Author Topic: Newt Gingrich!  (Read 929 times)

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
Newt Gingrich!
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:56:33 PM »
Looks like South Carolina's "Values Voters" are set to go with the serial adulterer today, over the Mormon front-runner and the Catholic homophobe. Who'da thunk it?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: Newt Gingrich!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 02:28:22 PM »
It seems the republican party has become a freak show yet could still win in November.  People in other countries have to look at us Americans and wonder how we got so stupid. :o

Did you see where they booed the "golden rule" the other night.  This is about as nutty as it gets.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »
Looks like South Carolina's "Values Voters" are set to go with the serial adulterer today, over the Mormon front-runner and the Catholic homophobe. Who'da thunk it?

Newt is also a catholic homophobe as well.

America has only ever had one catholic president in its history and he got his head blown off on national TV. Oddly he was a serial adulterer as well. What is it with catholics and adultery?
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
  • (Rama, avatar of Vishnu)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »
Rush Limbaugh says Newt Gingrich's adultery is a 'mark of character'

And here's a weird irony, of Cain, Gingrich and Romney, the one from the religion with polygamy is the one with only one marriage.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 03:31:01 PM »
Rush Limbaugh says Newt Gingrich's adultery is a 'mark of character'

And here's a weird irony, of Cain, Gingrich and Romney, the one from the religion with polygamy is the one with only one marriage.

Rush has been married even more times than Newt (Rush, Newt, Mitt. whatever happened to normal names?) so he must have even more character than Newt. Maybe he should run for President himself.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 03:36:23 PM »
^ Yeah.  Between them, Rush and Newt have had seven wives (so far). So when they say the gays are destroying traditional marriage, we should listen to them. They must be experts, having personally destroyed five marriages themselves...

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 04:29:43 PM »
I don't think anybody is worried about South Carolina. The media kept on saying SC was Newt's state anyway. The good thing is from what I've read somewhere, the other 49 states don't really like him.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 04:33:06 PM »
He could not even get on the ballot in his home state of Virginia.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »
And with this being said, apparently even His own' religious beliefs and/or Church are against him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/20/catholics-ginrich-santorum-race_n_1220152.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing5%7Cdl6%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D129191

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 04:53:51 PM »
Newt is really a hybred Catholic.  He became one because his 3rd wife is one.  The church probably made the 1st 2 not count ($$$$$$$$).

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »
He could not even get on the ballot in his home state of Virginia.

I thought he came from Georgia.  So I looked it up.  He was an adopted child from Pennsylvania (Newton Leroy McPherson) and was adopted by the Gingrichs of Georgia.

He has been a Lutheran, a Baptist and now a Catholic.  He lives in Virginia now.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 07:37:12 PM »

He has been a Lutheran, a Baptist and now a Catholic.  He lives in Virginia now.

Looks like he'd be a Satanist if he thought there was fuck in it.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 08:07:32 PM »

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
You just made that up Chronos.  I like it. ...........Actually, it seems like quite a few of our presidents and aspirants turn out to be lecherers, adulterers,and who knows what else. OK with me as long as they are not Jesus freaks. Newt has to pretend to be a trinity freak.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 09:03:29 PM »
I just can't look at him without thinking of porky pig. My apologies to PP.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +55/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »
A funny tweet posted on one of the news blogs:

BREAKING: Stung by defeat in SC, Romney considers adultery.

There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
  • You know
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »
I'm really enjoying how delightfully wrong I've been about these Republican primaries. 

I think I really underestimated the extent to which these people just don't like Mitt Romney.  I thought they would make the calculation that he's the best candidate to run against Obama and simply hold their collective noses and vote for him.  But now they've deluded themselves into thinking that Newt Gingrich is the more electable candidate.  He's got something like 100 percent name recognition and a 60 percent unfavorable rating and he's electable?!  I guess if you trick a group of people into ignoring science, it's only a matter of time before they start ignoring public opinion polls or anything else that challenges their world view.  It's also pretty ironic that Romney's main conservative apostasy is having implemented Romneycare, which Newt, his ostensibly more conservative opponent, also supported.

But yeah, I honestly have no idea how this will play out now.  My hunch is that the establishment will bend over backwards to see to it that Romney is the nominee if Gingrich doesn't destroy himself in Florida.  But I don't know.  I came into this thinking Pawlenty would take it.

Peace
Nah son...

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +113/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »
I agree.

It is a mark of character.  Poor character.

The GOP just really don't like Romney.
They've tried on almost every pair of pants in the closet just to avoid picking the pair called Romney.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 11:18:31 PM »
They've tried on almost every pair of pants in the closet just to avoid picking the pair called Romney.

JUST SAY NO TO MAGIC UNDERWEAR!

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 12:31:33 PM »
Looks like Gingrich has Newtmentum!

Florida: Polls suggest Newt surging
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/23/1057525/-Florida:-Polls-suggest-Newt-surging?detail=hide&via=blog_1

Watch for a panicking Romney and his SuperPACs to unleash the kraken and bombard Florida with millions of dollars in negative ads. On the other hand, Gingrich has been kicking his ass in debates, and there are two more scheduled for this week.

Gingrich just needs another bitter ex-wife to come forward at the last minute, or a hapless black man like Fox News house negro Juan Williams to imply that he's racist again, then he can get all righteous and indignant at these debates, too, and knock another one out of the park!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/23/1057525/-Florida:-Polls-suggest-Newt-surging?detail=hide&via=blog_1

Watch for a panicking Romney and his SuperPACs to unleash the kraken and bombard Florida with millions of dollars in negative ads. On the other hand, Gingrich has been kicking his ass in debates, and there are two more scheduled for this week.

Gingrich just needs another bitter ex-wife to come forward at the last minute, or a hapless black man like Fox News house negro Juan Williams to imply that he's racist again, then he can get all righteous and indignant at these debates, too, and knock another one out of the park!
Well, he has taken care of the women thing, and the black thing.  With 2 more debates this week he can take on gays somehow and then atheists.  That should win it for him.  If there is a 3rd debate he can throw in flag burning.  That is always good for a few votes.

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 02:33:31 PM »

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +896/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 07:33:17 PM »
You know things have gotten bad when the wives have numbers instead of names.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »

Well, he has taken care of the women thing, and the black thing.  With 2 more debates this week he can take on gays somehow and then atheists.  That should win it for him.  If there is a 3rd debate he can throw in flag burning.  That is always good for a few votes.
Damn, I missed it.  He was just on TV saying that he was going to fight against those who are trying to fight religion.  He has a 51 page outline on his web site exposing those who would do so.  So I guess religion is the hot button he will use next to divide and conquer.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
"We knew Obama would put free markets on trial"...

I don't know what that means.  It's in the category of not even wrong.

But it's a quote from a Romney TV ad here in FL.

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 11:12:12 PM »
Damn, I missed it.  He was just on TV saying that he was going to fight against those who are trying to fight religion.  He has a 51 page outline on his web site exposing those who would do so.  So I guess religion is the hot button he will use next to divide and conquer.

As long as Christians don't seem to care about his adultery,  I guess it makes sense. Romney can't do anything about it without calling more attention to his Mormonism...

Offline Historicity

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-2
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 11:30:18 PM »
On Friday Chuck Norris endorsed Newt Gingrich.  Gingrich promised, "He [Norris] will make an excellent Secretary of Attack."

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/entertainment/gingrich-gets-endorsement-from-chuck-norris-dpgonc-20120120-kh_17245577

This campaign is so much fun.  This has gotten me past my disappointment that Sarah What's-her-name dropped out.