Author Topic: How Indonesian authority abused atheists  (Read 473 times)

Offline Aceluffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
How Indonesian authority abused atheists
« on: January 19, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »
This man declares that gawd doesn't exist on his Facebook status & immediately he got beat up, lost his job & might even end up in jail.
One perfect example of why Indonesia is nowhere near ready in accepting Atheism.  :(
The IA ( Indonesian Atheist ) community is doing whatever they can to prevent this man from being locked up ( I shudder to think what they will do to him in prison ). Lawyer up !!
I'm doing my part as well by firmly protesting this, online & on site. Thought I'd share this with all of you so you know how bad it is in Indonesia.
Man, I'm so glad site like WWGHA exists. I'll never take this community for granted.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/god-does-not-exist-comment-ends-badly-for-indonesia-man/492370

If we were made in His image, then why aren't humans invisible too?

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +106/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Re: How Indonesian authority abused atheists
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »
 When we stand with him you can just hear the cries of the religous that they are somehow being persecuted for there beliefs and somehow justify this mans treatment.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-4
  • Carbon-based life form.
God is an Imaginary Friend for Grown-ups

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • Counter-Theist Taskforce
Indonesian Atheist Beaten and Now In Danger
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 07:29:19 AM »
Summary: Indonesian atheist and former Muslim, Alex Aan, who renounced his faith back in 2008 and started to come out a little bit through Facebook had a heated debate with several religious people after his update said "God does not exist". Though in the States or in the Western world we tend to scoff at the "Internet tough guy" threatening to come over to your house and beat you up, Aan barely had any time to scoff before a mob broke into his house, beat him up and then took him to the police.

He's now being charged with "blasphemy". He was offered an unofficial choice: remain atheist or believe in something (one of the six religions Indonesia officially recognizes). His job, his livelihood and his family are now in danger.

News Source(s):
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/318276

http://www.hindustantimes.com/technology/SocialMedia-Updates/Indonesian-atheist-faces-jail-after-Facebook-post/SP-Article1-800252.aspx

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/dismay-after-indonesian-atheist-charged-with-blasphemy/492622

FB Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-Alex-Aans-Human-Rights/194025204028128?sk=info
The Second C

Offline C

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • Counter-Theist Taskforce
Re: Indonesian Atheist Beaten and Now In Danger
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 07:32:19 AM »
I am aware AceLuffy has a separate thread on this (just realized it) so if moderators think it appropriate, then I will be glad to see this post merged into AceLuffy's thread.
The Second C

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »
Wow, he gets a choice of six different delusions.  How would you choose?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 02:19:49 PM »
Effective immediately, and continuing until there is true freedom of religion and non-religion in Indonesia, I am boycotting all Indonesian-made products.  Start checking labels, and spread the word until they feel some substantial pain in their economy.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Aceluffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 08:16:42 AM »
Wow, he gets a choice of six different delusions.  How would you choose?

Yes, even the sixth choice is the latest one they added a few years ago due to some lobbying.
This is how my country of origin is so messed up. I'm sure there are many people like me who wish they can get out of that 3rd world country but still stuck because of monetary or documents problems.
Please click the link that C provided about supporting Alex Aan. Sign the petition & let the whole world know that whatever retarded actions Indonesian authority made, they're not just gonna get away with it.

Offline Aceluffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 08:22:18 AM »
Effective immediately, and continuing until there is true freedom of religion and non-religion in Indonesia, I am boycotting all Indonesian-made products.  Start checking labels, and spread the word until they feel some substantial pain in their economy.

Well, I guess it's safe to say that you won't be using any Indonesian products until year 2999 :)
Watch out for Macy's, JCPenney, Ross, Old Navy, GAP & all similar retail chains. Many Indonesian products there, yeah....they're sneaky that way. Cheap labor & all.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +280/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 11:43:01 PM »
Watch out for Macy's, JCPenney, Ross, Old Navy, GAP & all similar retail chains. Many Indonesian products there, yeah....they're sneaky that way. Cheap labor & all.
Pas de problème, Aceluffy.  I don't tend to buy a lot of the standard consumer fare or spend a lot of time shopping the major chains, so it won't be too much of a hassle to check country of origin if and when I do need to pick something up.  I expect that shoes will be the major problem item, as so many of them come out of Indonesia.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Aceluffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 08:01:44 AM »
An update on how Alex Aan is doing after his blasphemy charge.
Not enough threatening him with 5 years jail sentence, several outspoken moslems even want him beheaded. What's up with their infatuation about decapitation ?

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/calls-to-behead-indonesian-atheist-alexander-aan/495308