Author Topic: Mouse to Elephant? Just Wait 24 Million Generations  (Read 288 times)

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +40/-7
Mouse to Elephant? Just Wait 24 Million Generations
« on: January 31, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »

Just another day and another puzzle piece outside the creation myth bubble.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120130171909.htm
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Re: Mouse to Elephant? Just Wait 24 Million Generations
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »
Very interesting. I especially like what Evans said about being surprised that a species getting smaller happened faster than one getting larger. Correcting one's assumptions / hypotheses according to new data: the backbone of science.

But no doubt some creationist will soon be demanding to see the fossils from all those generations, and that this only means their god has another 23,999,998 gaps to hide in...
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »
Very interesting. I especially like what Evans said about being surprised that a species getting smaller happened faster than one getting larger. Correcting one's assumptions / hypotheses according to new data: the backbone of science.

But no doubt some creationist will soon be demanding to see the fossils from all those generations, and that this only means their god has another 23,999,998 gaps to hide in...

Creationists should love the discovery of transitional fossils, because that means two gaps for their god to hide in instead of one.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »
Very interesting. I especially like what Evans said about being surprised that a species getting smaller happened faster than one getting larger.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Evolution is all about efficiency.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:46:46 AM »
Very interesting. I especially like what Evans said about being surprised that a species getting smaller happened faster than one getting larger.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Evolution is all about efficiency.

Not always. After all, the laryngeal nerve isn't all that efficient. It is about survival, and in times of plenty larger survives more easily, and in extended times of scarcity smaller survives more easily.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.