Author Topic: Good Morrow Fellow Thinkers!  (Read 496 times)

Offline BustaBrown54

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Good Morrow Fellow Thinkers!
« on: January 18, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »
The name is Michael Brown or aka by my friends BUSTA BROWN! Catchy is it not? haha i joke around but to the point of the topic. I hail from Mount Pleasant, Texas (not very known outside of Texas but its a major Truck pass through area) and for the first 16 years of my life I followed the ways of my parents on the basis that If I doubted it and I was wrong I would in turn burn in the supposed "lake of fire" but after waiting on to have a one on one with Jesus, as many others claim they have, I started asking more and more questions until I got tired of waiting and got the answers myself. Now 3 years later I feel much better as a person as I feel more free as I ever had in my entire life. It feels good to know now the truth but being stuck in a very christian society makes me feel like a odd ball cuz I know if I ever tried to inform some of my friends about it, they get really offended by it. Its wierd due to the fact that I never curse at them or other stuff.

I guess living with lies for so long glues to them and they dont want to be changed. It really bums me out but alas I know now what to expect. Im glad to have found this site via godisimaginary.com (which really helped confirmed the craziness of my former belief) and to see that Im not alone in this world. :) have a wonderful day everybody!
"Sweat saves blood, blood save lives, Brains save both."---Desert Fox

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
Re: Good Morrow Fellow Thinkers!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »
Hello and welcome aboard! I'm on IGI too, but don't recognize your handle. I hope you enjoy it here, and I hope you can find some folks in real life who have thrown off the shackles of religion.  :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:19:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

There's not much I can say about your intro except for this part:

It feels good to know now the truth but being stuck in a very christian society makes me feel like a odd ball cuz I know if I ever tried to inform some of my friends about it, they get really offended by it. Its wierd due to the fact that I never curse at them or other stuff.

Welcome to the world of religious hypocrisy. It gets worse the more you look into it.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
Welcome BB.  We have several members from Texas.  You are right in that breaking free from a delusion is like breathing fresh air.  No lnger feeling guilt or fearing fire forever is the way it should be for all.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline BustaBrown54

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 03:01:14 PM »
Thank you very much! :D It feels good to finally be acknowledge not as a "Satanic" delusional brat. I know the truth now and Im better for it.  I been confronting people now who says ridiculious stuff such as, "Athesists say they dont believe in god, but they sure talk about him like he does. They're ignorant." (direct quote btw) and in turn I replied, "We talk about him so much because we wish to disprove his existence and help bring humanity closer together by dropping down walls such as Religion, race, and nationality. etc etc." and in return I got a reply "Pffft yea what the fuck ever." I never drew a single curse word from my mouth or even hated on his faith but merely asked questions about what his god did and how very "un-loving" he was. He told me "That's from the OT man.". I mean cmon...thats part of the frkn bible! Same god supposedly but of course I showed him some verses of the NT just to show that one isn't free of ridicule. :) BTW we're not friends anymore even though he apologized to me
"Sweat saves blood, blood save lives, Brains save both."---Desert Fox

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:09:23 PM »
greetings fellow earthling

as hard as it may seem, you are at least one of the lucky ones

rationality is best
irrationality is bestialTM

look forward to seeing you around the boards mate
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Samuelxcs

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +6/-18
  • The oldest and strongest emotion of humans is fear
    • Fallen Angels
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum,

You seem to be a positive person. You are right, you are not the only one in this world like that. This place should (hopefully) be just what you need. The 'friends' you informed were never your friends if they ever were 'weird' about you asking them stuff. There are a lot of people like that in this world. They just exist as meaningless puppets with no controller. It is better to ignore them. Have a good day too and we shall see what your future holds.
"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget."
-Thomas Szasz