 

This kid opened the drawer, and found it empty.  There was no one near him when he opened the drawer, just as there was no one near whatever thief or vandal emptied the contents of that drawer.  If the museum were properly funded, and properly staffed, this would not have happend.  This makes me furious. 

Our national values are all screwed up.  And we are producing kids like him. 

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 08:37:28 PM »
He's allowed his opinion, but his holier than thou attitude/obnoxious voice combo is too hard to listen too.

I really can't watch it.

I've seen b*llshit like that over the years and it just makes me mad, because he's not going to listen to reason even if you commented on it rationally. He's indoctrinated and brainwashed - you can't reach him via the internet.

A shame, but that's my attitude recently.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
Further examples of him trying to prove that he isn't using No True Scotsman:

him: @jaimehlers ok you really can't grasp this. the idea that you can be a christian and say you have a higher authority than God is as stupid as saying you're a christian who thinks jesus was just a man. You really can't apply the true scotts to this because they seriously weren't christian they admit it by claiming they never held Gods authority over theirs!

me: @Lacocacolaman No, I grasp it just fine. You see, I am talking about people who were real, honest-to-God Christians (abiding by God's authority, et al) at some point in the past.  You are trying to say that they were _never_ Christians because they stopped being Christians, and that is why No True Scotsman applies. The fact that they are not Christians now does not change the fact that they were Christians before.

him: @jaimehlers CONT>

imagine you telling me you completely trust me, then I tell you to jump off the roof of a 3 story building and I promise to catch you. Then you say "no, i don't think you can catch me." Then it's obvious you never trusted me! it's the same exact concept. please think this through. IF you still hold this logic explain to me how someone who doesn't put Gods authority over mans was still a christian?

me: @Lacocacolaman This example is flawed. You are assuming that the reason I refused is because I didn't trust you, when in fact it could have been any number of other reasons, such as the likelihood that you would be seriously hurt in trying to catch me. Or others, for that matter.

Your question is just another reprise of the same fallacy you've been making. What someone does in the present does not influence what they did in the past.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 09:24:08 PM »
Has anyone seen that Simpsons episode where Lisa and Homer go to the museum. Homer wants to take the orb of Isis and Lisa tries to stop him saying, 'it's behind the velvet rope!". Eventually Homer takes the Orb, makes a discovery about it, and returns it to its position (then eventually setting off an alarm and running from the guard dogs)

The video is kind of like this.

http://simpsonswiki.net/wiki/Lost_Our_Lisa

Dude, if it's behind the velvet rope then it's probably off limits. It there is no velvet rope then it's probably a hands on exhibit, which a lot of the museums I've been to offer.

This dude hardly stumbled upon anything magnificent. (and if so let the curator of the LA Museum of Natural History go down in our science text books as the guy who disproved evolution, and hell... win the Noble Peace Prize.)

Good for you, Mr. Curator. It only took some little fuck on youtube to bring you to the public's eye.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Cyberia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +35/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »
Reptiles to Birds: Archeopteryx

I win.
Soon we will judge angels.

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
Many times I open my wallet and find it empty. I didn't know that I was looking at conclusive evidence that there is no money in this world!

If this is what gets the first prize in a contest, I would like to see the other entries. Does anyone have a link to those?

Offline Iamrational

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 03:11:05 AM »
This kid is a tool. I watched the video and he completely ignores the contradictions.

This fool picks the first one and says there isn't a contradiction. So I looked up the verses to be sure myself.

Well he correctly recites both verses.

First off he can't seem to get his mind around the issue of lost in translation. He says nonchalantly that things can get mixed up in translation. No big deal to him. This is the most important christian book in history, touched by god. So there is already a huge, unrelated problem there.

So he decides on the version he likes best to make his point and still fails. He says one version states one guy killed 300. Then another version says 2 guys killed 800 people. So we are to assume that these are both accurate portrayals of the same event. How about the fact that the names aren't even the same. So the other version leaves out the guy that killed more people than the dude that killed 300. Thanks for the love author. So we are talking about someone that killed 500 people and no love from the writer. That is at very least misinformation.

The big problem for me is they don't match up. Are they the same story? Are they saying the same thing? If they are the same story and they are not saying the same thing I call that contradiction FOR THE BIBLE. Now if 2 news papers had slightly different versions I can live with that. The reason is they are not error free gods. They don't have to be perfect. Plus, as a bonus it is usually on video so I can see the proof myself. They write about stuff they mostly saw first hand. 

The bible is supposed to be error free. Perfect. Is left out information perfect? Not a chance. He acts like he hit a home run. If I am betting my kids lifestyle on this book, it better be spot on or it is a no go.

So lets have this douche bag go back and look at the whole list. It isn't one left out line. It is thousands of different interpretations, versions, etc. It is what I call stacking shit on shit.

Online Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 04:21:15 AM »
Reptiles to Birds: Archeopteryx

I win.

Hey, maybe the museum is on a secret crusade to get dinosaurs recognized as a separate class. And below this empty drawer there's one labeled 'dinosaurs to birds' which does contain Archeopteryx ;)
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 08:21:10 AM »
Turns out the contents of that empty drawer at the Museum of Natural History was discovered by Dr. Howard Lang:

Dr. Howard Falcon-Lang, a paleontologist at Royal Holloway, University of London, said Tuesday that he stumbled upon the missing reptile to bird fossils in an old wooden cabinet that had been shoved in a "gloomy corner" of the massive, drafty British Geological Survey.

ADDED:  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:28:54 AM by monkeymind »
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 08:22:57 AM »
Amazing, his "evidence" is debunked.

Bet you anything that he'll come up with some other means to rationalize it.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 08:31:57 AM »
^^^I was poking fun...sorry I forgot the winky face!

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2104600,00.html
Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »
Amazing, you were poking fun at him?

I never would have guessed.

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-1
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 12:19:19 PM »
Further examples of him trying to prove that he isn't using No True Scotsman:

him: @jaimehlers ok you really can't grasp this. the idea that you can be a christian and say you have a higher authority than God is as stupid as saying you're a christian who thinks jesus was just a man. You really can't apply the true scotts to this because they seriously weren't christian they admit it by claiming they never held Gods authority over theirs!

me: @Lacocacolaman No, I grasp it just fine. You see, I am talking about people who were real, honest-to-God Christians (abiding by God's authority, et al) at some point in the past.  You are trying to say that they were _never_ Christians because they stopped being Christians, and that is why No True Scotsman applies. The fact that they are not Christians now does not change the fact that they were Christians before.

him: @jaimehlers CONT>

imagine you telling me you completely trust me, then I tell you to jump off the roof of a 3 story building and I promise to catch you. Then you say "no, i don't think you can catch me." Then it's obvious you never trusted me! it's the same exact concept. please think this through. IF you still hold this logic explain to me how someone who doesn't put Gods authority over mans was still a christian?

me: @Lacocacolaman This example is flawed. You are assuming that the reason I refused is because I didn't trust you, when in fact it could have been any number of other reasons, such as the likelihood that you would be seriously hurt in trying to catch me. Or others, for that matter.

Your question is just another reprise of the same fallacy you've been making. What someone does in the present does not influence what they did in the past.

I'd maybe expand the metaphor he is using...OK, he tells you to jump off the roof, and promises to catch you. And you, trusting him completely, jump, and, oh, surprise, he is nowhere to be found. Somehow you survive, all the wiser. Are you still going to jump the next time he suggests it?

This is what can easily happen to the "True Christian" who follows God's word blindly until it comes clear, either suddenly, like the drop off a building, or just as something that builds up over time as more and more examples of God's not actually being there as promised add up in the Christian's mind.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »
That's not a bad point.  If he keeps trying to push on that example, I'll see about working it in.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »
He's still trying to prove that his argument isn't actually No True Christian.  He did so by ignoring my pointing out the flaws in his argument and demanded that I explain how someone who holds God's authority over all, then leaves, was ever a real Christian.  No surprise, really.

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
Wow he is pretty ridiculous.  I also was checking out his arguements against a member here about evolution.  We should bring this guy here so he can get tag teamed.  :police:

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
oh he put a link to the contest for best vid against evolution! haha.  We should totally produce a video response and enter the contest

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 06:29:21 PM »

Also you should check out the one he does on biblical contradictions arent real contradictions.

And as i posted later in the thread, here is the contest he entered for best vid against evolution  :angel:

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +511/-12
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 08:31:03 PM »
I can't help but wonder...  Some of the things in that video were a bit too ridiculous even for creationists.  For example, the scarlet letter A on the costume shirt, the fact that "Captain Antagonator" told a baby that Santa Claus wasn't real (which is kind of an odd thing for a Christian creationist to say), and the things he suggested doing with the DVDs (such as using them for skeet-shooting and using the dvd cases and covers for birdcage liners or to catch oil drippings).  Certainly makes you think a bit.

Also, I'm still shredding that other guy's arguments.  He keeps going back to No True Christian, and he keeps failing.  My latest stab is to ask him if God told him that these former Christians weren't really Christians, or if it was his own pride.

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 09:13:47 PM »
I can't help but wonder...  Some of the things in that video were a bit too ridiculous even for creationists.  For example, the scarlet letter A on the costume shirt, the fact that "Captain Antagonator" told a baby that Santa Claus wasn't real (which is kind of an odd thing for a Christian creationist to say), and the things he suggested doing with the DVDs (such as using them for skeet-shooting and using the dvd cases and covers for birdcage liners or to catch oil drippings).  Certainly makes you think a bit.

Also, I'm still shredding that other guy's arguments.  He keeps going back to No True Christian, and he keeps failing.  My latest stab is to ask him if God told him that these former Christians weren't really Christians, or if it was his own pride.

no kidding. his confidence in that is mind blowing.  He claims to know the minds of every christian that ever left the faith.

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »
no kidding. his confidence in that is mind blowing.  He claims to know the minds of every christian that ever left the faith.

We should introduce him to Onesteward.
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-1
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »
He COULD be a Poe, I guess...his almost-scripted stumbling over "ornithological" in the original post seemed a bit too good to be true...but one would think a GOOD Poe would have more than one patent argument up his sleeve.

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »
Well he did say he was joking in that vid about evolution because there is much better evidence against it.  He then told the commentor to visit creation.com