Author Topic: What can we do?  (Read 10478 times)

Offline Karl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: What can we do?
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »
Evidence that atheism has not increased?  Surveys indicate non-belief as the fastest growing group IIRC?

I was being sarcastic.

Sorry about the second o, some words I'll never learn.

There is reason to be sarcastic. Atheism appears more in public nowadays. Unfortunately being an Atheist doesn't automatically mean one is smart. It just means that a person can be a non believing idiot rather than being a believing one. Whilst I do notice the damage that religion does, I also see the disaster the contrary can cause.

I consider the step to accept reality and facts instead of fairy tales essential to move away from religiously inspired madness. If only there weren't so many other things that make people become insane. So the battle against religiously caused problems is important.However I doubt that it will resolve a more fundamental problem, stupidity. As mentioned that is not the level of an IQ or education. Education helps but I continuously meet educated people who are acting insane. It surprises me how many problems can be solved by simple application of common sense. Reality shows that the use of that is rare.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +265/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2012, 02:57:34 PM »
Whilst I do notice the damage that religion does, I also see the disaster the contrary can cause.

This seems to contradict this:

I consider the step to accept reality and facts instead of fairy tales essential to move away from religiously inspired madness. If only there weren't so many other things that make people become insane. So the battle against religiously caused problems is important.However I doubt that it will resolve a more fundamental problem, stupidity. As mentioned that is not the level of an IQ or education. Education helps but I continuously meet educated people who are acting insane. It surprises me how many problems can be solved by simple application of common sense. Reality shows that the use of that is rare.

Care to explain how one accepts reality and facts without moving away from religion, as well as the "disaster" it can cause?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:06:03 PM by Lucifer »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Karl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »
Logic and reason will soon rule the day and I’m anxious and excited for that day to come
If that is according to the nonsense you're writing then we'll have to wait for a long time.
... I am confident that the evidence will soon demonstrate to him that the universe and all living things are the creation of an astronomically powerful creative intelligence.
Evidence? Can you please be a little more specific? If you can bring forward "evidence" then I think we will be all ears to you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:04:27 PM by Karl »

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »
http://www.learnthebible.org/does-religion-deny-evolution.html

BS, plagiarism will also lead to moderation.

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2012, 03:14:33 PM »
Evidence? Can you please be a little more specific? If you can bring forward "evidence" then I think we will be all ears to you.

I have been instructed that only original research and peer reviewed material is capable of providing a credible argument…..so any attempt I make is almost always summarily dismissed. That is why I provided a link in post #45 to someone who has the credentials necessary to make what I am told is an acceptable argument. Did you watch the video? Do you have any counter argument(s) to make?

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2012, 03:16:46 PM »

What?? Where did this come from?? You make a serious charge here so I would hope that you are prepared to provide the necessary proof. 

I can tell you in absolute honesty that I have never visited the page you linked to....at least not that I recall and certainly not in the recent past.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:19:54 PM by BibleStudent »

Offline Karl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2012, 03:37:20 PM »
Care to explain how one accepts reality and facts without moving away from religion, as well as the "disaster" it can cause?
It is what I meant. Accepting reality and facts excludes the possibility of believing in a god. So I guess maybe I expressed myself wrongly but your question is actually making me repeat my point. I do not understand however how decorated scientists can still go to church. Maybe that is good for another topic.

I didn't mean disaster through turning away from religion. I meant disaster caused by insane Atheists. That can be a country's leader who prosecutes certain or all religious groups. It can mean that some people are not able to maintain ethical standards without the support religion gives them. Obviously most religions have a tendency of keeping people from cutting their throats whilst at the same time they serve as a justification for just the same thing (if it comes to the exclusiveness of their respective god). At least the subject is included. It has nothing to do with this religion being just an imaginary thing.

Or basically .... Atheists can be dangerous idiots too. I did not wish to claim that turning away from religion can result in disaster, so maybe a little unthoughtful to write it without explanation.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:44:27 PM by Karl »

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
I am confident that he will soon come to know that there are millions of molecular machines in each cell that perform thousands of functions and these machines use billions of pieces of information from the most complex  data storage media (DNA) known to man. Each one is incredibly more complex than even the most advanced machines man has ever built.  Science cannot explain even the most rudimentary assembling of the building blocks of these systems. It is impossible for this to have “just happened.” None of life as we know it originated naturally and it did not randomly evolve into the mind-boggling levels of layered complexity and systematized integration.

From the linked page:

For example, did you know that there are millions of molecular machines in each and every living cell performing thousands of functions every second? Did you know these molecular machine systems are using billions of pieces of information from the most advanced data storage media in the known universe (DNA)?
Did you know that science cannot even account for even the rudimentary assemblage of the mere building blocks (proteins) of these systems?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:49:09 PM by Ambassador Pony »
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2012, 03:54:11 PM »
I am confident that he will soon come to know that there are millions of molecular machines in each cell that perform thousands of functions and these machines use billions of pieces of information from the most complex  data storage media (DNA) known to man. Each one is incredibly more complex than even the most advanced machines man has ever built.  Science cannot explain even the most rudimentary assembling of the building blocks of these systems. It is impossible for this to have “just happened.” None of life as we know it originated naturally and it did not randomly evolve into the mind-boggling levels of layered complexity and systematized integration.

From the linked page:

For example, did you know that there are millions of molecular machines in each and every living cell performing thousands of functions every second? Did you know these molecular machine systems are using billions of pieces of information from the most advanced data storage media in the known universe (DNA)?

I'd be lying if I said I do not see *some* similarity. I take a LOT of notes, though, so I may have written down some passages from that article awhile back but I am being 100% honest when I say that I do not ever recall visiting that page....and, as I mentioned, I know for certain that I haven't recently. Either I wrote down some excerpts from it and just don't recall or there is a strangely coincidental similarity. I can see why you might think I was plagiarizing but I assure you that I did not willingly and recklessly copy someone else's comments.

Dang, I guess I better double-check any references I make to my notes if you guys are running everything I say through some kind of plagiarism filter. Holy crap.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +265/-34
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2012, 03:56:58 PM »
Dang, I guess I better double-check any references I make to my notes if you guys are running everything I say through some kind of plagiarism filter. Holy crap.

It is not unusual for theists to plagiarize others' work, even if unintentionally. Most of us prefer if people express themselves in their own words, rather than copying what others say.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »
BS, how do you think that excuse fares in universities where the science you deride is studied in earnest?

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2012, 04:03:01 PM »
Of course, you might be responsible for that content, originally. Did you write the message from the linked website? Do you think that producing what someone else wrote with a few tweaks is not plagiarism, and does not require a citation?

I understand that the source material is probably some creationist material.

No, I did not write or in any way contribute to the material in that link you provided. And, yes, I do agree that simply 'tweaking' someone else's comments is a form of plagiarism. As I indicated, though, those comments came from notes I had taken and so they may have very well come from that article but I still do not ever remember visiting that page. I do not see a date on it, though, so I don't know how long it's been there. Interesting to say the least.

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2012, 04:04:49 PM »
BS, how do you think that excuse fares in universities where the science you deride is studied in earnest?

What "excuse" are you talking about?

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »

It is not unusual for theists to plagiarize others' work, even if unintentionally. Most of us prefer if people express themselves in their own words, rather than copying what others say.

What's really bugging me is that Pony may actually be making a valid charge here. I don't know for certain but it's causing me some grief. I guess, if nothing else, if I did access that article somewhere along the line and got my comments from there, at least everyone now knows where they *might* have come from. Like I said, I guess I better be careful to check all of the notes I have if I'm going to use them. I had no idea my comments were being checked like that.

Also, I would hope that anyone who might want to check any of my previous posts will note that I always cite the source when I use material that is not my own.

This is somewhat embarrassing.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2012, 04:44:18 PM »

The excuse I think is saying, "Oh, I had no idea. I mean, I might've taken that from somewhere, but I am not too sure. I browse a lot of sites and can't say for certain if I visited that site and took that idea".  It's an easy way out. I mean, you could've intentionally taken that quote from a website and failed to cite where it came from; or you could've written it in your notebook and thinking it's original when you actually did take it from someplace else. Either way, you should write where you got whatever article, idea, thought, etc in your notebook just to be safe. No professor from an accredited universe will accept the excuse of, "oh, yeah. I guess I might've taken from someplace else" as a way out. 

I had no idea my comments were being checked like that.

This forum isn't using turnitin.com, but it's amazing what a simple google search can reveal. 

Perhaps you should use the favorite feature in your web browser as a way of keeping track of where you got your information from.

Let this be a lesson to you. Even if it was your original idea then you should still at least submit to the forum where you drew your conclusion from.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:49:01 PM by Emily »
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +265/-34
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
I had no idea my comments were being checked like that.

If it appears that a comment was written in such a manner that is inconsistent with the user's normal understanding of both the English language and the topic at hand, it might be verified.

Also, I would hope that anyone who might want to check any of my previous posts will note that I always cite the source when I use material that is not my own.

I doubt anyone will do this. It is the user's "job" to cite his/her sources, not everyone else's.
We choose our own gods.

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2012, 05:00:43 PM »
Let this be a lesson to you. Even if it was your original idea then you should still at least submit to the forum where you drew your conclusion from.

Agreed.

I doubt anyone will do this. It is the user's "job" to cite his/her sources, not everyone else's.

Agreed.

I think I might have found the actual source: http://www.learnthebible.org/intelligent-design-belongs-in-church-not-in-biology-class.html

I know I have visited this page. The second paragraph of my post is littered with comments very similar to some of the comments in this article. I don't see any similarities in the first or third paragraphs, though.

Wow. I think my credibility may have just puked out here. Probably won't be posting anymore. It's too embarrassing.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +265/-34
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
Wow. I think my credibility may have just puked out here. Probably won't be posting anymore. It's too embarrassing.

I really hope this is sarcasm...
We choose our own gods.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2012, 05:08:36 PM »
I think I might have found the actual source: http://www.learnthebible.org/intelligent-design-belongs-in-church-not-in-biology-class.html

I know I have visited this page.

Well, Pony pointed that page out, and you even commented on his  comment:

What?? Where did this come from?? You make a serious charge here so I would hope that you are prepared to provide the necessary proof. 

I can tell you in absolute honesty that I have never visited the page you linked to....at least not that I recall and certainly not in the recent past.

Lesson learned, you got caught. Don't let it happen again, mmmmmmmmmmmmkay.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2012, 05:11:38 PM »

It's not. I feel substantially humiliated. Although it was unintentional, I just got busted plagiarizing and now that I found what I believe to be the actual source, I am convinced I failed to cite where *some* of my thoughts originated from. Its a shitty feeling...let me tell ya.

Offline pingnak

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »
Make sure there are more game show questions featuring details of evolution.

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »

I know I have visited this page.

Well, Pony pointed that page out, and you even commented on his  comment:

No, it's a different page. Same site...different page. The contents of each are entirely different but it appears one of the people contributed to both and repeated some of the commentary.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +265/-34
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2012, 05:22:18 PM »

It's not. I feel substantially humiliated. Although it was unintentional, I just got busted plagiarizing and now that I found what I believe to be the actual source, I am convinced I failed to cite where *some* of my thoughts originated from. Its a shitty feeling...let me tell ya.

I'm not questioning whether you feel humiliated or not. I feel sorry that you feel that way, when it was an honest mistake. As I explained, it is not uncommon for theists (and sometimes atheists as well) to do this; sometimes they just don't think much about it until it is pointed out.
However, your post implied that this was the one thing that "puked out" your credibility, when almost every post you've made has contributed to this.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »

"I take a lot of notes....." and it somehow stuck with you.

Offline Cyberia

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +35/-0
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2012, 06:13:57 PM »
"Modern Darwinism is built on what I will be calling “The Primary Axiom”. The Primary Axiom is that man is merely the product of random mutations plus natural selection. Within our society’s academia, the Primary Axiom is universally taught, and almost universally accepted. It is the constantly mouthed mantra, repeated endlessly on every college campus…… To my own amazement....... Dr. John C Sanford (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Sanford)

This entire paragraph has absolutely NO substance to it.  Not only is he simply bemoaning, I suspect he is projecting.  A real scientist wouldn't write a paragraph like this.  WHY is it bad?  WHAT is incorrect about it?  HOW could it be improved?  Furthermore, of course it's universally taught....evolution doesn't work differently in the bible-belt than it works in Europe or California.  The same holds true for Gravity and every other discipline in science.  Duh.

"When we come to examine the simplest known organism capable of independent existence, the situation becomes even more fantastic. ... This unique sequence represents a choice of one out of 102,000,000 alternative ways of arranging the bases!

One out of 102,000,000.  Remember that he said this.

We are compelled to conclude that the origin of the first life was a unique event, which cannot be discussed in terms of probability."The University of London cell biologist Dr. Ambrose

Oh so AFTER he just discussed the origin of life in terms of probability, NOW he says that it CAN'T be discussed in terms of probability.  Nice.  Well done.

Furthermore if the ODDS of life originating naturally are 1 out of 102,000,000, how does that PROVE  that life can't originate naturally?  Seems to me it proves the oppositeThat's what it mean when you "give odds".  This goes over Creationist heads every single time.  They just don't get this part.

Using a little algebra we can see that 41,000=10600.

No algebra in the world, except creationist homeschooling algebra, says 41,000 = 10600.

Ten multiplied by itself 600 times gives the figure 1 followed by 600 zeros!Frank B. Salisbury, evolutionist biologist

Oh!  So he meant 10600 = 41,000.  Nope, still fail, this time by a much larger margin.

Human Genome Project Supports Adam, Not Darwin     

No, it doesn't, stop embarrassing yourself.

John Mattick of the University of Queensland commented about how “The Genomic Foundation is Shifting” in his brief essay for Science.  “For me,” he began, “the most important outcome of the human genome project has been to expose the fallacy that most genetic information is expressed as proteins.”

Oh my god.  Actual scientists are working to improve our understanding of genetics?  Say it ain't so.  You just posted a paragraph where a scientist wrote a scientific paper saying "Hey guys, maybe we're doing step #923729 improperly.  Maybe we should consider [factors x, y and z] into the equation."

That how science works.  HELLO?!?  How would this support your position ANYWAY?

Finally, where is the peer-review?  What do other scientists think?  Are his arguments supported?  Has the scientific consensus changed?  Just because he wrote it doesn't make it true, scientist or not.

"These observations suggest that we need to reassess the underlying genetic orthodoxy, which is deeply ingrained and has been given superficial reprieve by uncritically accepted assumptions about the nature and power of combinatorial control.

Same deal.

In another essay in the 18 February issue of Science, Maynard Olson [U of Washington, Seattle] asked, “What Does a ‘Normal’ Human Genome Look Like?”  Olson did not wish to get embroiled in old debates about nature vs. nurture other than to acknowledge that they still exist despite the publication of the human genome.  Instead, he asked what factors are minor players in human variation.  One of them, he said, in a statement that might have raised Darwin’s eyebrows, is “balancing selection, the evolutionary process that favors genetic diversification rather than the fixation of a single ‘best’ variant”; instead, he continued, this “appears to play a minor role outside the immune system.”  Another also-ran are the variations we most often notice in people: “Local adaptation, which accounts for variation in traits such as pigmentation, dietary specialization, and susceptibility to particular pathogens is also a second-tier player.”  The primary factor is another eyebrow-raiser for Darwinists:

Same deal.

What is on the top tier?  Increasingly, the answer appears to be mutations that are ‘deleterious’ by biochemical or standard evolutionary criteria. These mutations, as has long been appreciated, overwhelmingly make up the most abundant form of nonneutral variation in all genomes.

REALLLLLLLY??!  (everyone read that quote carefully)

If you exclude the NEUTRAL mutations, you're mostly left with BAD ones?  Well no shit Sherlock.  GOOD mutations are exceedingly rare, but the majority are NEUTRAL (the quote even implicitly acknowledges that)

This isn't news, or a revelation, or "increasingly" apparent.  It's FACT.  It's been fact since Day-1.

Sigh.

Did you catch that?  These are phenomenal admissions in a secular science journal.  Mattick showed how many ways the evolutionary geneticists were wrong. 

Good.  That's super.  Now we know MORE.  It's called LEARNING.  Try it.

Olson’s revelations are even more shocking, and, in a way, delightful – for those who believe that the Bible, not Darwin, tells where man came from.  Olson essentially said that Darwinists should pack up and go home, because the factors that they have counted on to explain human complexity are minor players. 

Nope, only Creationists read it that way.  Actual scientists, for whom the information was intended, read it differently.....and likely many of them think Olsen has it wrong for reasons: [x, y and z]

Then he said that most mutations are harmful, bad, deleterious, regressive, plaguing each individual person. 

NO, HE DIDN'T.  HE SAID THAT MOST WERE NEUTRAL.

READ!

Soon we will judge angels.

Offline Karl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »
BS, do you know who is Mr. Guttenberg? He still insists that the questionable 70% of his dissertation as a Doctor was his idea. Whilst the contrary has been proved. He had to step down as the German Secretarty of Defense for that, not without a mighty financial parachute I might add. Continuing the witchhunt for plagiarism was the result and successful so you are not alone. The justifications or whatever you want to call the excuses were the same as yours. Singing "can't buy me love" still doesn't make you one of the Beatles.

Besides, the filter exists and a lot of people presently pay the price for their lack of honesty.

Offline monkeymind

• Fellow
  • Darwins +44/-4
  • I don't understand what I know about it!
    • How To Know If You Are A Real Christian
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »
Again, I appreciate your concern and sympathy but my son is a freethinker who will follow the evidence where it leads……. and I am confident that the evidence will soon demonstrate to him that the universe and all living things are the creation of an astronomically powerful creative intelligence.

Well, if that turns out to be the case....all I can say is....the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Truthfinder:the birds adapt and change through million of years in order to survive ,is that science, then cats should evolve also wings to better catch the birds
Mailbag:On a side note, back in college before my conversion, I actually saw a demon sitting next to me in critical thinking class.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »
I didn't mean disaster through turning away from religion. I meant disaster caused by insane Atheists. That can be a country's leader who prosecutes certain or all religious groups. It can mean that some people are not able to maintain ethical standards without the support religion gives them. Obviously most religions have a tendency of keeping people from cutting their throats whilst at the same time they serve as a justification for just the same thing (if it comes to the exclusiveness of their respective god). At least the subject is included. It has nothing to do with this religion being just an imaginary thing.

Or basically .... Atheists can be dangerous idiots too. I did not wish to claim that turning away from religion can result in disaster, so maybe a little unthoughtful to write it without explanation.

Sorry to butt in here, but I take issue Karl with what you describe as the "Insane Atheist" who persecutes people because of their religion. The defining characteristic of the person you describe is the "insane" part and not the "Atheist" part. In this case, the insanity is the cause for the persecution, not the Atheism. Atheism is lack of belief in God(s). Nothing more. There is no dogma that says who you should or should not kill, enslave, rape, etc. however, the Bible is EXACTLY such a thing. So is the Koran. So is the Torah. These works have directly (and indirectly) inspired persecution of religious and non religious people for thousands of years. The persecutors in these case don't have to be insane: they just need follow the example set by God and his followers in the Bible. There is a distinct difference between a religious person doing such a thing and an Atheist doing such a thing. That is, in the case of the Atheist, they are either insane, a complete asshole, or both. Christians, and Muslims and Jews, because of their holy books, cannot use that as their default excuse. I'm not saying that the religious person is NOT an insane asshole (they most definitely are) it's just that it is because that's what their holy scriptures require them to be. As annoying as fundamentalist religious folks are, at least they keep it real, and actually accurately represent the lunatic blood orgy that is the bible.

Also, religion keeps people from cutting others throats? since when are religious people not violent? Religion is at the heart of so many wars, so much bloodshed, for so many thousands of years, and is responsible for so much murder, rape, incest, genocide, and slavery, that to suggest that it is the only thing that keeps people together is, quite honestly, ludicrous.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline BibleStudent

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-66
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2012, 08:02:01 PM »
BibleStudent, what is your take on that comment I made? Does entropy support the fall from Adam?

I feel like I am sitting in a restaurant and the waiter just set four automobile tires down in front of me. Where did this come from and how does it apply to the topic in this thread?

I had no idea which part of my post you were referring to. If you would have cited it, as you did above, I could have figured it out. I'll go back and re-read your post.

Why the snub? I just wanted your opinion about a point of view I presented elsewhere that was in support of what you submitted. You said;

Then he said that most mutations are harmful, bad, deleterious, regressive, plaguing each individual person.  For the coup-de-grace, he said that there seems to be a “Platonic ideal” of the human makeup (wild-type referring to natural) from which we all “fall short.”  This is the opposite of Darwinian evolutionary ascent from slime; it is descent with modification downward from an initial ideal state.  Biblical creationists will shout Amen: we have all fallen from Adam!

I added the bold to highlight where my comment applied to what you were arguing. If what you are arguing doesn't apply to the topic of the thread then why are you making it? Did you read the comment I pointed you to?
I had no idea which part of my post you were referring to. If you would have cited it, as you did above, I could have figured it out. I'll go back and re-read your post.

I read your post and, yes, I do agree that entropy supports the fall from Adam....insofar as I think I understand your argument.
I agree with your comment that "However, life is frantically clinging to it's tentative existence, and getting weaker and weaker as it burns up it's energy struggling to survive. That's how I see evolution. "

I believe a gentleman named Dr John Sanford did some work on this and I believe wrote a book. You may want to look him up.