Author Topic: Santorum: It gets worse...  (Read 1476 times)

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +818/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
Santorum: It gets worse...
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »
If you ain't catholic, you ain't a christian. Needless to say, we atheists are left hanging too.

The dude thinks he can diss everyone but his own flockers and flockettes, and win by courting 24% of the population. He's starting to make Sara P. look like a genius and Newt look like something besides a creepy amphibian.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/santorum-satan-systematically-destroying-america

It's very telling that this is about the best the right can do when it tries to find a leader. They've got nothing, and they're proud. Five year olds who have just figured out how to use a fart for fun act more mature.

I used to occasionally vote republican. Now all I can do is puke it.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Re: Santorum: It gets worse...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
Anyone remember the John Birch Society.  They use to be looked at as the far right wing nuts of the rep party.  Today they are the Rep party.

Santorum also said this today:  Obama is against disabled people because he is pushing for free medical exams for parents expecting a child.  His thinking is that Obama is doing this so parents will decide to have more abortions if they see anything wrong with the child.  I guess you should not get an exam and just hope all is OK.

They (Repbs) are all yelling about this birth control thing yet in Virginia Reps passed a bill that says a woman must have a prob inserted into her before she can consider an abortion.  Has this country gone completely nuts?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 12:52:29 PM »
Has this country gone completely nuts?

This should be a new thread title, and the answer is yes, for all practical purposes!  Although, I do realize it gets magnified by the media.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +818/-6
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
Has this country gone completely nuts?

This should be a new thread title, and the answer is yes, for all practical purposes!  Although, I do realize it gets magnified by the media.

It may get magnified by the media, but it's not like they have to look very hard.

Offline atheola

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-4
  • Hospitals suck past an hour.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 01:27:06 PM »
Wait till some rube runs on the great idead of harvesting the entire molten core of the earth and privatizing it, but Texas will lead the way claiming Icelandic volcano lava under states rights ordained by god.
You better believe it's not butter or you'll burn in hell forever and EVER!
Get on your knees right now and thank GOD for not being real!

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 07:29:27 PM »
Maybe you should consider this. If he does run against Obama in November he won't win but he will get tens of millions of votes. That would not bode well for political stability.
If Obama does get another 4 years hopefully he'll learn from the 1st four that you can't compromise with the GOP. No more hands across the aisle bollox. Do what you need to do right away while you have public support because the longer you leave it the harder it gets. Stick it to them and keep sticking it to them.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 07:53:36 PM »
Why is it that Conservatives seem to think that doubling and quadrupling down on this insanity is the way to go?

Is this really the end result of an information filter bubble that only reinforces ones existing viewpoint?
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 10:33:47 PM »
I think it gets worse .. Listen to Santorun lie about the Netherlands. He says that they execute half of their old people involuntarily under the guise of Euthanasia. 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=57a_1329591046
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:35:43 PM by Brakeman »
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 07:32:28 AM »
We will have old people hiding in caves before this election is over. ;)

Offline Babdah

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-3
  • “We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 08:48:29 AM »
Honestly your talking about a guy who made this comment.

The idea that the Crusades and the fight of Christendom against Islam is somehow an aggression on our part is absolutely anti-historical. And that is what the perception is by the American Left who hates Christendom. … What I’m talking about is onward American soldiers. What we’re talking about are core American values.” Santorum

In my opinion we should have laws against people like this.
“We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road but even of its direction

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 12:24:06 PM »
You all should have followed the links on that page.

I did not know it but 19th century company towns have been reintroduced in Florida and one of them is Catholic ruled by Tom Monaghan, founder of Dominos Pizza[1],[2] and its Ave Maria University.

In 1980 Florida allowed developers to have a company town for 10 years.  If you live in the development the taxes are what the company says.  The company can also condemn private property.  But after that the voters have the government.  These are called the community development districts.  Walt Disney owns the town of Celebration that way.

Not anymore.  Now it is not 10 years but when more than 50% of the land in the district is developed then the voters get their say.  So the plans for Ave Maria are that the townees get 47% of the land and the rest is park land or a few percent owned by the university.

It is, in effect, a reproduction of a private and church owned city state straight out of the Renaissance when the Medicis (just bankers) ruled Florence with a slight pretence at democracy.

Company memos declare that they will control the town "in perpetuity".

Read:

Naples News -- Ave Maria: The Town Without a Vote
Washington Monthly -- Pie in the Sky
What happened when a billionaire pizza mogul tried to build an elite Catholic law school.
 1. He sold it and intends to devote the fortune to Catholic causes.
 2. and one other corporation in partnership
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:39:09 PM by Historicity »

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »
Here's a couple of sites that show quotes straight from the horses crazy mouth. He should change his name from Santorum to Sanitorium because that's where he should be. In a nice comfortable rubber room where he can't hurt himself or anyone else.

http://santorumexposed.com/?p=576

http://jessicadickinsongoodman.com/2012/01/06/top-10-santorum-quotes-ammunition-in-case-you-cant-remember-why-hes-vile/

There is no way he is fit to be president. He makes Dubya look like Einstein. His attitudes towards women, contraception, homosexuality, muslims, and modern life in general are totally archaic.

In some ways I hope he does get the nomination. I have no doubt Obama would defeat him at a canter. I also think the republican party would have to seriously rethink its entire attitude towards society in general because Santorum will put the GOP cause back decades. They have to decide what's more important, pandering to extremist religious minorities and money grubbing billionaires or start coming up with candidates and policies that better reflect the attitudes and aspirations of the people who's votes they are trying to garner because right now they are completely out of touch.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:18:14 PM by Frank »
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »
http://jessicadickinsongoodman.com/2012/01/06/top-10-santorum-quotes-ammunition-in-case-you-cant-remember-why-hes-vile/

4.“Does anybody know when the high-water mark of Islam was? September the 11th, 1683,”–Senator Rick Santorum

I'm not sure I have a big problem with that one.  Don't get me wrong - I think santorum should be quartered.  Just, the problem with #4 there doesn't jump right out at me.

edit - NOT.  (jesus christ)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:48:05 AM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +599/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 04:40:10 PM »
He's referring to the Battle of ViennaWiki with #4, when the Ottoman Empire attacked the Holy Roman Empire (which was aided by the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth).  Frankly, it's best used as an example of how utterly asinine he is, similar to his statement about the Crusades.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
On the 12th of LeafFall in 1683 the Polish Army defeated the Ottoman Army at Vienna which was the Ottomans' furthest advance.  After that they declined.

(I mention LeafFall because I read the orginal text of the letter to the Austrian empress from King Jan Sobieski of Poland and he put the date as the the 12th "Septembri" which means "of September".  One of the annoyances of learning Polish is the times the Poles got on an ethnocentric paranoia about being assimlitated and went about replacing words with true Slavic forms that were made up.  Samo = self and chod = mobile so automobile was replaced with samochod.  However the verb for leaving it in a designated spot is parkowac.  Likewise they dug up/made up Slavic names to replace the international Latin ones.  I thought they were ancient names till I found that in 1683 they were using the standard ones.  Sometime between then and now September became Listopad.  List = leaf, pad = fall.)

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
Anyway my favorite is his #31 -- that the Americans who stormed ashore on D-Day were volunteers fighting for private health care.

Almost 60,000 average Americans had the courage to go out and charge those beaches on Normandy, to drop out of airplanes who knows where, and take on the battle for freedom. Average Americans, the very Americans that our government now, and this president, does not trust to make a decision on your health care plan. Those Americans risked everything so they could make that decision on their health care plan.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +599/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »
I'm not sure which is scarier; the fact that he comes up with this stuff, or the fact that he's within shouting distance of securing the Republican nomination?  Though, if he did, that would be one of the few things which would practically secure a second term for Obama.

If I wanted to, I could absolutely rip each one of those idiotic quotes.  I still may, just not now.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »
Well, this is good. Either he gets dumped or he gets elected. Both will be clear signals for me to get on with life. Romney, I never figured out what would come out of that.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »
Romney is a REAL AMERICAN.  More than the other Bible thumpers.  Mormonism is a religion Made in America. 

Only if there was a Jehovah's Witness running against him could another candidate claim the same.

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-8
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 08:54:46 PM »
Why does the Republican front runner change literally every couple of weeks... It's an embarresment to watch and if I were a republican even I would be confused....

Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline Agamemnon

• Fellow
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 09:28:08 PM »
Only if there was a Jehovah's Witness running against him could another candidate claim the same.

It would be better to have a Scientologist. "Hmmm... Who do I vote for? They guy that believes god lives on Kolob and wears magic underwear or the guy that thinks he needs to have his Thetan levels checked by an e-meter?" Tough choice for the discerning Republican.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:56:37 PM by Agamemnon »
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.  --Bertrand Russell

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 10:19:37 PM »
I think back to some of our past leaders...FDR, Truman, Wilson, T. Roosevelt, etc.  What do you think they would have thought of this crop of Republican candidates?

Offline IAmFirst

• Reader
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 06:03:58 AM »
Oh, so far my favorites from Ricky are quotes about women having "emotions" and how being rape is still a gift from god, if you get pregnant. I suppose that if god hands you rape, you make rapenade??? :D What an ass.

I am glad for Santorum to be around and I hope he gets more public with his individual views. It helps to ruin the sad infrastructure of religion and the GOP in general.

His main backer, Friess, with his comments about how in his day, "Gals" held an aspirin between their knees and THAT was called contraception. Guess he has the "Bayer" necessities. Ugh.

But as much as I love Santorum being a frontrunner for the GOP, I still wish it was Bachmann. Would've been the first time in election history that all 50 states went for "the black devil". Still, how can it be a surprise that a man turns out to be dumber than Sarah Palin and Christine O'Donnell? After all, just like Santorum's camp has "proven", women have to take a back seat when it comes to competing with a man who follows his god. Hey, it's written, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ricky-poo came out and said that Michele and Sarah are out of the race because "god doesn't approve of their behavior without husband's permission." Can the GOP just fucking admit that they think of women as birth-givers and nothing else? They are THE MOST sexist group the world may have seen, perhaps with the exception of the Taliban.

To this day and beyond, I will never trust any smiling man who compulsively wears sweater vests.
 &)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:08:44 AM by IAmFirst »
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +93/-1
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:38 AM »
On the 12th of LeafFall in 1683 the Polish Army defeated the Ottoman Army at Vienna which was the Ottomans' furthest advance.  After that they declined.

(I mention LeafFall because I read the orginal text of the letter to the Austrian empress from King Jan Sobieski of Poland and he put the date as the the 12th "Septembri" which means "of September".  One of the annoyances of learning Polish is the times the Poles got on an ethnocentric paranoia about being assimlitated and went about replacing words with true Slavic forms that were made up.  Samo = self and chod = mobile so automobile was replaced with samochod.  However the verb for leaving it in a designated spot is parkowac.  Likewise they dug up/made up Slavic names to replace the international Latin ones.  I thought they were ancient names till I found that in 1683 they were using the standard ones.  Sometime between then and now September became Listopad.  List = leaf, pad = fall.)
Isn't Listopad November?

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »
I'm not sure which is scarier; the fact that he comes up with this stuff, or the fact that he's within shouting distance of securing the Republican nomination?  Though, if he did,If I wanted to, I could absolutely rip each one of those idiotic quotes.  I still may, just not now.
that would be one of the few things which would practically secure a second term for Obama.

In my opinion, everyone that the republicans are considering will insure that.
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 07:31:31 AM »
New sex ed lesson once Rick is elected:
Kids, don't have sex before you are married. Sex means any touching below the neck. In fact, no kissing either.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »
I wonder how long it will take the evangelicals to get that Frothy Rick doesn't like them adn thinks they are in league with Satan:

"
  • nce the colleges fell [to Satan] and those who were being educated in our institutions, the next was the church. Now you'd say, 'Well, wait, the Catholic Church'? No. We all know that this country was founded on a Judeo-Christian ethic but the Judeo-Christian ethic was a Protestant Judeo-Christian ethic. Sure the Catholics had some influence, but this was a Protestant country and the Protestant ethic, mainstream, mainline Protestants. And of course we look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is in shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it."
Tsk, Ricky, attacking Protestants.  I know, I know, you guys just can't resist the TrueChristiantm claim.

of course he wants to try to ignore he said this
Pressed on whether Satan was attacking America, he said: “These are questions that are not relevant to what’s being discussed in America today. What we’re talking about in America today is trying to get America growing. That’s what my speeches are about, that’s what we’re going to talk about in this campaign.”
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/21/santorum-pressed-on-satan-remarks/

he of course hates anyone who isn't a Christian like him.
s there such thing as a sincere liberal Christian, which says that we basically take this document and re-write it ourselves? Is that really Christian? That’s a bigger question for me. And the answer is, no, it’s not. I don’t think there is such a thing. To take what is plainly written and say that I don’t agree with that, therefore, I don’t have to pay attention to it, means you’re not what you say you are. You’re a liberal something, but you’re not a Christian. That’s sort of how I look at it.

When you go so far afield of that and take what is a salvation story and turn it into a liberation theology story, which is done in the Catholic world as well as in the evangelical world, you have abandoned Christendom, in my opinion. And you don’t have a right to claim it.
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/santorum-you-re-liberal-something-you-re-not-christian
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 02:32:43 PM »
Is there a Saint Santorum already.  If not, Pope Benny needs to put his name up for consideration.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +818/-6
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 06:56:01 PM »
Too bad he's not a fundy. Because I'm pretty sure that if he was born again, he'd claim it was done by C-section so he didn't have to touch the naughty parts. And I'd love that.

But since he is a catholic, Nick's suggestion that he be made a saint makes sense. A whole bunch of people are praying he doesn't get to be president, and if he looses, that would be proof that he's saint material. And he's been brain-dead long enough to qualify.

Crap this is complex. I'm so glad we atheists don't have to put up with all that stuff. Though I do plan to anoint my burger with ketchup tonight.