Author Topic: Delusion and the self preservation of pride  (Read 217 times)

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
Delusion and the self preservation of pride
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:12:01 AM »
What you are about to see is a perfect example of the type of attitude many people seem to posses.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/teenager-had-djokovic-shirt-snatched-away-speaks-against-185203397.html

If you look closely you can almost see the blinders on the woman's face. She seems totally unaware that the shirt was intended for someone else. Even tho that other person had been calling Novaks name all night.

I had been yelling out to him the whole match and he had looked up and acknowledged me," she said. "Then at the end he came straight over to my direction and threw the shirt up.

Now, if this is true then it would be nearly impossible for someone sitting only three seats away to be unaware of the efforts put forth by this young woman. However, when it became obvious that Novak was going to toss up something to the girl...everything else flew out the window for this woman.

After the fact, when she was interviewed and asked about the theft she said this

When the shirt was thrown, there would have been 20 excited people, all with their hands out," she told the Herald Sun. "After (it had been) thrown, there would have been 19 disappointed people. Such is life. I am not sure how you can snatch out of the hands (of) someone sitting three seats away from you with a barrier between the seating.

Really? Look at the VIDEO! She reached across three people to grab that shirt and I counted only two people holding out their hands.

Everybody likes to think of themselves as being good decent people.[1] It becomes necessary for some people to make up contorted justifications for their actions when they do something in contrast to their self image. 

Or perhaps they are just stupid, selfish, greedy assholes who think we believe their lies.

Same thing goes for religious people who's vices become exposed to the light of day. They either brainwash themselves in their own justifications or they are just plain evil.

You have to be honest with yourself before you can be honest with other people.
 1. Minus certain mental afflictions we face from time to time
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
Re: Delusion and the self preservation of pride
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 03:58:27 AM »
Selfish woman, she needs to give it back. Ugh, that footage made me ANGRY.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:17:09 AM »
Interesting. Djokovich didn't seem too concerned she grabbed it. Then again, he was probably moving on instinct after a 5 hour plus battle. It does look like he meant it for her. I hope she gives it back.

Or maybe they could propose it be cut it in half to see who the true owner is....
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:26:41 AM »
That woman was prepared.
She had her pudgy arms spread out covering six people in the front row.
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard