Author Topic: Time to buy some new books.  (Read 571 times)

Offline Swanny

Time to buy some new books.
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »
Hello everyone, I am looking to do some reading. I have a few different concepts that I want to hit, and a few different books in mind with which to learn in specific fields. If you recommend getting or not getting it, please let me know; if you have another book to recommend in its place, I also appreciate hearing your opinion.

Many thanks!

First, A Universe From Nothing, so I can better explain how scientists think the world began without a creator.

Second, The Magic of Reality, so I can defend a scientific view of the world without resorting as much to philosophy.

Thirdly, The Greatest Show on Earth, so I know the specifics of evolution rather than arguing that it is generally true.

Fourth, The Jesus Puzzle. Understanding the historical background (or lackthereof) both helps me to understand Christianity better and gives me a leg up in debates.

Finally, I would like something on the psychology of religion, if anyone has anything in mind. I am not sure where to go with this one. :/

A preemptive many thanks!
The most basic fact of life is that there has to be a creator and to deny this no matter how many phd's u have mean you are still at the most elementary stage of true knowledge.